vs San Antonio Spurs Tuesday February 8 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'February 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

This is a classic confused bird flies into a window game because these 2 teams are so similar.

In fact, if it weren't for the multiple championships, the coaching stability, the infusion of young talent on the roster despite being one of the better teams in the L year after year and not trashing their long time players in the media by SA it would be impossible to tell these teams apart.

Get some rest before this game Piston fans because you will need a clear mind to get through this one.

3. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Spurs have a back-to-back coming up against the Pistons and Raptors. Pops should have them motivated to take these 2 easy wins into the All Star Break.

Prediction:
    Spurs 108 - Pistons 90

4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I can feel a 3rd quarter collapse coming on.

5. copper

copper Bench Warmer

yeah, but it will start with the tip.

6. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

only in 3rd?

7. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

With everybody already thinking of the big game tomorrow a reminder about this game might be necessary.

Any Twitter news, 0809?

I say Pistons by 15.

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

9. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

"Jason Maxiell is active for tonight, replacing DaJuan Summers. Stuckey was shooting with Summers, Jerebko. Could mean anything" - Keith "Silvertongue" Langlois, via Twitter.

"Wilcox sounded like he would be available tonight. Rip said he would test groin during pregame." - Vince Ellis, via Twitter.

Go Pistons!

10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Must win game.

11. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Pistons by 11........

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

So far at the half, even game with Spurs up one. Pistons getting out rebounded by the Spurs as our bench seems to have no legs or arms to grab any loose balls.

Tay and Ben are having shooting issues and Gmon is getting out played and intimidated by both Duncan and Blair.

Stuckey back and got his customery block attempt....Rip back to the back of the bus....

13. LA Dre

Spurs lead at the end of three 71-66. Pistons had fallen behind by 7 as DuJuan Blair out hustles all Pistons grabbing loose balls and scoring in the paint at will and scoring 8 pts.

Stuckey leads a Piston comeback to knot the score at 66, but then the Pistons give up 5 pts to close out the qtr with some less than inspired defense and selfish play by Bynum.

14. BillLaimbeer

Bynum was awesome tonight. Some of you guys are Bynum-haters. He was playing brutal during the first part of the season, but he is getting healthy and playing well now.

15. LA Dre

Looks like we were able to run with those guys for three quarters as both teams missing ez shots and FT's but the Spurs defense picked up in the second half and by the time the forth qtr came around it, was their three ball shooting vs Bynum, ...and as in the game vs Nuggets, the Triples beat Bynum again as the road team won.

Spurs 100 ~~ Pistons 89

The bench outscored the starters 48-to 41 and they closed the game, but just like the starters could not stop Blair's' inside game, the bench could not stop the outside game of Bonner, Jefferson and Genobli in the end as they made 5 of their 10 threes in the 4th qtr.

Bynum was our leading scorer once again sparking and leading the Pistons with 21 points, but the big guns Gordon, TMac and Prince were 4-13, 3-10 and 5-15 respectively. Stuckey missed a couple layups in the end that hurt and he scored 10 pts on 4-12 shooting. He looked like he was pressing in the second qtr and then looked good to close the third. Maybe the 27 minutes was a bit much for his comeback.

With tomorrows game being a must win vs the 0 for 2011 Cavs, Q must have been saving Rip for that game.

No Wilcox tonight...but we got a chance to see first hand the difference between 6"7 Du Juan Blair and 6'7 Jason Maxiel ~~ Blair 18-12, Max 2-2

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I wonder what Rip testing his groin consisted of.

What bad luck after just recovery from that stomach ailment.

17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Define well. We had our worst defensive quarter in the fourth where Bynum was in the whole quarter. Bynum did score points, but did not get the rest of the team involved. The game was won in the last few minutes, where Bynum did nothing save a meaningless pretty much uncontested layup in the last minute after SA already had the game won.

If you truly believe Bynum is better than TMAC, maybe you should start suggesting he should start. Me, I'll take TMAC - and believe he should have played the last five to 6 minutes of this game, not Bynum. Kuester has to learn when enough is enough for one on one play. We need team play to finish out games, cause the rest of the league will do that when it counts - play as a team.

18. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Has Bynum ever once strung together successive good games? He'll have the really good game every now and then, but his other games are usually pretty bad. There's no middle ground.

And I just can't stand his "Iverson" style ball.

19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

If Tay and the rest were shooting sub .333 - WTF
    I still think Rip testing his groin was the most interesting note tonite.
    Now when "Winters Bone" [I was gonna say came out] premiered, I didn't think anything stupid. But then I watched SNL. They were all over it.
    ---
    But think of it, SA Spurs and Pistons have so much in common JD needs to be fired.
    Hold on to those 50 win seasons.

20. BillLaimbeer

In the postgame, Tay said that "Bynum played excellent" and that "Bynum was the only reason they were in the game since everyone else was struggling."

I like TMac as the PG and Bynum is fine as a backup PG as long as his role is defined. Most nights, I'd prefer TMac (3-for-10) closing, but when any player is on fire like Bynum (9-for-13) was tonight, you have to ride him as long as you can.