1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

vs Orlando Magic Friday December 3 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'December 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

He's a combo guard, he'd make on helluva weapon to bring off the bench for 25mpg (that's about how many good minutes Stuck is capable of). With that said Stuckey made some great PG plays tonight kicking the ball out to open shooters, I was impressed, although he really struggles fighting through and/or around picks and screens, he's so big and bulky that he's easy to hit.

2. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Undersized Bass had a field day against the Piston front line. The personnel is just not there on the Pistons. Better to face the reality. This is a major rebuild project without an obvious anchor to rebuild on. The Orlando team, without many of their key guys, still outmanned the Pistons.

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

One good thing about Stuck is that he really doesn't turn the ball over much. When he moves over to the SG spot in the future, he'll probably be the least turnover prone 2 guard in the league... especially from ball handling turnovers.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Sounds like Dumars is leaving the team in the condition he found it.

5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Double checked my observation on TMAC helping Prince score. Did not happen. Daye played along side TMAC in the first half, not Prince. In all, Prince only got 5 of his 30 points playing along side TMAC.

6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I caught wind of the Magic players being out before I sat down to watch the game on my DVR. It immediately lessened my excitement towards the game (if that was possible). I then started inadvertently catching the scores from the 3rd and 4th Q while watching the Celtics v Bulls on ESPN and couldn't believe it what I was seeing.

I expected it to be worse than it turned out being because I hadn't realized the Pistons were in it early. It still has to be a low water mark for the team since Billups was traded (I consider this to be the birth of the new, exciting and versatile Pistons.).

I honestly think I would take the Magic's roster minus 1/2 their rotation over the Pistons.

Folks are dwelling on Bass and VC going off, but Quentin Richardson did a number on them also.

Playing T-Mac at the 1 at least got Gordon some shots and Daye some time.

How much worse would the Pistons be if they held on to their cap space and never signed Gordon and the Team MVP CCG?

I was worried that Team MVP was going to separate his shoulder trying to guard Bass last night.

7. Ernie the Slow Adult

I forgot to mention that in 2 minutes more of play Runnin' Rod Stuckey out-rebounded that young stallion Chris Duhon 3 to 2!!!!

A play of note last night. Rookie C Greg Monroe fought for a rebound in the 2nd Q and dove out of bounds Primo Brezac style to save possession for the Pistons. He was on the court with the 3 members of the Dining We're Not Going to be Part of the Problem Bunch Gordon, Daye, CCG and also T-Mac. Not one of them came over to offer him a hand up off the ground after his hustle.

The Pistons have many problems and chemistry is certainly one of them. I said it when the last blowup with Tay happened that this (rotten) new "core" that Brap speaks of wants to be the leaders of the team without earning it. That play last night shows it is a lot easier to point fingers instead of looking in the mirror. Why ask of yourself what you can ask of others?

Watching the C's v Bulls last night and you're not going to believe but KG got in some post whistle altercation with Noah. (Noah initiated this one after KG started about 3 or 4 others earlier.) A double T was called and Rondo went over and got in between KG and Noah and started barking at KG to cool it. KG started animatedly defending himself and Rondo persisted. KG stopped. Rondo is a leader.

I get the feeling that we'd be saying that the Pistons need to get rid of KG because he was stunting Silver Spoons growth and making it impossible for him to lead.

8. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

We probably would if he was as bad and whiny as Tay.

9. Ernie the Slow Adult

So far they've only needed to get rid of Sheed, Dyess, AI, Rip and Tay so Stuckey can assume leadership while conversely complaining that there is no one who can defend or score on the current team.

10. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

11. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

leaders lead..... period

if you have to get rid of folks for someone to be a leader there not a leader.

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I wonder if we were short handed say Stuckey, Tay and Ben for a game, would we win??

Tay has been fantastic the last couple of games and Rip has hit a couple of threes each game, but these guys will be better if they came off the bench IMO and let Bengo and Daye start like they did when we almost won those first 4 games....both scored more and the Pistons were scoring better.

13. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I don't think it matters how many guys we get rid of since I don't see any leadership qualities in anyone except the guy who couldn't win a playoff series when he was one of the best players in the league. On the other hand, my ability to evaluate leadership qualities is as limited as Air Monroes hangtime and my whereabouts is about a gazillion miles from the club. I just want the veterans gone so the guys who might be pieces in a future team gets more floor time.

14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Some of these guys like Rip, Tay, and others, have nice moments on the offensive end, but if you watch closely, they take plays off on the defensive end, and don't even box out on many shots.

That's why I would like to see these vets moved sooner than later. If you watch the young guys like Daye and Monroe (especially Jerebko last season), they give it 100% on both ends.

15. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

He is still searching. Me too. It looks like JD has found two small components within his searching pattern and both deal with coaching/management togetherness:
    1. He has found someone who gives a worse interview than him. No broad conception is expressed and the lack of definitive understanding that might perceive what went wrong.
    2. Picking up this latter point of what went wrong. Can the coach get out of his 8th grade explanation in answering questions. Why don't you take some leadership. Climb up a few levels and start with a small reaction (go ahead a summarize a player-for-player opposing player approach) and take this off-reaction in explaining the first quarter...then the second. Then...what was your approach to start the second half. Give us some clues on you think and how you want your players to respond. This might help us understand that your searching for the right mix isn't some experiment of stirring the pot of distilled water and then exclaiming, in the end, that there were some small waves of surface movement.

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We would get slaughtered rather than just pummelled.