vs San Antonio Spurs Tuesday February 8 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'February 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

based on the contents of the last 10 posts, this thread should have been branched out to the Will Bynum deAppreciation thread.

I don't mind Will the thrill and his explosive out breaks, the problem is none of them have led us to a victory.. at least this season.....As Lee pointed out, he may score 15-20 points in 15 minutes, but he his normally playing with newbies and if he is only getting 2 assists, then either he is not passing to them or he is getting the ball to them at the wrong time or spot. Which means that they are not learning, they are just looking..
  2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

3. max

max All-Star

Note he comments on making plays for himself 1st. Kind of shows his attitude that reflects in his play.
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Are you saying he has a big head like CB ?
  5. max

max All-Star

That he has a shoot 1st mentality.
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Sounds like he'll roll with himself. Especially if no one's hot.
  7. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

He took a shot a Q in the post game with his "we never know who we are going to play with and for how long" comment last night. Seems like the rotations have been pretty consistent lately but not in Will's eyes.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

You're taking one comment and extrapolating to validate your opinion that he's a selfish player?:

He has the highest assist rate on the team.
    Yet he has the 8th highest FGA rate on the team (i.e. doesn't look for his own first).
    He has a higher FG% than Stuck, Gordon, Hamilton, McGrady, Villanueva, Daye, and Summers (basically every shooter except for Tay).

And based on his comments and his background, I'd actually draw the opposite conclusion as you. I think Will is a very humble guy who is trying to the make the team better. He goes on scoring tears late in games when we're down big because it's worth the gamble for the team at that point. That is probably why a lot of his scoring bursts don't result in wins for us... because he took over when we were down a lot.

Chauncey Billups had a very similar mindset. He's spend the Q's 1-3 getting others involved and only take over the game in Q4 if nothing else was working. It almost made him look like he had a switch sometimes.
  9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

TaS, I love the way you use statistical evidence to prove/disprove claims. The research and legwork is appreciated. :thumb:
  10. Brap

Brap Starter

I still think Stuckey can be a heck of a player in this league. Maybe he should be a swing guard off the bench - taking over Bynum's role. Or maybe he should be a swing guard, starting at the SG position. The thing is, he should be a great player paired with long range shooters like Daye and Gordon. With his great penetration ability - spread the court players like those two ought to create the room Stuckey would be optimal with.

Bynum and Gordon cannot play together, since they're too short and too weak on D to pair up in the backcourt. So, if we're staying with Gordon, and I think we should, we need a taller legit PG to play with him when Stuckey's not in there.

If we get super lucky, then White would be a great fit in that 3 guard rotation.

BTW, White is a much better natural shooter than Stuckey, and he has very similar size, speed, strength attributes to the Rodster, although he also has super leaping ability - something Stuckey doesn't really bring. Athletically, White is an amazing physical specimen. The question is, can he play?
  11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The one obvious thing that we have learned the last 2 seasons is that Stuckey is not a point guard, swing guard, or combo guard. He is a shooting guard. He is awesome at taking people off the dribble, but he cannot hit a jump shot or drive-and-dish.