vs New York Knicks Saturday January 16 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'January 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Missed the live game..and averted any scores so I watch the game via the DVR at midnight. Boy they looked good in that 2nd and 3rd qtr and since it was late I started to speed up the DVR to get to end and get a good night rest.

..But since we started to look shaky with the small ball to start the 4th, I decided to watch every play since that lead started to shrink.. A couple miscues on the D with Daye and Max out there and Q decided to pull both of them ....In the words of Jet Li....That....was a mistake....we went small ball and as others have pointed out, the Knicks rookie Jordan Hill, David Lee and Danilo Gallinari took advantage and the 21 pt lead shrunk faster than a cheap Piston t shirt.

It seems that instead of trying to go to the glass to increase the lead everything was from the outside as they trying to go for the blow out kill. For every Piston long miss, the Knicks grabbed the long rebound and went down and scored.

As the nervousness took over my sleepy body, the game got down to a 3 pt lead by the Pistons 90-87 with about 12 seconds left and the refs going to the replay screen to see who knocked the ball out of bounds ... and to my dismay I got a message do you want to keep or delete?? My DVR was set for 2hours and 30 mins and I didn't know who got the ball or who won.....I turned to NBA TV and finally after 3 minutes of Cheryl Miller foolishness, I was able to see that the Pistons had pulled it out with a 94-90 win. if they had blown a 21 pt lead and lost I would have had nightmares all night.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Maxiell kept leaving the baseline open and kept getting burned. Not sure what he was doing.

3. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Dre- you gotta add time when you're taping a game,I learned that a long time ago. Game runs long or goes into ot you never know. And nothing more frustrating that watching and it cutting off with time still on the clock.

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I normally do, but was late for an appointment and didn't have time. I taped it from the FSD Det net because if I had taped it from the lNBA League pass channel it would have burned it 6 hours of time...

but alas we won the game which is good for morale, but we still need to be in the hunt for a top 5 pick....