vs Toronto Raptors Saturday December 11 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'December 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

It was a team wide problem. The Pistons were in full celebration mode from the 2nd Q on. By the 3rd it was like Mardi Gras at The Palace.

Lee mentioned in his game log that they were goofing around by force feeding Big Ben the ball in the 3rd when he was scoring. Everyone was laughing when he was scoring. The game was over to them.

CCG's 1st 2 hoops came on breakaway dunks that he had nothing to do with creating but he crouched down in a pose with his mean mug for the cameras. He also was holding his follow through on his made J's to admire his shots. Luckily he went ice cold when the game was in the balance. What a bargain.

To be fair, he might not have been striking a pose after his hoops. That could have been him playing D.

These guys suck. Them celebrating the shifting wind shows why they'll never amount to anything. For a team like this to assume victory proves that they are all talk. They want to win without the work. F me.

2. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I sadly predict that we may be LAST (but last last) in the standings by the end of this year. Worse than the Clippers, Washington an New Jersey.

But what is really scary is that those teams have a SECURE core of guys who will get better and eventually these teams will be better.

Clippers: Griffin - Gordon - Bledsoe- Aminu

New Jersey: Favors - Lopez - Harris - Terrence Williams

Washington - McGee - John Wall - Blatche.

Where is the SURE core of guys who will be better in our roster?

3. del

del Team Captain Forum Donor

Appalling.

I want to write so much more, from the mucking around by the players to Kuester's horrible substitutions again when the game was slipping away, but in the end it was just... appalling.

4. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

After analyzing the video Ernie, I'm guessing Charlie was in a premature defensive crouch. His intentions were good but his timing was off and he needs to begin to extend his defensive efforts into game time. It was a good start though. It shows the coaches have been working with him.

5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

:pound:The "premature defensive crouch" is killing me.

6. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Perhaps it was a good thing that my NBA League Pass subscription doesn't allow me to watch games on NBA TV. I'm not sure I'd still be a fan of this team. :tsk:

7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I missed the game Saturday night but it was replayed on NBA TV yesterday (Sunday morning) so that Raptor fans can rejoice in our misfortunes....I taped it and will watch it this morning to see what this "celebratory" aspect was that some of you said occurred mid game when they thought they had it won in the third qtr.

I still think that the coaches rotations, sub patterns and lack of diirection on defense and discipline is the reason they are at the bottom of the rung in most categories including wins and losses.

I don't care if the team sale is in flux or not, Karen "I don't care" Davison should step up and fire the coach just so she can get this sale completed without his can't win at any level baggage.

8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Last year, JJ would not have even played except for all the injuries. This year, JJ is the only guy you can point to with an injury.

Bottom line, Kuester has no excuse this year at all.

The way this is going, it will be worse than last year. With basically all healthy players, if you look at the rotation from last year.

No excuse. Time to fire the coach.

Oh, we did lose Kwame - who the coach said of: This team is going nowhere without making Kwame a big part of things. Guess what. Kwame ain't even here - and otherwise we have made no real improvements.

Guess we are going nowhere.

Well, I got a different view: The team can't go anywhere with Kuester as the coach. Wake me up when he gets fired. Probably start watching Pistons games again. Well, I have not actually missed one yet - but I plan to miss a lot. Dropping cable today - so it will have some permanence.

9. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

This summer, we need to do some house cleaning. We need an alpha dog of a coach. Q needs to go.

We only have the following players under contract past this summer:

Bynum
    Daye
    Gordon
    CV
    Rip
    Maxiell
    Monroe
    Big Ben
    White

The following are expiring this summer:
    Prince
    JJ
    Stuckey
    TMac
    Summers
    Wilcox

Based on the play so far, I say only extend T-Mac's contract and have him be our PG for 2 years. Offer JJ a contract as well. Get something valuable in return for Stuckey in a S&T deal. Let the others expire.

We are stuck with Rip.

Trade away Bynum, CV and Maxiell.

Start with the following nucleus:

PG: TMac
    SG: Daye
    SF: Jerebko
    PF: ?
    C: Monroe

Bench: Gordon, Big Ben, White

Hopefully Prince's expiring this season, plus the cap space from Wilcox' expiring and the Stuckey S&T will net us a legitimate big.

Then in 2012, make run for Deron Williams.

10. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I will be a Pistons fans forever, No matter what.

But is killing me watching this games.. I will support, forever, this team but watching the games is ruining my nights so bad that I can't sleep good at night..

Kuester MUST get fired RIGHT NOW.

11. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I'm with you man, these games are BRUTAL!
    Seems like it was just a couple of years ago, I remember talking about the Pistons to a guy at work (Wizards fan) and telling him our team is so freaking good, we're sitting all our starters the whole 4th quarters and letting the rooks get some game. He just looked and me and said "oh man". Remember that? There was one game during that strech Flip had to put all the starters back in real quick before we lost it.... I remember thinking Sheed really didn't want to come back in...It really doesn't seem that long ago, and look what we got now....everything is screwed up big time.

12. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

An actual post where Flip is considered from "the good ole days". :)

13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Where's Mike "we good" Curry when you need him??

14. max

max All-Star

We did have hope back then.

15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I gave him a cab ride !