vs Toronto Raptors Wednesday December 23 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'December 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. max

max All-Star

Gotta hand it to them. Put up 12 more shots by a crushing 13-6 advantage on the offensive glass. Took 4 more FT attempts and managed to get blown out. Final score was only 12 but I stopped watching with about 6 mins to go.

I don't know if you could duplicate stats like that even if you tried to. Perhaps blindfolding each player before they took a shot. Even then I don't know.

When the high point of the game was back to back long 3's that did not even count you know it was bad.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I thought the Raps looked pretty good...
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Isn't Jonas Jerebko's Dad from Sweden... or is it just his Mom. That interview they had with his Dad sounded like he was 100% American.
  4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

This game must be the lowest point of this season.
  5. linwood

linwood All-Star

Hopefully.
  6. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Wanted to join chat for both yesterday's and today's game but I always seem to have important appointments in the morning (over here) recently. Hopefully I'll be able to join you guys the next game. Sorry.

Report: Richard Hamilton and Ben Gordon will return Sunday, Tayshaun Prince a possibility | Detroit Pistons - - MLive.com
  7. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

Wow... just wow.
  8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I bailed at the half and went out shopping...came home watched Criminal minds and then remembered I had the game taped and had not seen any scores so decided to take a looksy......For awhile I thought was watching the Lakers redux in red unis, as the Raptors hit every hoop and we missed every hoop!! It was torture for me so I know the fans and Joe D were in pain.

Once again we ran out of gas ..this time it wasn't in the second half, it was about 9 minutes into the game..Alas with 27 points in the second half we would not have beaten Oakland University tonight.....Still as I stated in the 3rd post earlier today, it we had scored 96 pts ....we would have won this game:)

But as was the case yesterday, the game was lost at the free throw line as we missed 9 freebies and beyond the arc where they got us 24-3...(last night it was 27 -6) two games in a row where we lost by 21 pts in the three pt game..and once we left guys widddde open....and they hit the contested ones too.

Once again a former Piston ~ Amir Johnson got the last laugh as did Nazr did last night. I hope we don't play the Celtics in the next 10 days so Sheed can really dog us... cause right now he is rolling in his hammock...

As stated, Rip and Ben will play in the next game.....and maybe even Tay...they had to announce this, because after the last two games no fans would show up for these games...

Lets hope that at least the two guards comeback healty and Tay is ok to rejoin the lineup by at least the turn of the decade..
  10. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

As far as I can tell, most Swedes speak English better than most Americans.

For the game - yeah, the gig is up. This team can't surprise anyone anymore. Pack everyone in the lane, let anyone on the Pistons fire it up from outside and get the board. Two or three weeks ago Ben was fighting off one or two players for the boards, now it's three or four or even five. Two or three weeks ago Stuckey was getting blocked an inordinate number of times when there was a single defender waiting for him under the basket. Now he can't even get close enough to get blocked.

Time for the big kids to come back to play.
  11. Blue

Blue First Round Draft Pick

According to Jonas' wikipedia page, dad is an American. He's from Buffalo, played ball at Syracuse and went on to play pro ball in Sweden. He ended up settling down there and I assume married a Swedish woman (wouldn't you?). So I guess Jonas was born over there but Dad was originally from America.
  12. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Every other pass on offense is to Stuckey. We have no offense right now. As the coaches stated (and I hate to say it) we have to be able to score in order for our defense to have a chance. If we can't put the ball in the bucket, we can't compete defensively.
  13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yea, and if they are going to be back, you might as well play them each 40+ minutes. :yellowprison: :nerd2: :MusicBigGrin:
  14. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

PLEASE bring them off the bench as a unit for limited minutes.
  15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I'd like to see Tay get minutes at the 4 and 5 when he returns to help him along.

At least Kuester is standing tall during the losing streak.

Pistons' offense ties franchise low in sixth straight loss | detnews.com | The Detroit News
  16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

At this point no one can shoot from the outside and almost everyone gets blocked going to the hoop.

They were blocked 6 times in the Laker game, 10 times in the Bobcat game and then 9 times last night.

While we were getting drilled from beyond the three to the tune of 22 three pointers the last three games, were a paltry 2/12 vs the Lakers, 2/12 vs the Bobcats and 1 for 9 last night vs the Raptors.

With no one hitting any buckets, it explains why we averaged only 10.5 assists the past two games.

during this losing streak, the Pistons have dropped from the 6th seed to the 10th seed.....not that it matters this early in the season.... In the Power rankings they have dropped from 16th to 21st.....and that was before the 30 pt home loss...not that it matters this season....

Merry Christmas everyone!!
  17. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Not only that, this was the worst loss since the Jerry Stackhouse days.

Man... brutal doesn't even begin to describe it.
  18. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

At least this years season predictions aren't as high as last years...:)
  19. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

We took 20 more shots, had more free throws, and out-rebounded these guys.
    Yet we lose by around 30 points. I take it we don't shoot very well.:)