vs Philadelphia 76ers Saturday January 8 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'January 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Fun game to watch. Philly just kept hitting every open mid range shot it seemed. Was frustrating, but then we actually came through in the clutch with a spectacular shot by AD!
  2. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Credit to Q for sticking with Daye and Monroe in OT. I'm glad he didn't just revert to the starters or vets which would have been the path of least resistance. Good for him, good for the young guys and good for us that we got the win! :)
  3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Fun game to watch between 2 similar teams who are both eying low playoff spots. Man as time goes on Monroe keeps making a fool out of me, ah well, I'm glad to be wrong! T-Mac and Tay are locks down the stretch, both are smart and very versatile defensively and we get great rebounding from the 2 and 3 positions. As Lee pointed out earlier, Stuckey+TMac=NO BYNUM, great! speaking of Stuckey, the kid came out like gangbusters! He looked like he wanted to prove he deserved to be the starting PG, but as usual he faded after the first qtr, but hey if he starts and gets this team off to a good start, then I have no problem with that, I applaud him!

The only thing keeping me from spewing profanities about Ben Gordon is the Forum Rules and Guidelines; and the fact that Gordon has shown that his game is on track in the absence of Rip ......... I'll tell you this, right now it's a no brainer that I'd take on Petro's contract (to get rid of Rip) and while I wouldn't give up our 1st rd pick (to get rid of Rip), I'd give up our 2nd rdr (to get rid of Rip).
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

A tough win in the grand scheme of things. Lou Williams with the double deuce, missing the FT's and getting caught on the screen that left Daye open or the tying 3. I guess you can't lose them all.

Tay hit some really tough and big shots in the 4th. I look forward to the Stuckey supporters discrediting his play somehow.

3 3 pointers and 7 rebounds for #3! He was routinely horrible though.

Monroe is looking good although I think his limitations inflate his stats a little. I like seeing him dunk inside. I'd like to start seeing him take that top of the key jumper.

I was really impressed with the spacing and passing of Illy's offense.

What a selfish T by Ben Wallace in the 4th. 2 point game, closing minutes, placing himself above the team, oh well, whatever, nevermind.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It was pretty funny that Daye was obviously option #5 on that game tying shot and he drilled it with perfect form. You could hear the mic on Q in the huddle on the broadcast and he seemed to be drawing the play up for Tay... which would have resulted in a sidewinding miss. Was glad to see Daye come through after being out of the rotation for a while. Tay seems to like having him around... maybe he take pride in tutoring the guy who has his same body type.
  6. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I'm hoping that deal will evolve into a second rounder.

I really enjoyed watching last night's game. If we can make a deal this will be a fun team to watch. Monroe, Tay, Daye, T-Mac a good mix of young and old.
  7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Stuck record here. When Tay allows a backup to play - giving Tay proper rest - Tay has his best games. Tay ought to love having Daye around.
  8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Austin Daye's Tweet before the game: "Had a good nap headed to the palace big game tonight against the 76ers!!! Game Time"

You can never underestimate the effects of a good nap....
  9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Tell that to Walter Sharpe.
  10. Brap

Brap Starter

....nice
  11. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Great game, but one bizarre thing that happened at the very end when we were up by 1 in OT with seconds to go and were inbounding the ball. Q all of a sudden subbed in Rip who had not played in OT at all. Rip just stood by the Detroit bench, didn't even get involved in the play with a huge smirk on his face all the way at the other end of the court. A Philly player eventually came and stood next to him and it was a 4-on-4 play which resulted in Stuckey getting fouled and hitting both to seal the victory. But the whole thing was really bizarre.
  12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

It was almost a VERY smart play, Philly didn't Rip was down there until the very last minute.
  13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yea, but he was 90 feet from the hoop and we needed a 3-pointer.
  14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I laughed when I noticed Stuckey hugging a Philly player before the game started.
  15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We were up 110-109 with only 7.5 seconds left, so the issue was to have Rip stand down there by himself ..pass the ball down to him and let him dribble out the clock before anyone figured out was going and tried to foul him.
  16. copper

copper Bench Warmer

exactly..
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The risk is that Rip would have instinctually bolted toward the nearest basket and scored.
  18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:MusicBigGrin::pound: