vs Sacramento Kings Saturday January 15 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'January 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons vs Sacramento Kings

Saturday January 15

7:30 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit Plus

Nat'l TV:

Radio: WWJ 950 AM

Chat is open!!!!

http://www.pistonsforum.com/playoff-chat/

:)
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

3. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Monroe vs Cousins and a "must-win" for both teams. With everyone home watching this Georgia Dome better prepare for a lot of empty seats.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

HUGE game. Go Stones!

Unfortunately, I'm getting dragged to the opera. Better go drink a Mt Dew so that I don't bonk in the 2nd act.
  5. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

As an impresario, sit quietly on your aria, and don't get excited over your trouser role...:)
  6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Bummer, we could have met up at halftime. But I get hives if I have to sit through G&S so we bailed this time for a nice dinner instead.
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons give up 36 pts in the first qtr to the Kings...the third worst team in the league record wise:yellowprison: I beleive we are the 6th worst...but still..somebody has to step up and cut off the lane..
  8. copper

copper Bench Warmer

our back court cant keep their men outta the lane and that puts alot of pressure on our bigs. Bad news to see tmac tweek his ankle. He played 36 minutes last night and might be a little stiff
  9. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Im not sure anybody knows who they have on defense right now, everyone is looking at each other every time a king scores a wide open dunk/layup/uncontested shot
  10. LA Dre

Shootout in process 70-59 Kings

The bad D continues as the Kings put up 70 in the first half shooting nearly 70% at a 69.8. clip.

The Pistons aren't doing to bad themselves on offense shooting 60% from the floor and scoring 59 points.

The question is which team will cool off first.

The Pistons have no answer for Jason Thompson who is 9 for 10 from the floor with 20 pts.....he only took 2 shots in last night game vs the Knicks and missed both of those and had no points.

Last year rookie of the year and one of my fantasy players, had his best half of the season with 18 pts, 9 assists and 3 steals.

Will Bynum came in for an injured TMac near the end of the first and played the entire second qtr delivering 5 assists and scoring 11. BenG and CV also provided some scoring off the bench with 19 pts between them.

The Defense has to step up in order to get back in this game. The Pistons need to put some hands in the Kings faces when shooting and maybe Q needs to drop Max into the lineup for a few minutes to see if he can stop the inside penetration and limit the points in the paint.
  11. LA Dre

Great Defensive stand by the Pistons in the 3rd....holding the Kings to only 10 pts...as the Pistons end the qtr leading 82-80.
  12. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Where is T-Mac?
  13. LA Dre

Got injured in the 1st qtr.... came down on his leg a little harder than usual, and did not come back in. Arne molested his leg for awhile with the banana juice, but they decided to leave him out of the second half...
  14. LA Dre

One of the best second half games of the season for the Pistons. After allowing a season high 70 pts to the Kings in the first half, the defense played up to par and held the Kings to 10 in the third and caused a number of Kings turnovers in crunch time to win this one in the 4th.

I am giving tonight's game ball to Will Bynum who led the bench mob in scoring with 18 pts and 7 dimes. He stepped up with TMac down and controlled the game. Last years Free Agents gave us 16 a piece and Stuckey played well delivering key buckets down the stretch.

The team shot 56% from the floor as everyone with the exception of Wilcox shot better than 50%.

Good win vs a team that they are supposed to beat.....and two wins in a row without some guy with a face mask:rip:
  15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Also, two consecutive good games by Will Bynum.
  16. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Guys seem to be settling into roles. Im glad with the way stuckey is responding to his new role. Will really upped the energy and greg monroe was stellar at trapping the pg on the high p&r. Caused a mess there tonight with at least 1 strip. Daye needs to stop his pump fake and drives to the hole, he is getting a little outta control and his game just isnt there yet. He is currenly one of best spot up shooters and needs to nurture that role before he tries to expand his game to slasher..wilcox and monroe really established a presence interior rebounding and locked down the paint in the second half. But I LOVED big willy with the nofly zone help out block. when everyone was helping each other out and rotating on defense they were gettin into passing lanes and really disruptive.
  17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

1. Props to Rodney Stuckey for playing some GREAT basketball tonight, especially in the 4th qtr
    2. Props to Will Bynum who finally found his game and got the best of Beno Udrih
    3. Tayshaun was steady
    4. Smooth and Steady Greg Monroe outplayed the overly volatile Demarcus Cousins. It's obvious who's the better talent, not so obvious who'll end up the better player in the long run.
    5. Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva finally earned their paychecks in the same game.
    6. Austin Daye needs to get it together, he's been a dud the last 3 and a half games. The kid must learn how to have an impact on the game, but if GM can learn, so can Austin.

Folks don't take this win for granted, The Kings came into this game flying high off of a nice win in the Garden and they're were still feeling the positive effects of the game in the first half tonight. The Kings are similiar to us, plenty of talent, very little direction or cohesiveness, but they're capable of beating anybody on any given night, just ask Denver.

Stuckey was VERY GOOD TONIGHT, 2Tough4You and Brap got plenty of Rodney Stuckey ammunition tonight. He played under control, only 2 collisions, but hey- what's a Piston game without a few crashes courtesy of the Super Collider. One thing is for certain, the plan is to keep Rodney off the point as much as possible, Greg Kelser stated tonight that he thinks that with Rodney no longer having to run the team from the point, it's actually freed him up and is making him a better and more efficient player.

Did any of us expect T-Mac to make it through tonights game, the 2nd game of a back-2-back where he played 36 minutes the night before. Dude is as fragile as carton of eggs, but I still want him starting at the point.
  18. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Some good coaching. Somehow, Kuester managed to get his players to play defense in the 2nd half. (Then again, why could he not get them to play D in the first half? Is team turmoil maybe getting it together?)

Two games in a row, first time this year. Doubt we are that far out of the playoffs.

Bynum playing. They really only managed to burn us once for him being on the floor. No, I would not suggest against a really good team Bynum play a lot. Don't read too much into one game vs. a poor defensive team. For the most part, Bynum should not play. When he does play, on a rare occasion, the other team won't have plays designed to exploit him. Still, Bynum had a decent game tonight - particulary in the 2nd half. (First half - hey, Bynum did score - but the Kings were virtually never stopped with Bynum on the floor.)

At first, they said TMAC would return, just a minor injury to his chin. But then, without further comment, they announced he would not return. Hope he is good for the Dallas game.

Stuckey does seem to have an extra step going to the basket when he is not burdened with the point guard chores. Refreshing to see, when we needed two points late, Stuckey busting it to the basket for a score.

Gordon has his shot going. I am sure a lot of people were wondering when we would put that hot shooting back in to end the game. Never did. Worked out just fine.

Tay still has a backup. No more forcing our guards to act as small forwards. The rotation of Prince and Daye looks great, especially on the defensive end. Prince I think led us in scoring, and that included some clutch shots. Good to see Tay have it in the tank when it matters.

We did play just a bit of small ball, due to foul trouble with Wilcox, and what with Ben Wallace having an injury and JMAX being held out of the rotation. But it was fairly brief - Tay / Daye playing the forward spots. Mostly, we played tall enough. And our starting unit, with Stuckey the shortest guy out there, ain't too shabby in the height department.

Monroe looks a ton better from the beginning of the season when his shot was getting blocked so much. Now, he is confident and very capable of scoring the ball. And he uses those long arms to good effect on the defensive end. He even hit a jumper, what, maybe 18 feet worth, just to show how rounded a player he is. (And the heads up play for an assist to Stuckey) He definitely compared favorably tonight to Cousins, especially in the basketball smarts department.

CV was part of the problem in the first half, but he, along with everyone else, stepped up the D in the 2nd half. CV scored plenty of important hoops for us tonight.

Wilcox looked fine - just not in the game enough due to constant foul trouble. But he was in there, picking up fouls 4, 5, and 6, as we won this one in the 4th quarter after getting that lead in the 3rd.

I missed doing reports on the last two games due to health problems. Not 100% yet but much better. Everyone have a great night.

Quick comment on the proposed trade: Who are we going to sit now if we bring in another power forward? Murphy can rebound. I would probably be all for him replacing CV in the rotation. But hey, really, if that were to happen - then why not just trade CV. Don't like the trade.

GO PISTONS!!!!!
  19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Hope you feel better soon my Piston compadre!

Ben Wallace. Right now we're playing a 3 big rotation, and we both know that Wilcox is liable to go down at any moment with any injury, CV is pure garbage when his offense isn't going, he's a guy whose defense is predicated on how well he's playing offensively. Max is too big of an offensive liability these days. There is room for Murphy, keeps a GREAT 3pt shooter on the floor who can really crash the boards. Hopefully Ben will accept a lesser role, I doubt it though, seems as if Ben is having trouble accepting Rip's DNP's, heaven only knows how he'll react when he's the victim of DNP-CD's.
  20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Thanks for the get well wishes. Nothing important - actually the pain meds just made me too sleepy to pay much attention to anything - or even stay awake for that matter. I over aggravated my sciatic nerve by doing sciatic nerve stretches too aggressively. I don't recommend anyone try this - way too much pain involved. Basically, you are suppose to do these stretches gently, and hold them for like 15 seconds. Being overweight, I thought I had to put more effort into pulling my knee back. Nope. You still use no great force doing these sciatic nerve stretches, and now I know the hard way.

As for basketball. Your response is pretty much what I expected. Murphy is certainly not too old, and basically could have his best years yet with us if we get him. If Wilcox can stay healthy, a three big rotation of Murphy, Monroe, and Wilcox would leave us with everything but one thing - good solid toughness inside on D. For that, we would have both Big Ben and JMAX to play as needed to provide this. CV would be around I suppose as a spare big too. 7 bigs dressed? That leaves 5 spots left - Bynum, Gordon, Stuckey, TMAC, Tay, and Daye make 6. Gee, if JJ comes back, we could have 14 guys deserving some minutes. Not a bad problem to have.

However, to win games, we need more guys like Rip on D, not guys like Bynum. I would rather see Rip stay in the rotation, leaving Bynum as an emergency guard. CV, for a guy like Murphy, makes more sense to me. Rip's expiring will be worth gold soon enough - provided they have a season next year of course.