vs Portland Trailblazers Sunday February 13 6:00 pm

Discussion in 'February 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I stand corrected...46% of the time.
  2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Sorry, you missed that. Humor.
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I agree. Kuester was managing the game as if he was trying to make a point or send a message. To me, the bench was doing fine, but it's not like they were outplaying the starters. If anything, he should have been worried about dead legs toward the end of the quarter. Maybe he figured that they were all getting a lot of rest during Aldridge's repeated trips to the line.

I would have subbed back in Stuckey, Tay, and TMac at least. Keep either Bynum or Gordon in the game and either keep Wilcox in or sub in Ben Wallace. Aldridge was shooting over BW, but at least he was earning those points.

Villanueva was putting up some short bricks in the 4th quarter. Had to at least yank him. Ben Gordon seemed to be heating up in the 4th, so you'd have to consider leaving him in there when we were down a few.

Bynum was getting to the glass, but wasn't respecting the Portland shot blockers enough. On two occasions, Aldridge got caught on Bynum and the Pistons recognized it and sort of isolated him. However, as a credit to Aldridge, he came away as the winner twice after playing very solid D. Once he ended up with the ball after WB tried to pump fake and draw the foul and the other time he enforced the no fly zone as WB thought he drove by him. I was very impressed by the entire domination by Aldridge.
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I loathe the players on this team. Bynum is one of the few guys who's got that pit bull mentality. I guess I am glad they lost because they need some chances to get talent on the roster, but I am tired of the pansy ball. Austin Daye might as well wear a dress on the court. I hope the scoreboard falls on him.

That being said Kuester has got to go. He tried to get Thanks Dad to go in to play D. That is not glamorous enough for him. No one pushes Silver Spoon into a corner!!!

Michael Rosenberg: John Kuester might be right, but he's wrong for Pistons | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Crunch-time confusion dooms Pistons | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

CV helped pull even early in the forth. BG tries to hard to penetrate then gets swarmed. He could take 15 footers all nite and kill people or at least open up a cut lane.
  6. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Maybe we should hire Head of Security, Larry Hendon, as the next coach.

Wilcox was giving a good effort last night ...amidst the fouls he was dishing out.
  7. BillLaimbeer

I agree. Wilcox was doing okay out there.

Stuckey should be ashamed of himself for making a mockery of the game.
  8. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

:pound::pound:

I just hope that we play Bynum enough that we can use him as an asset to get someone to take Rip off our hands.

BTW, Daye sounds like one of them Miss America contestants:
  9. BillLaimbeer

10. max

max All-Star

" They got us back into the game" This kind of goes along with the whole theme of the season which seems to be one of jab your main guys when you can.

Got back into what? It was always a close game pretty much. T-Mac and Prince were having decent games. Ben Wallace has the experience and was the only guy half way decent on Aldridge. Its like Q would rather make a point or take a shot at a player rather than win a game.
    Yes Bynum was a nice spark but did he have to take every single dang shot down the stretch? BG was hot but "The ball never came to me again" - in his own words ( or something like that ).

And what was Wilcox doing out there? I was hoping he would foul out just to get him out of there. Have you ever seen someone foul after your own team just drained a long range 2 like he did?

its so frusterating since the Pistons had this one and let it slip away. Hot Aldridge or not they should have won
  11. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's a train wreck and it's not going to get better without some clear direction from the top, and maybe not then.
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

But you can't stop rubber-necking.
  13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Is anyone willing to make the case that Thanks Dad is a better player than Wes Matthews?
  14. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

After reading this thread...Pistons appear to be a complete mess..:stirthepot:
  15. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'll take Wes Matthews.
  16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Winning games has never been, and never will be, a priority of Kuester, as far as I can tell. Anyone think any different give me some evidence of any past success from him.
  17. max

max All-Star

Maybe he is trying to be like LB and give up a game now to get better later in the year. Something is getting lost in translation though because he is just comming across as stubborn and unsure and its not making us any better.
  18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Lee, you're giving Kuester too much credit. I don't think he's sophisticated enough to have his own agenda to pursue with no regard for the outcome of games. I think he's simply incompetent. :)
  19. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

You'd try your darnedest to convince yourself that Kevin Ollie is a better player than Stuckey.

Having said that, Wesley Matthews is a solid player.
  20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star