vs Phoenix Suns Saturday January 22 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'January 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I see Ben is dressed. I wonder if he will play any. But with nobody all that good in there for Ben to address - why?

Tay is getting aggressive out there. Nice to see TMAC hit a three.

(Can't get into chat from my laptop here, so I will just post my comments here.)

Ben Wallace back!!

We got Tay, Daye, and TMAC in at the same time. Small ball kind of since TMAC becomes the defensive power forward. Working fine so far. Gordon and Ben Wallace are the other two in as we go to a timeout.

I saw someone challenge a shot full force. Thought it was Daye - but it was Tay. And the guy missed the shot. Way to pressure those outside shots - full force.

JMAX in with Ben? Can we score - ever?

Bynum, Daye, and Gordon complete the five starting the 2nd quarter. Finally, we score on their turnover.

Looking pretty ugly.

No D from our guards, no way to score unless we get another turnover.

My thoughts? Kuester's way of ensuring we do terrible with CV sitting. Playing CV is another of his high priorities.

4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

They let Daye shoot, and he hits it. Tay just came back in for JMAX. Back to small ball, but at least more chance of scoring next time down.

Bad D by Bynum, lost his guy way too easy, no pick needed.

Gordon nails a three. Bout time.

Daye nails another. Kuester probably wants to pull him quick.

Timeout.

5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Same group in after the timeout. Gordon and Bynum in the backcourt, Ben Wallace, Tay, and Daye up front.

Two good defensive plays by Ben. Daye misses.Carter hits a 3 after very good D played. Oops, Bynum too short, and too late getting out to Nash.

Our starters, for the most part, are getting lots of rest. Just a few minutes to go in the half, and Wilcox, Monroe, Stuckey, and TMAC are all still resting.

Timeout.

6. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Stuckey hits. Most starters back in. Daye is still in though instead of Wilcox.

TMAC inside, dishes to Stuck, nice finish. Then Gortat from the outside - hey is that fair?

Daye to Tay for the jam.

Darn, Stuckey almost had that one.

Stuckey misses. They miss on fast break attempt. Good hustle getting back.

TMAC inside to Monroe, not happening this time, but great effort by TMAC to get that ball inside.

7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Either the Pistons have finally found a defense or teams are playing down to the competition when playing our guys. Third straight game where the offense on both sides has struggled in the first half and the Pistons will have a difficult time of scoring 80 pts let alone 90.

Suns up 38-36 at the half as the second unit which leads the league in scoring has had issues for the third straight game with Bynum (trying) to lead the charge. Stuckey having a terrible game shooting wise going 2-10, but has converted 4-5 from the line.

big ben is back, but between him and Max, they have no points and 1 board.

Now you know how valuable CV's three point shooting is as he is MIA with the ankle injury and our other 3 pt guys Daye and benGo have not stepped up.

8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

38-36 Phoenix at the half. No foul trouble. Nobody overused.

Lots of guys in the rotation, with only Bynum really not able to play any defense. This guy absolutely must still be hurt. Way less mobile than what we saw when he was at his best.

Good defense. Lots of help, with the guy helping knowing that someone is covering his guy with a sharp defensive rotation.

Tay has been our point scorer so far, what little scoring we have so far.

As everyone has known, like forever, TMAC will not shoot the ball on a pullup - just not in his inventory. He will either shoot the ball from the outside, or get to the hoop. To his credit, he is pretty darn good at getting to the hoop - but man, its about time for someone to fill in that huge gap in his game. With his height, if he added the pullup jumper, hey, I won't use the word unstoppable, but I can't actually think of a better one at the moment.

Monroe has quite the knack of getting the offensive rebound and putting back in. Especially in the last few games. Just dreaming, what if he could develop that offensive rebounding thing a bit - and combine that with his ability to score the ball? (Just think if Rodman could ever have developed an around the hoop game. By the way, getting Rodman as a coach, to get people to really, really stay in shape like he did, might be a good idea.)

Stuckey has not been great in this game. Part of that is he appears to be trying to develop his jumper. Ain't working. But he is
    still getting to the hoop.

Bynum has done nothing. The fact that neither Stuckey nor TMAC played along side him though at least means he was fulfilling his function of resting our guards. We have got to find a way to really get this guy out of our rotation. Note to Dumars: if you are going to trade Rip, make sure you get a point guard out of it.

No sign of Rip, nor any mention of him. (Did not watch anything prior to the game starting.)

Well,again, lots of rest for our starters so far. If that means less of Bynum in the 2nd half, it could just possibly be a win.

9. LA Dre

So far the third qtr pace is to slow....as it appears the Pistons are trying to slow the Suns pace, but we are holding the ball to long and forcing up shots with less than 3 seconds on the clock. Need some crisp passing to get some points on the board or this is going to be a low scoring game with the Pistons on the short end with less than 75 pts

10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Prince still hitting shots.

Terrible defense. Hill just waltzes up ignored. Then another poor transition matching up next time down for Phoenix.

Monroe that time, completely lost. Unopposed shot.

Timeout. Yeah, some of this non-sense is a new unit without people knowing their roles yet.

In my opinion, they should put Gordon back in starting, replace Wilcox with someone fully healthy -like Summers or JMAX - and then leave the rotation alone.

Monroe does his thing again.

Carter unopposed shots. Ugly.

9 down

Good play then a Fast break make. Just 5 down. But they get free throws, on yet another good fast break.

Timeout - looking to see if we get a flagrant foul on us.

11. LA Dre

Why do you pass a ball to Big Ben with 3 seconds on the clock:yellowprison: I agree with Kelser you got to move the ball and there is to much one on one with the Piston players... lost the qtr 23-11....to trail 61-47:yellowprison:

With no CV, it seems like it may make since to put in Rip since you can't score..... This coach !@@$^&*

12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I changed my mind. Daye should be starting, not Tay. Daye, I believe, will end up being the better outside shooter. This starting unit just has no steady outside shooter. They are packing it in on us.

Down 12 now.

It was a flagrant on Gordon. Dudley just hit two outside shots. We are not matching up. Ben Wallace with an ugly outside shot.

Daye is in, with Ben and Ben, Stuckey, and Bynum.

Stuckey is our small forward. Getting weird.

Down 14 after 3

13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

With Stuckey not resting, good chance TMAC will come in at some time without Stuckey out there.

By Kuesters usual mode, we will probably see Bynum finish the game as we lose by 25. But maybe Kuester will wake up. Lets hope.

Bynum drives, pulls up, and hits.

Daye just can't get a shot off under the basket. Dudley hits.

Gordon hits. We are still in ultra small ball mode.

Pietrus hits a 3. At least the shot was challenged. Getting toward that time when the game is out of hand.

14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Bynum drives and makes

Daye drives and is fouled. Tay just challenged a shot real well - might have got a piece of it.

Tay has come on for Stuckey. Still small up front.

Another good challenge by Tay, another miss by Phoenix. Tay is fouled and at the line. Nope, not a shooting call. Tay misses, they rebound, but Bynum steals the ball. Gordon is fouled. Makes 1st ft, and 2nd. Down just 8

Daye pokes the ball away. No, it was actually a foul just not called. Still Phoenix. Nash gets fouled, darn, they just had 6 seconds to work with.

Carter makes tough shot.

Bynum drives and misses. Bad pass next play, by Daye

Bynum misses again on a drive. But Tay bounds, drives and scores. Bynum steals, and scores.

Just a 6 point game.

Timeout.

15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

The question on my mind - will TMAC come in now to finish the last 5 minutes?

Daye steals. Daye can't finish the fast break. We rebound. Daye misses. Nash makes an unchallenge shot, off a screen at least. Tay hits, just a 6 point game still. 3 to go. Gortat misses a short jumper.

Daye nails a three. Way to go young fella.

No, Bynum still out there. Still no TMAC. But we are just down 3.

Bynum has definitely stepped it up in the 2nd half on his defense. But he just fouled Nash. Hope we have a foul to give.

16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

2 minutes to go. We are 3 down. They got the ball. Ben boards.

Bynum burns Nash. Sells the drive, pulls up for a 2.

Good challenge by Tay. Daye playing like a whirlwind out there.

And Daye just shot us out in front by 1. We are ahead 71-70

17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

We were down by 15. 20-4 run, all with Bynum in and TMAC, and Stuckey, sitting. Front line, Ben Wallace, Tay, Daye.

Daye plays great D. They miss. 11.9 seconds to go. They foul, but they had a foul to give. We call timeout. Gordon is the other guy out there, not doing anything really, but like all the guys out there, he is playing serious defense.

10 seconds to go, they put Will at the line. The first rattles but goes.

He misses the 2nd, but the rebound goes to Tay. 9 seconds left, and Tay at the line. with us up 2. Tay misses the first, but hits the 2nd.

We are up 3. They must hit a three.

Will we go to some taller defenders to guard that 3 point line. Come on coach, coach.

Heck, get me Rip out there. We already got height in Tay and Daye.

They foul Gortat. Still 8 seconds to go. We had that foul to give so Phoenix still has the ball. I say foul them. Do not give this hot outside shooting team a chance to tie.

Stuckey, dead ball foul. Very bad. Now its a two point game.

They miss a 3. Will Bynum gets the rebound.

If Bynum makes both, its all over. First goes. And 2nd. 3 seconds left. Frye hits a meaningless 3 at the horn. We win by one.

Wow, go Pistons!!!!!

18. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

Great comeback win. We did it mostly with DEFENSE! I loved seeing the defensive effort. Bynum absolutely took over on both ends. Daye came up with some huge buckets at the end as well.

19. LA Dre

pistons close the game on a 17-6 run over the last 6 and half mins to win 75-74 on inspired play by Bynum, Tay, a couple of big buckets by Daye and some good defense led by Big Ben's presence on the floor.

75 pts was enough tonight but just barely as we missed a couple FT's in the end and Stuckey who had a bad shooting night, was almost the goat when grabbed carters jersey with less than 10 seconds and up three. Nash hit a freebie and then Frye missed a possible game winning three before Bynum grabbed the rebound got fouled and hit two freebies to go up 4 and probably put it away. The only thing I didn't understand was big Ben flying at Frye as he hit the three with no time on the clock?? With the Pistons lack of luck, the ref could have called a foul there................

Good defense in the 4th qtr and a good win for the Saturday night crowd after two low scoring losses.

20. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Great comeback led by Will. The Stuckey jersey grab and Ben playing D on the desperation 3 at the end had me concerned.