vs Toronto Raptors Saturday December 11 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'December 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. roscoe36

3. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

19 point lead at halftime. [SARCASM]I feel safe[/SARCASM].

4. Brap

Brap Starter

This team is going to have to cut Bynum. He isn't the only culprit, but he's the worst one - he has been beyond stink this season. And Rip is a terrible BB player now.

5. Brap

Brap Starter

It's hard to believe, but the Pistons finally have played their worst game of the season. I thought we had already passed the worst level of sucktitude.

6. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

No...they didn't just do this. Did they? Ben Wallace got a three at the end and they all seemed happy enough anyway. This is the worst group of Piston players assembled in the past 25 years. No more comparisons to the teal teams....those teams were much better.

7. Mr. Big Shot

Mr. Big Shot First Round Draft Pick

The epitome of disappointment...

8. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

.. I'm happy for Ben to achieve this at his 36 years when he can't jump like he did 9 years ago and score dunks and alley-oops..

But i'm a Pistons fan so I'm maaaaadddd...

WHAT THE **** Happend???? Anybody can tell me?? I couldn't watch the game and I want to know what happend.. I mean.. we were up by more than 22 points at one point!!! I thought It was cooked!!! COME ON!

JOE DUAMRS COME ON.. PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEEEEEEEEE.. DO SOMETHING!!

9. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Worst second half to be sure. The played quite well in the first half.

10. roscoe36

Nice game from Benjamin.

11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Perhaps these embarrassments are needed so this thing can hit rock bottom, even in Joe Dumars' eyes.

12. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

They haven't hit rock bottom yet?

13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Last regular writeup I am doing, after about 9 years now. Going back to taping the games, and watching them if they win. Let me see, I started with Carlisle, thats two years. Brown 2 more. Flip 3. Curry 1. Kuester one and change. I have written up all but the tiniest handfull of games in that time. Gonna miss it - but its time for me to concentrate on other things. Won't say I will never pick it back up, but for now, again - bye.

Who knows when I might write up another, cause this coach can't coach, and our GM ain't got the guts to fire him.

We were well up, and we start goofing off. Ben Wallace ended up with 23 points, including a 3 with time expiring. Most of his points, most of his scoring attempts, were legit - catching them napping. But what really started our downfall this game? Ben Wallace, and the whole crazy team, decided they were going to go to Ben Wallace repeatedly. No surprises, just go to Ben Wallace, announced, to see if they could stop him. Of course they could stop him, and they did a couple of times before we ended that non-sense.

Then you got the Bynum factor. Guy can't play. Coach could care less. Bynum played, and our lead to begin the 4th quarter shrunk quickly before Kuester adjusted. Not really too slow - just an adjustment that should never have been needed.

TMAC was plus 10 in the first half. Did eveything right that could be done right. Our bench put a solid whooping on Toronto - with TMAC leading the way. Thing of beauty.

In contrast - just because he could I guess, Kuester in his infinite wisdom sat TMAC for the 2nd half. And we therefore did not even have a bench worth a darn in the 2nd half. I know, TMAC did get injured somewhat in the first half. Just maybe Kuester had a reason not to play him. I hope so. But hey, if Kuester had to play him, then I am just as mad at Dumars for having him on the team. Get an emergency point guard who can play the game.

Man, in just a little over one quarter of basketball, we got outscored by 33 points. A lead of 25 points went to a deficit of 8 a minute or so before the end of the game.

Again, Kuester just can't, or won't coach. CV can't defend. So when the other team can't be stopped - pull him. Instead, CV gets as many minutes as any this season, I believe. Kuester has no idea what is going on out there. Totally embarrassing.

Why did we get such a lead in the first place. Kuester actually did something right. JMAX got into foul trouble and he brought Monroe in to play along side Ben Wallace. What an excellent team we are with those two in there. Probably won't see that again - too successful for Kuester's taste. So, basically, with our normal - total loser front man rotation totally messed up, we were a good team for quite a stretch.

We started off the 2nd half with a 19 point lead, but it shrunk to 14 real quick with our usual - no possible way to score unit - out there led by the non- offense playing JMAX and Big Ben. Bad combo. So Monroe comes in. And its like night and day - the lead quickly goes back to 25, where it was at times in the 2nd quarter.

A series of bad coaching mistakes from there spelt disaster.

These last two games should have been wins. Two of the worst teams in the league - and neither game ended up close at the end. You just can't get a whole lot worse a coaching job than this.

Again, see you all after the next win, whenever that may be.

PS, it is appalling how few fans were at the game. Yet very understandable.

Oh, I guess I could write a bit more on this one yet. Stuckey had a pretty good game. Lots of scoring at the basket, jump shots made, and some nice kickouts after getting to the hoop. Tay has disappeared for a while now. Daye is getting iced again to make sure he loses his shot again. Rip hit some shots. Gordon was non- existent - since he played along side Bynum. Ok, good nite.

14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't think so.

15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I knew in the 3rd qtr (still up by 20) we would lose this game, I said so, ask my girlfriend.

First half was fools gold, we were up 19 but we'd given up over 50 pts and 65% shooting from the field, you had to know that eventually Tor would STOP giving us the basketball.

Once again we lost the 3rd qtr and allowed them to score 30 pts, so even though we were up by 16 you knew we were still headed in the wrong direction.

Then in the 4th qtr Q apparently thought the game was already in the bag (shows just how bad of a coach he is) and leaves T-Mac on the bench to get Austin Daye some run???? WTF???? We all agree that Bynum sucks, but we still got beat piƱatas when he was benched so what difference does it make? Tonight in the 2nd qtr the bench brigade dropped 43 pts and mainly because we put the ball in T-Macs hands and he delivered, when the ball is in the hands of Bynum and Gordon it's a disaster waiting to happen, so what does Q do, march out Bynum, Gordo, CV, Daye and Monroe, the most atrocious defensive unit one could ever assemble and not one good ball handler or facilitator on the floor, just pitiful!

Bad team, Bad coach, Bad attitudes, bad mgmt, bad ownership.

As a team and org we'll eventually turn this thing around (in a few years) and when they do I hope they take the $25M/yr they bank in profits and really reward us loyal fans who are willing to put up with this BS!

16. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

I don't understand our struggles. I thought spending $94 Million on bench players was the key to success? Having a starting frontcourt of offensively challenged 6'6" players doesn't work? Your best PG being at best, questionable, as a PG should at least win some games.

Blowing 25 point leads at home and being considered one of the worst teams in the league is exactly how this season needs to continue (no sarcasm). The draft is our only hope. No more of these pitiful attempts at being mediocre. Just embrace the suck.

17. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Lee, I hope we still see you around the forums often even if you are not doing game writeups for now. Don't be a stranger.

18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

And today's sad day in Piston Basketball gets even sadder....

Actually watching Ben tonight shows just how bad we are because we don't have any sort of inside game from our frontcourt players. Tonight Ben Wallace had the type of game scoring and rebounding that a guy Zac Randolph has EVERY NIGHT! A guy like Al Jefferson (who was easily available last summer) delivers like that on the regular, Amare, etc etc etc.

He was FANTASTIC! It really was a thing of beauty. T-Mac is a shell of his former self but he is by far and away our best and most knowledgeable basketball player on this roster, unfortunately for him his body just won't do what he wants it to do night in and night out for extended minutes.

19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

And the best PG in the country, Kyrie Irving is now injured and could miss the rest of the season, it's like our deal with the devil has expired and payment has come due, we can't even win when a win is a loss.

20. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Let's see it for what it is. Sure, I would have had Gordon and Monroe on the court late. TMAC should have gotten more run in the second half.

But we lost the game in the last 5 minutes because Stuckey could not elevate his game as a scorer, as a point guard, as the supposed franchise player. People will say but look at his stats: he scored and had assists. Not in the last 5 minutes other than that one pass to Rip. Stuckey's best asset is his drive but he seldom delivers in crunch time as teams are packed in waiting for him. A case in point. He had a rebound about 10 feet from the basket. Now, your star just takes it in and makes a move and gets fouled. But Stuckey does not have those types of skills--making a move or just hitting the jumper right there. He got to the line luckily on that charge very late when the game was over. But let's not stay only with Stuckey

The Pistons tried to go to Tay but Tay cannot deliver as a go to guy either. Only Rip hit a shot or two.

CV has not shown to be a clutch shooter in crunch time so his offense does not cancel out his defense. But this Piston team simply cannot make the stops when they need to like good teams. They gave up 37 points in the 4th.

There is no go to guy and no defense in crunch time.