vs Milwaukee Bucks Friday November 26 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'November 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Our good friend Tom Rantala has taken ill, so we're bringing him along to see the red, blue and white tonight, live at the Palace. Anyone want me to pass along a PF.com "get well soon" to Tom?
  3. roscoe36

4. roscoe36

I would like you to.
  5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

1.Daye only got some garbage time minutes. Nailed a three. This guy is still shooting hot, even though he has a coach who won't play him.

2. We got a double digit lead, rather easily it seemed. Bynum came on, and the lead dwindled to 3. Stuckey came back in, and the lead got to 15 all the sudden. That was in the 1st half, guess maybe some have already forgotten that far back.

3. Milwaukee is without Delfino and Bogut, making it a bit easier for us.

4. CV and Gordon were on fire.

5. Prince and Rip were both shooting well.

6. Great to see a win. But man do we need another option at backup point. This one should have been real easy. Then again, the Pistons will take any type of win at the moment.

7. We had a ton of assists, with both Rip and Stuckey getting that started.

8. Highlights of game: Bynum's reverse while flying threw the air, JMAX's dunk, Rip's gun on the run. And Stuckey's shots as a collection. CV's several 3's. And CV's hook while driving in.

9. JMAX was sure setting some nice screens. Plenty of offense from him, all at the basket.

10. Ben just cleared the boards and played D.

11. I don't believe Wilcox got off the bench.

12. The starting unit stalled out a bit to start the 3rd, but got their act together after a timeout. Yes, you can see that eventually, the Ben Wallace, JMAX pairing is going to cause some problems, at least against some teams. (Tonight, with JMAX scoring so much against their lightweight front line, it was fine.)

13. Due to a lot of foul trouble, Bynum played a lot of point with our starting unit. Not too bad, as they can't drive past Bynum with both JMAX and Big Ben backing him up.

14. I did not want to end at 13. Bad luck I guess. Good night everyone and GO PISTONS!!!!!
  6. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I wanna know what KGREG thought about that half time segment with Stuckey and his off-season workout regime. Did you see him working out? And you said this guy isn't in shape? I wish I had a chest and abs like that... :sssh::hoops:
  7. linwood

linwood All-Star

Geez Rodney, I think maybe you should be practicing your passing, instead of fishing for complements in the Pistons Forum.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Victory! Keeping our playoff chances alive.
  9. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :eyebrows: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Saw it a few weeks ago on Pistons focus. I don't doubt one iota that Stuck is putting the work in, but my eyes and the numbers aren't lying, it's his wind and stamina that are lacking. I don't believe the folks in Washington have him on the right plan. Stuck starts good in the 1st qtr and then slows down after that. Tonight I felt as if he played one helluva game, almost perfect, if he could bottle tonights game we'd be in business.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He's been very consistent stats wise with a narrow band of expected results.

16 points, 6 assists is almost automatic for him right now.

Only 1 game this year below 10 points for him. Only 2 games above 19.

By the way, Ben Gordon's shooting stats are WAY above his career averages. True shooting % of .631 so far this year! I'm down with starting him at this point. If Stuckey is a combo guard, then let's throw another combo guard with him and minimize the predictability of the offense.
  12. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I agree. Stuckey is at his best when you have shooters to space the floor. Heck, I think CV has earned a starting spot too, and he and Rodney also have play well together.
  13. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Which is why I think the lineups are almost backwards right now with all of our best shooters: Gordon, CV, and Daye (does he count anymore with Clueless Kuester screwing him over?) playing most of their minutes with Bynum. Then Stuckey is stuck with the BFF's and 2 bigs who can't score unless someone accidentally leaves them wide open under the rim.

Kuester needs to at least start Gordon, and bring CV into the game about 5-6 minutes in, so Stuckey can be the guy setting him up instead of Bynum. I don't know that I'm ready to start CV though. He's going pretty well right now, I wouldn't want his mentality to change by starting him.

If it were me, I'd start Monroe next to Big Ben, because Greg seems to get lost in all-chucker lineup of Bynum, Gordon, T-Mac, and CV. T-Mac is the only guy in that crew that ever seems to make a pass for any reason other than getting an assist on the stat sheet.

Plus, Rip's steady dose of coming off screens could hopefully make Bynum a bit less erratic. He won't just be freewheeling out there on every play.
  14. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Great win. There were a lot of Pistons who had a good game so I won't single out anyone. On the bad side, I'm not to impressed by Bynum. He had big problems guarding Jennings and his offense seems to have deterioated from last season. He did hit a bunch of his jumpers for once though. Hopefully it's just a slump and he'll get out of it. If he doesn't, let's hope White makes a Bledsoe who looked terrible with the ball during the summer league but has played pretty good hoops this season.
  15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

These wins all feel so meaningless and empty. I don't get that excited because the Pistons sometimes pass the ball.

I giggled every time they said the name Larry Sanders.

CCG is getting a ton of attention for his improved play and hard work, but to me he is cementing his reputation as Charlie the Garbage Time All Star. If you need a big game against the Wiz then he is your man. He doesn't come around much against good teams though. I still can't believe that he can't get a shot at starting on this team.

I thought Jennings was fantastic last night. I like him a lot. He wasn't shooting well and still willed the Bucks back into the game a few times. He out rebounded Stuckey.
  16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Bynum is still dealing with a bad leg. A hamstring problem that is not healing fast enough. But I doubt thats it. He is just short, and unable to defend starting point guards in this league all that well. Once again, Milwaukee, like the last several teams, left a starting guard out there to torture Bynum when he came into the game. Now, if you have decent bigs in, to stop scoring once they get past Bynum, it can work out.

Which leads me to talking about CV. CV is that big, who when paired with Bynum, it just spells trouble for us. Bad combination. Basically, its ok to have one poor defender, cause the other 4 guys can usually cover for just one poor defender. But covering for two, its just disastrous.

Meanwhile, we all saw some pretty good results with TMAC running the poing when Bynum was not playing. We should get to see more of that. One, it makes TMAC useful, and two, until Bynum is healthy, why play him?
  17. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I can just barely hack Bynum right now.....
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Man, you don't have to go all KG on him.

He just enjoys playing basketball for money and then tweeting about it. What's wrong with that?
  19. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Agreed with you here. Could have played TMac as PG and Daye at SF in that 2nd quarter. TMac would even got himself lucky and not get injured if that happens.