vs Sacramento Kings Wednesday February 10 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'February 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

My sentiments exactly. A couple of wins against the Nets and people started talking about making a run at the playoffs. It ain't the clueless rookie coach that is holding this team back. Pull the trigger, Joe D.

2. max

max All-Star

Only thing you can rely on this year is the teams unreliability.

3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I like the fact that some guys (Rip, Tay, Maxiel, etc.) are having a few good games to increase their trade value, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if the Pistons lost the remainder of their games this season.

4. Brap

Brap Starter

Tay and Maxiell are being very timely in performing well. Coming up on the trade deadline in 1 week, my guess is that GM's see each of them as guys who could really help their contending teams. I'm wondering now if we should be wanting to hold onto him for our own use in the next few seasons. Still, I hate his contract and I'm suspicious about how inconsistent he has been for us.

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

If Maxiell plays this way, he deserves his contract. With Wilcox and Kwame likely gone by next year, and Wallace's future in doubt, I think Maxiell is going to stick around.

There is no way we go into the offseason with only Charlie Villanueva and JJ up front.

6. Brap

Brap Starter

We won't - we'll also have Daye and Summers in the mix, and for sure we'll be adding at least one other player to the mix, via trade, free agency, and most likely with our high draft pick, unless we luck into Wall or Turner (in which case, we'll be looking to trade Gordon and/or Bynum I'd guess).

7. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Is everybody sold on Will "gonna-get-mine" Bynum as our back up PG?

8. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm not convinced that Wall is going to be at the level of Evans and Rose. I just dont feel that his game will translate as well as the two of them.

9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I could care less about Wall, Riddle me this Batman: Will Rodney Stuckey be as good as Evans or Rose?

And yes, Ben Gordon is frustrated, and he should be for a variety of reasons. There are not enough minutes for 4 guards and Tay, there just isn't, especially when the coach is giving Stuckey too many mins. Yeah Ernie - I know, he should be able to play 38-40mpg, but the reality is, HE CAN'T! Too heavy and too out of shape. There are 2 players that need to be shipped out of town and at this point I don't care who goes.

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm sold.

Also sold on Ben Wallace, Jonas, and Maxiell.

Almost sold on Stuckey. When factoring his contract into the equation, I'm totally cool with seeing how good he can be before we come to a decision point.

Big learning curves with PG's, especially when they are SG's forced to adapt. Even though I think CB was a different player, he's a very good example of a combo guard with a good attitude who took a while (and a certain coach) to put it all together.

11. Brap

Brap Starter

Stuckey works too hard at both ends of the court, and in his willingness to bang with bigger players as a rebounder, or when he's switched onto someone who's bigger and attempting to bully him in the post. Evans last night found that out the very hard way -- he had nothing going against Stuckey. But, the way Stuck plays, he's getting too many minutes in too many games to not be relatively out of gas down the stretch of games.

Maybe next season and the successive years will see Stuckey not only improving in the areas of the game like shooting and running the team, that we're hoping and expecting a young player with talent like him will improve in, but in his conditioning as well. He's in good shape, but maybe he'll come back next season in Rip shape.

12. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

I think Stuck takes the biggest pounding of any of our players. Some of it initiated by him but he takes a pounding from the opposition. That can take it's toll on a player. It is up to the coach to realize that this is his style of play and adjust his minutes accordingly. I hope this happens after the break with our roster back to full strength.

13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Do you think Gordon simply signed for the most $$ and now regrets it?

14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

His body language last night leads me to believe so.

15. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

No. He'd be fine on this team if we didn't sign Gordon to fill that 6th man role off the bench, but we have too many guards that don't compliment each other and not enough minutes to go around.

Joe should let Bynum go in the offseason. It's not worth tying up more money in yet another guard.

On a game related note, Bynum continues to get attacked by whoever the other team forces him to guard. Man, Udrih was just making him look silly last night. It was almost embarrassing how badly he was schooling Bynum.

16. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

His coach is convinced. His coach also happened to coach the other two and Calipari is already on record for saying that Wall is further ahead on the learning curve than Rose/Evans were at this time.

17. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

:nod:

Yup. It's every night too.

18. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Man, I hated the way the game ended with Rip seemingly not trying all that hard to hit those shots. Bad shooting game from him. If we had lost while Stuckey was trying to bust a move inside, that I could accept. As it was, its kind of hard to argue with anyone if they think the Pistons are tanking on purpose. Lots of good effort in the game from lots of players. Bad ending. PS, it only takes a key player or two to tank a game. I am not saying that is what happened, its just my impression, nothing more.

Again, we played lots of small ball, and it was of no help at all. The best stretch for us was mid 1st were we did a 12-0 run. Note, that was with a small forward in the game.

Another case of either CV or Gordon giving us zilch. This time Gordon layed the egg.

Tay definitely has his shot back, no doubt. But small forward, by coach's decision, remains a weak point, as he does not play a small forward when Tay sits.

I do like JJ, but hey, we just won some games with Ben Wallace and JMAX teaming up at the end of the games to play some serious D. Why not use what works? JJ could actually play some small forward, where he has done quite well this season.

Typical bad coaching. Questionable ending to the game. Back to the bad coaching. So what did it get us to give Bynum, Rip, Stuckey,and Gordon all those minutes? Lots of poor shooting. Poor team play when 3 guards are in.

Long as Kuester just does not mind being a loser, I guess it does not matter. Keep everyone happy. Keeping losers happy. I guess that is what a loser does.

19. hitafreethrow

I'm not buying anything Calipari says about Wall. There is alot of fluff going around about the two of them, and I honestly do not have any backing to suggest what is really going on. Attitude is what strikes me. Attitude.

20. hitafreethrow

There was a great shot at the end of the game, with Max lounging on the bench, and JJ getting up to play the four position. Tay was playing well, so I dont think JJ should have been in for Tay, so I'm not quite sure how else to finish the game last night...but Max's D has been a strong point for the last 15 games or so.