vs Minnesota Timberwolves Tuesday February 16 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'February 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

How exactly did he have a "horrible" game? Stuckey absolutely did not have a horrible game.

You weren't watching the same game I was. In the game I saw, Stuckey and Big Ben were the guys carrying the team to that huge run to start the 3rd quarter, which effectively ended the game.

2. Brap

Brap Starter

Yeah, I thought he was just being wry. Stuckey was very strong last night.

3. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

trade business first, trade business first....

you do not want to see 10-20 million salary sitting on the bench or playing most of the minues only because of coach did not play them enough before trade deadline an JoeD did not get good offers...do you?

4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Perhaps now is the time to deal Stuckey. He is currently a relatively good value and could be packaged with a bad contract.

5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Is Charlie V supposed to somehow entice teams to take on Rip's contract? I can't see that happening.

I only saw the 1st half of last night’s game, but based on what people are saying should the Pistons bite the bullet and give CV's minutes to Daye? They'd have to do something on D to help him, but even if he’d lay down on the floor he probably wouldn't be worse.

6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner.

7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Stuckey didn't have a bad game....didn't have a good one either. Bynum continues to get exploited on D, we know it, he knows it and the rest of the NBA knows it. But he was a dishing machine last night, as Lee pointed out, 10 of those asts were not meaningless. He's doing what we need him to do: DRIVE, collapse the defense, and KICK! Something that The Quintessential One is still clueless about as he barrels into 3 defenders before blowing the layup.

JJ really wants to be a star, he's putting up better numbers this season than David Lee did as a rookie.....I'm just sayin.

CV.....uggh. Bengo, 4-11, C'mon man! Rip and Tay had nice floor games, and BEN was BEN.

Maxiel continues to impress. Speaking of Max, did anybody else see him and his Wife on E!'s True Hollywood Stories: NBA Wives. Didn't know his wife Brandy had cancer 2 seasons ago.....I remember when Max shaved his head, he said it was for a "friend", had no idea that "friend" was his wife; kind of explains some things, doesn't it. We often complain about what these guys do or don't do on the court and fail to take into account what they may or may not be dealing with off the court.

8. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

HEY! how come no one is talking about Stuckey's dunk early in the game? Huh? I figured someone would be on here calling me about it! I was impressed, atta boy Stuck! Maybe that is why he didn't have any legs left for the rest of the game and shot so poorly.

9. Kidstealth

Kidstealth First Round Draft Pick

Bynum had 4 assists in the first half.

He wasn't subbed in the 3rd until we went on the run and it was 70-54, with 6 minutes left in the quarter. He finished the third with 5 assists, nabbing one before the 3rd ended. Quarter ended 85-65.

He had 9 assists in the 4th.

Sorry, whoever was saying he had 7 dimes in the first half, or he didn't stuff stats in garbage time, your dead wrong.

I am not bashing Bynum, I like what he did with the time given, but anyone who looks at the boxscore and think Stuckey was garbage and Bynum was the man, well that isn't the complete story.

The thing I was excited about the most is that Stuckey, Ben, and Jerebko got plenty of rest. There wasn't any need once we got up, the bench got the job done, and they can be fresh for Orlando.

edit: and if anyone doesn't realize how ridiculous the +/- is for basketball (compared to Hockey), yesterday was a perfect example.

Tay +34, and the nearest guy being +17.

The hell is that supposed to mean? What sort of correlation can you draw from that to anything? It is just utterly pointless, and I wish they'd drop it.

10. hitafreethrow

Ought O...TaShawn is sharpening his knives as we speak.

11. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

You're right. It's harder to trade two albatrosses (albatri? albatrossen?) together.

12. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

LOL

Stuckey took 6 shots last night and hit on 3 of them. Since when is 50% bad shooting? Stuckey wasn't even looking for his shot all night.

People bang on Stuckey just for the sake of it. He did not play poorly last night. In fact, he was far more instrumental in the Pistons building that big lead than Bynum was. Bynum did his damage when the game was well in hand.

13. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Thanks for that. I was pretty sure my eyes didn't deceive me when I said that Bynum did most of his damage in garbage time, and sure enough, I was right.

14. hitafreethrow

I was being sarcastic, but actually yeah, 50% from the field is piss poor!

15. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

lol, gotcha. Sarcasm isn't always easy to detect in text. ;)

16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Good writeup on Max..if u can, do a longer writeup on it and see if roscoe can front page it

17. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Said the Doctor: "the operation was a success, but the patient died."

18. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

As fitting the current lay of the land, the outlook is bleak. Corporate sponsors tighten their belt because it is politically correct to do so. Toward the masses, free hot dogs, cokes, etc. only go so far. A looming lockout will put everything in a tail-spin. Yes, some maneuvering can be made, as expectations have that bias greed factor: buying high in a low market.

New ownership is your wild-card. Ostfield will do as he is told, like a good corporate citizen. Although JD's armor will not rust away from salty tears...the new owner may not play the same ocean game.

Yes, Stuckey will be dealt with or without JD.

19. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good thing the Pistons played the TWolves before Darko arrived. Darko just vant to play.

The Knicks are waiving Brian Cardinal today, so Darko was traded to Minnesota for nothing.

20. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

His stock is on the rise.