vs Toronto Raptors Saturday December 11 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'December 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

There are just too many guys in the rotation. The Pistons play three different games each game. The lack of continuity hurts also down the stretched. No only is there no go to guy but no continuity in a given night.

I would play Tmac, Monroe and Gordon a lot more and cut minutes everywhere else. Several players should be dropped from the rotation.

They have to decide about Daye. He is still not ready--just not strong enough or saavy enough-- but maybe he could get spot minutes just for development sake. The team is going to lose most games anyway.
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

That really was some shameful stuff right there. This game made the last Orlando game when they were down all the guys seem like losing the NBA Finals on a last second shot.

Rip was the only guy who was not afraid to shoot at the end of the game.

These guys are losers. It was embarresing watching them celebrate and strike poses after minor plays. It says a lot about these guys that they would ease up against anyone given their record.

The Pistons are the worst team in the L.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I am glad I missed this one....to blow a 19 point lead at home after losing all of the games on the road the past week, Q and a couple of his assistants and a couple of players need to GO. If Joe can't pull the trigger, than he needs to GO too!!!
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

As a side note, the Pistons should never lose any games where they hand out 30 assists and Ben Wallace scores more than 20 points and/14 boards.

We have no coaching discipline or DEFENSE
  5. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

We might be the worst team in the league but atleast we play our veterans 35 MPG!
  6. linwood

linwood All-Star

7. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

The psychological effect of a loss like this will probably crush these guys for the forseeable future. For Ben Wallace to go out and have the offensive night he did, and then the team gives it away...I gotta say that Ben will probably go into player hibernation for the winter months. I'm now afraid that my 21 game victory prediction is simply not low enough.

Mike Illitch probably lowered his offer to 32 million after last night.

Coach has probably called Rich Rod to see where he got the moving van for HIS January move.

Prince was spotted signing a contract to be a spokesman for "American Tourister"

Stuckey told the team before the game that their battle was to be called "The Big Chill"
  8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

maybe if they get a lead like that again they'll have to start trying to run the clock out in the 4th quarter. it's sad that all they had to do was not turn the ball over in the 4th and the raptors would have had no chance to comeback.

definitely one of the most mind-boggling losses i've ever seen.
  9. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

This was the worst game in a string of bad games. What really angers me is the posing after shots and celebrating even though the game has not been decided.

Ineffective coaching and players that dont care. I cant stand CV's game or attitude. How can this mess be repaired?
  10. Brap

Brap Starter

Disagree 100% about the comment above about Daye. Even though he was playing out of position - he's not strong enough yet to be a PF, he was shooting and playing really well, and was rewarded for that strong play and GREAT shooting game after game by being totally pulled from the rotation.

Play Daye 30 MPG with Monroe and with Stuckey and just let those guys develop together. And then when JJ gets back, those 4 guys, plus Gordon are the absolute future of the Pistons and really have a very high upside together.

So we suck and lose a ton this year. Yeah! Seriously, just grab a top five pick. hell, win the damned lottery and add a superstar and then build with those 6 guys. I no longer care that much if we get much if anything useful back for Tay, Rip, Maxiell, CV - etc. Just get those guys out of the way and build this team around the young core guys who are going to be here in 3 seasons.
  11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Well Joe's excuse has been, "I want to wait and see what we got" ......blah....blah......blah "Missed 80 sumthin games because of injuries" blah.......blah......blah........ "Evrybody was hurt, we need to see how Stuckey does playing in the same system, same coach for 2 seasons in a row" blah.......blah.....blah........ Now what Joe, you must clearly see this team for what it is now, right? Lemme guess Joe, you want to see what will happen when T-Mac, JJ and Terrico White get healthy, or, wait and see how Greg Monroe looks after he has a full year of experience under his belt!
  12. Nemo

Worst case senario...In three years...

Joe is still in charge.

New coach is Lindsey Hunter.

Tay and Rip still around with Stuckey...

JJ, Monroe, and Daye are given away to clear cap space...

Ben Wallace still playin 30 MPG.

:cold: :cold: :cold:
  13. Nemo

14. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That sounds really bad. Can you elaborate?
  15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

This is what you get when you trade away Amirsing talent.
    I saw 2 pictures involving the Raps dealing with some body and both pictures had Amir dealing with some body. His face was all into it. He had his arms poised to foul.
    You know.
  16. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

The pattern is wide open for all (finally) to see:
    • Absolutely no leadership from GM on down.
    • Small core still around and the attitude has not changed.
    • Inconsistency everywhere because this is the land of me.
    • Not a outstanding athlete on the team. TMac was once and no longer wants to be in the middle of this circus.
    • Have they hit bottom? Doesn't matter because the mental damage has been done. There might be a slight upward bump, but this has no meaning. Everyone just walking through the haze.
    • A long season is here and a cleaning of house on the horizon.
  17. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Last year it was possible to pass this all off on injuries. Now we see (other than JJ) what we have.
  18. Brap

Brap Starter

When the team is so devoid of big men, except the inexperienced Monroe and the ancient (and shell of his self, Wallace), and the pieces fit so weirdly (Tay and Rip don't belong here anymore; starting two non-offense players in Ben and Maxiell, without long range shooters in the lineup at all), it is totally unfair to say that none of the individuals on the team are worthwhile.

Nothing that's happened this season means Monroe and Daye and Stuckey cannot be stars in seasons to come. I see no reason to think they cannot.
  19. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

I say we call it as it is. There is no solid piece to build on. I like Monroe's potential. As with most bigs, we probably won't know for 2 years. I like JJ. I like Daye but he is not ready. Daye has poor court sense, he does not get his shot off always as many NBA players do and he can be pushed back like Andrew Bynum was in Bynum's first year. We can be optomistic about these guys but doubt that they are enough of a future front line. If they are, it will be 2-3 years before they can make the team win in bunches.

Stuckey has simply not shown ability to carry a team in crunch time. He has trouble scoring in crunch time, avoiding turnovers and running the team. He still does not have an NBA level shot. Can he get there? Or, do the Piston take a franchise type scorer with a pending top five pick and start over? Joe must look hard at this situation. It is not a question of whether or not Stuckey is a good player but is he the franchise player to build on, run the team, etc.
  20. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I agree.. I hate CV's game.. CV's attitude and hate him. I've been lying yo myself since we sign him, telling myself "Well, he will be a good player, what we need inside, bla bla bla.. " but that are just lies..

I find Ben Gordon useless too.. HE is not half the guy he was in that playoff series against Boston before we sign him.

Stuckey can't.. He won't NEVER be a star.

The only way I think he can be a star in this league is if we trade him to play alongside with Rondo, CP3 or Deron Williams, so Stuckey can play Shooting guard as he always dream to be his life in the NBA.

And Daye can be a surprise but if he grows up, mentaly and physically.