vs Philadelphia 76ers Sunday November 8 1:00 pm

Discussion in 'November 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 2, 2009.

1. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I dont like your attitude son.
  2. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good win. 51 boards with 21 being offensive.

Bynum was 2 points, 2 boards and 2 assists away from a triple-double.

Didn't see the game but its interesting that Daye played 14 minutes and didn't register a single stat in any category other than points. Can someone provide a review of what he was doing out there? No rebounds when the team had 51. Not even a foul? :)
  3. fwoompf

fwoompf First Round Draft Pick

I enjoyed seeing this game on TV, it was the first one I've been able to see since the first one.

This team is wacky but I like watching them, I'm never really sure what's going to happen. I love Ben Gordon too. With Tayshaun out, why hasn't Summers played any spot minutes yet? Seems like as good a reason as any to get his feet wet. is he hurt?
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

On offense, Daye mostly stands in the corner, ala Tay. When his man leaves to help, he drives baseline, which occasionally leads to some easy hoops.
  5. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    That's pretty descriptive, Bill. Thanks.
    Has he learned to palm the ball for 20 seconds?
  6. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

not yet but point forward skills are already there: he brought ball up once, all this ended up in ugly fashion.

:yellowprison:
  7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

This was a good win, and I think this a good coach. Everybody who played made a solid contribution towards this win and that's a good thing to see. Would like to see the guards do a better job of taking care of the ball, I would also like to see Stuckey get the benefit of the whistle once in a blue moon. Still need a PG! Still Say Charlie is better suited coming of the pine - so we could still use a legit PF! No team has yet to punish us for going with the small 3 guard lineup...........Watching Ben Gordon is SUPER-FUN!! That dude makes some impossible shots!
  8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

daye is definitely always looking for his shot, and rather than going for defensive boards he was sprinting down the floor looking for easy buckets (hopefully he'll learn to pick his spots on when to do that). but, he was playing pretty good man defense and forcing tough shots as well.

it was a fun game to be at ... decent crowd that got into the game, despite a ton of empty seats.
  9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Good, we need a gunner on the weakside wing, and he seems to move to the open spots on the floor pretty well, he finished in traffic a few time too, he's skinny, but he's a basketball player, you can tell he's the son of a baller. Nice looking form on that "J" too, I can definitely see him shooting over 40% from the arc eventually.
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Back home now, so I am gonna watch the game sometime tomorrow morning to see how the boyz did. Don't like to watch tapes of Pistons losses, but love seeing wins whether taped or live...(we love you to Roscoe:MusicBigGrin:)
  11. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nice. The Sixers don't have it together yet, but they ain't chopped liver.

I've been pleasantly surprised by Gordon. He's not forcing anything and hasn't been the defensive liability he was in Chicago.

Jerebko is for real. David Lee with some defensive chops? I just hope no one thinks to start Rip at the three when he returns.

Even holding Ben out, the team seems to be rebounding better. They are losing far fewer boards to each other.

I wonder if running the first couple of plays every game to CV might help to get him in the mood to play.
  12. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

Dunno if even that would work. But it was nice to see him working the post and demanding the ball (and then delivering) in the final minutes of the game yesterday. I hadn't seen that sort of assertiveness from him so far. But to be honest, I've only seen him for brief spells.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

In only 28 minutes too!
  14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I liked this as well. Even in a worse case scenario it keeps Stuckey out of shoot first mode.

Winnin' ugly!
  15. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Great win. I was able to watch most of second half over LP broadband, but the darn thing crashed with 1:20 to go. :yellowprison:

This team is clicking. Each guy plays with purpose and they never give up. That's a testament to the coach. Big test for him coming up soon going up against his mentor.

The defense is a very pleasant surprise so far. Big Ben is a monster. He plays the game with a passion I haven't seen since he left for Chicago. He is a key part of why we're better than expected defensively.

CV is finally showing his offensive game. I like the determination and hustle he shows on offensive. Now, if he can carry some of that to the other side of the court...

Then again, he picked a good role model (source)
    Finally, I was impressed with JJ. He cleaned up a few scraps on the offensive glass. You can see that he's still not fully adjusted to the NBA, but he plays with passion, does all "the little things", and he seems to have a knack for getting under people's skins.
  16. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I'm Loving what Ben Wallace bring to Detroit this year..

Nice game from Bynum, BG , CV, Jerebko and Daye too.

Congratulations Kuester.

Thank you Big Ben
  17. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Near the end of the game when the Pistons needed a hoop to ice it, Kuester walked towards halfcourt, got Stuckey's attention, and shouted "two chest". Bengo starts out at the free throw line and runs a big looping circle counter clockwise around the court, takes the pass, and calmly drops in the shot. Nice.

You do have to wonder though how dumb Phillly must be not to be able to stop that play even knowing it was coming. It's not exactly a new addition to the playbook.
  18. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I didn't happen to see that particular play...

Did Kuester happen to twitch when he called for that one? :twitch:
  19. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

OLDSKOOLHQ'S BLACKBOARD:

- nO WAY BBBben was gonna have 2 stinkers in a row. Why cant MORE talented players have HIS heart?

- Sixers are the most plastic team in the league. How do they even win?

- Elton Brand looks great. Too bad he's toast as a player.

- Stuckey 5 for 15FGs...again

- Wallace could had 20 rebs. He gave 4 to Bynum alone.

- Are we a half court team..again? Just to mask our defensive issues?

- Daye and JJ : 8 of 12FG;s, 0 of 6 3 pointers..get in the pain , youngens!

- Not caring as much about WINS as I am about PLAYING WELL. (I say that hoping the LIONS are reading)
  20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

If we had a player like Bengo during those ECF's runs, the team would've had multiple rings. Deep into the playoffs you need a player who can get his shot even when the whole building and TV viewing audience knows where the ball is going, every champion has at least one, Kobe, Pierce, Wade, Ginobli, Duncan, Zeke. What made us so special was that the Pistons won without a player like that, but down the road we could no longer get over the hump because we lacked a player like that.