vs New York Knicks Sunday November 28 1:30 pm

Discussion in 'November 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. linwood

linwood All-Star

Oh snap!

Whatever. What have the Knicks done that's so great?
  2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

That's why I question his conditioning. Stuckey is BIG and carries a lot of weight on that frame (I still think he could stand to play at even smaller weight), he comes out like gang busters in the 1st qtr and then fades out as the game goes along and almost completely disappears (on both ends) in the fourth. If Stuckey could do in the 4th qtr what he does in the 1st qtr he'd be special.

Small ball didn't hurt us, those rebounds were gotten by their GUARDS, Ben Gordon at the 2 hurt us. I knew when he came in it was over. T-Mac didn't score down the stretch but he was always in defensive position, challenged shots around the rim and rebounded well. Rip, Tay, and Gordon are all small-small ball players. Rip/Tay upfront equal disaster (especially with under sized SG in Ben Gordon), T-Mac/Tay upfront ain't too shabby, especially with a 6'7" SG and a 6'5" PG.
  3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

How can we be short bigs when Monroe played short minutes, and JMAX half of that again? It ain't a shortage of bigs just because your coach does not play them. Change coaches, and all the sudden there is no problem.

We have two centers, JMAX and Ben Wallace. What a concept to simply play one at a timre - always keeping a center in the game? Kuester has not tried this?

We have a pair of power forwards - CV and Monroe, who really ain't that bad - but again, keeping one in the game at all times - has not been tried by this coach. No common sense is coming from this coach.
  4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

A 2nd unit of Rip, TMAC, Tay, CV, and Ben Wallace

might work better. Similar to what you propose - but 1) Ben Wallace gives you strength at the basket. 2)Tay helps TMAC with the ball handling chores. 3) Rip is a better guard of points than Gordon. 4)Ben Wallace is getting older - good time to put him off the bench

And this leaves, for our starters:

Stuckey, Gordon, Daye, Monroe, JMAX

Now, Stuckey, Gordon, Daye, and JMAX have all started games for us, and there is a lot of popularity in the idea of starting Monroe, our 7th pick from this last draft. So the idea is not that farfetched really.

Only thing is, it would work - and that is something Kuester seems to be alergic to.

Gee, going younger, looking to the future, and having a starting unit that can fast break. What a concept. JMAX provides the strength inside, Monroe the rebounding. Gordon does the outside shooting to spread their defense. Daye adds some rebounding, and another 3 point shooter to spread their defense. JMAX and Monroe give some inside post presence that Stuckey can work off of.

A young, balanced starting unit - and one heck of a 2nd unit. I like it. Now, someone tell Kuester there is a way to balance his rotation, always having all the bases covered.
  5. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Only the third game I've seen this season, but nearly the third win I've seen. It was a fun game to watch until the end.

Prince - went gonzo yesterday, but has quietly been having a pretty decent season.

Stuckey - went all super collider in the fourth quarter and got blocked again and again.

Bynum - please, sit him, and put T-Mac or Gordon at the point while Stuckey is out.

Diappearing guards - how can Ben Gordon play over eleven minutes of basketball in crunch time and only get one shot? And Rip gets to shoot one for eight in the same time?

Amar'e - Certainly the best game I've ever seen him play.

Three Defense - sucked. Ben jumping out on the point guard, which he did over and over, led to Amar'e rolling down the lane and a pass out to an open three shooter nearly every time. Trapping the point guard outside the three point circle against a team that can rain threes seems kind of dumb.
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I am disgusted and dispirited with this team and it's relentless, hell-bent pursuit of mediocrity and .500 ball. It took me until 8PM MT to turn the game on.

Sitting around talking about TMac and his 15 minutes of brilliance misses the point. He is useless here unless he is going to have some type of Barry Bonds sustained resurgence in his 30's.

Daye got 7minutes!!! I can't wait until a few more years pass and they're still waiting for him to either put on 40 lbs or figure out what position he should play. Maybe we'll luck out and it will be both.

I am not concerned that Stuckey disappeared or made bad decisions during crunch time. That happens almost every game. What bothered me was that it seemed like Stuckey was afraid to do anything after his miscues.

Raymond Felton outrebounded Stuckey.

16 minutes for the new and improved, inspired, hard working, "relative bargain" Charles Garbage. I thought it was unfair of NY to play Stoudamire so much instead of some half-dead stiff so that CCG had to sit on the bench. He looked like a little kid swinging at a piƱata the few times he tried to guard him.

Shooting aside, Monroe looked pretty good. It is nice to see him get some run. His lack of athleticism may be an issue, but you could say the same thing about Noah his rookie year.
  7. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Sorry brother man...I've been wanting to get one in, but having a hard time fitting it in the schedule as of late. Especially cause I'd like to get one done where people actually have some forewarning and can participate. I am made of FAIL this season. :loser:
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Folks there is no scapegoat for this game, we simply lost. Coming in to the game we already knew that there was nobody on our roster who could check Amare, so he was going to get his. It's in games like this that you really appreciate what Sheed used to do, hold great players to their averages and make them work to get it. When Amare would hit 20+ pts on Sheed we would get upset, little did we know that without Sheed (and Dyess) we'd get torched for 40 by guys like Dirk and Amare.

NY executed a play that we simply could not stop, we had to focus on Felton and Amare and they did a great job of swinging the ball, they hit shots, we didn't. NY is really what we aspire to be and we pretty much hung tough with them, we're not that far from being a bad playoff team. And we need to make the playoffs so guys like CV, GM, and Austin Daye can get a clue for what it's like, and play against tough competition for 4 (5 if we're lucky) straight games, so they get a clue on how to workout in the off season.

As I watched the game it occured to me that Bynum was a mistake. Have you noticed that Bynum has not played well since the arrival of Gordo and CV? And when he does play well it's at the expense of their games. The idea of having T-Mac at the point needs to become a reality, because he seems to be the only one who knows that he needs to run the offense to get Ben Gordon shots, Bynum simply can't do it. Also the coaching staff needs to really focus on getting Gordon more shots. When he comes of a curl screen, if he's not WIDE OPEN, there should be a big setting a ball screen IMMEDIATELY for a pick and roll/pop play, it ain't rocket science. Amazing how Chi can get more shots for Kyle Korver than we can for Ben Gordon.
  9. max

max All-Star

Its almost as if Q stubbornly wants to insist that Prince and Daye can play the 4 and Rip can play the 3. Part of our problem also seems to be a simple lack of any consistancy in the rotations - no team chemistry.

I don't know what happened to Bynum since his rookie year. Last year he was hurt but this year he just seems to have lost it. Shoot 1st PG anyway. I would love to see more of Tmac at the point.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Bottom line is we could out bomb any body at home but don't try.
    I say we take 40 bombs at home, let the rebounds land where thet may.
  11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

We're one of the best teams in the league in 3pt FG%, yet we don't take very many of them and we have 3 guys who shoot a high enough percentage that these should be shots we try and get in our offense......Oh wait, the guy shooting 50% doesn't play anymore ........ ain't that a BLEEP!
  12. copper

copper Bench Warmer

He was trying to do what alot of posters on the board were screaming for him to do..."be a pass first point guard and not a shooting guard" the only problem with that equation is that his recipients werent hitting their shots
  13. copper

copper Bench Warmer

:pound:
  14. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I think there's a distinct difference between being a "pass first point guard" and just being out and out passive. I agree with Ernie, he seemed afraid to do anything after his miscues in the 4th quarter. From then on, it was just the usual, pass to Hamilton/Prince and get out of the way crap. He wasn't even cutting hard to the basket off the ball like was doing with such great success earlier in the game.
  15. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

On an off topic note, I'm digging the new beard that Rodney is growing out. He looks rugged.
  16. linwood

linwood All-Star

I'm with you Thee. Bombs away!

Shake things up a bunch and start launching from deep... be back quick on D.

:)
  17. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Usually when you are shooting a high percentage from 3-point land, it is because you are taking good shots, within the flow of the offense. When you start forcing threes, that percentage will come crashing down in a hurry.
  18. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Tracy McGrady looks strong on court for Pistons | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Looks like TMac is implying that he wants to be the PG in that 2nd unit. TMac at the point with BG and CV spotting up for 3s. Hell, put Daye at SF and we have 3 players spotting up for 3. If BG shoots the 3, both CV and Daye should be running into the paint and grab some rebounds in case BG missed them.
  19. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Please, please, please.
  20. linwood

linwood All-Star

This sounds like "in the box" thinking... the kind of thing that "true", and that "works".

The Pistons should add a half-court shooter and really open up the offense.