vs Milwaukee Friday October 8th 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'October 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Re: vs Milwaukee Friday October 8th @7:30pm

I dream of the day I can meet one of you guys so I can extend my hand and say, "Hi, I'm Ernie the Slow Adult."
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yes it would be great eventually meeting all of you. So far I have met Mikhail in Oakland and The Low in Vegas.
  3. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

All these recaps were really good. Thank you everyone. Don't know what I'd do without you.....
  4. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I've seen Stuckey back his man in the post before to good effect, but he obviously doesn't do it nearly as often as he should.
  5. Brap

Brap Starter

This might be the first season that Stuckey will be on the court with great 3 pt shooters (Daye, Gordon, even Summers) and enough weapons that teams can't pack the lane. I'll bet the lane starts getting less clogged for Stuckey and every one of the guys on our team who takes the ball to the hole.
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Gees, Lee it's just preseason, thanks. Read about 6 pages of the Heat game couldn't get a score.
  7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Actually Brap when you see the game live you can see how Stuckey (and Bynums) inability to even be a mere threat from the perimeter hurts our floor spacing. Teams have Stuckey scouted so well, the opposition and all of Piston Nation knows that he penentrates with his head down and does not kick the ball out, so even when he's on the court with Tay, Gordon and Daye he still ends up driving into a packed lane. Bynum on the other hand does a fantastic job of kicking to the corner three spot (tay) which usually gets swung up to the wing or top of the arc where Gordo or Daye are ready, waiting, locked and loaded! But Stuckey is ahead of Bynum on the defensive end of the floor so I don't know what you do.
  8. Brap

Brap Starter

I'm not 100% sure of this, but this is my hope: I'm assuming you guys are correct when you talk about Stuckey going into the lane with his head down too often, because a lot of you guys have written something similar and because it does seem like Bynum has more of a propensity to get assists. I'll have to watch for that myself when I watch games from now on.

My hope is that with great weapons on the floor with him, that Stuckey will grow into a player that fits that surrounding talent - and that that head down stuff will be one of the primary areas he improves on.

Last year the team didn't have any threats. Gordon was never right, Daye didn't play and was an insecure rookie, Rip and Tay were hurt so often and out of the lineup, Bynum was crippled and not himself, CV was never healthy - I mean never, JJ and Ben - nobody was terribly worried about guarding them too tight. But this season it's completely different. We're overloaded with very strong offensive players - and now Stuckey isn't alone out there and isn't the only guy teams will have to pay full attention too. Last season, the right play for Stuckey way too often was to try to force it into the basket himself or draw the foul trying. This season , the right play much more often will be to find the open great shooter. If Stuckey isn't making the right play, given this team's great depth, someone else will be initiating the offense. This year, unlike last year, we have quite a few guys ready to do that.
  9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Don't hold your breath, Brap. I don't see it happening anytime soon.
  10. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

wanna bet?
  11. Brap

Brap Starter

ooooh, food fight!!!!

Actually, I'm not totally sure who wins this best, but when push comes to shove, I do think Stuckey is going to prove that he's an excellent guy to have as the point guard in our system. The reason is that we have Monroe and Daye to run the offense through.

I also think Stuckey has great usefulness as a combo guard moving over to shooting guard.

But I do have concerns about whether he'll for sure get over the hump. I know it seems like a cop-out and a bunch of excuses, but I see this developing over the course of this entire season, what with the Pistons being in such a state of flux and turmoil, and with the flux and turmoil likely to continue over the course of this season and next season, as the coaches and Joe D sort out this boondoggle and as the team makes a couple important trades and makes another key draft selection, and as guys like Daye, Summers, JJ when he gets back and Monroe progress in their development.
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

We're still back at point LOSER.
    Who will run the O ?
    What kind of O will they/he run ?
    Will the O suit the players ?
    And will the O be a winning O ?

KGREG All-Star

They aren't offensive initiators. I gotta be honest as a PG I get a little irked at the idea that many folks who think Stuckey has what it takes to magically become one overnight. Daye, Monroe, same thing.....seriously WE NEED A PG! Watching our team get into their sets extremely slowly is extremely painful. You need a guy who can RUN A TEAM otherwise the surrounding talent will always underperform. Looking through the NBA rosters I have no clue what Joe does to get the floor general, most are not available, those who are available are available for a reason.

One caveat, NJ showed their hand in trying to acquire Carmelo, they were willing to move Harris and Favors for Melo if he'd ink a new deal. That tells me Harris is available, don't know how you get him but I'd definitely trade Stuckey to get him. Maybe a 3 team deal where we send Rip to Clev (via their trade exception) and Stuckey to NJ and get Harris in return, that would save NJ a boatload of money.