vs Miami Tuesday October 5th 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'October 2010' started by OLD SKOOL HQ, Oct 5, 2010.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Re: PISTONS V HEAT

yeah we have plenty of time to see their scenarios play out, but headcases like Sheed, Artest and Rodman do have rings though....

2. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Fosho, JJ's injury gives everyone the much needed excuse [STRIKE]when[/STRIKE] if the Pistons get off to a slow start this season.

Langlois: The team is off to a rough start. To me it's obvious that you're really missing Jonas.

Joe: It's really tough Keith. With him out, there's only 8 or 9 guys left on the roster who can play his position. We've sent a petition to the league office for a roster exception but we haven't heard anything yet.

3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

ditto.

5. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I saw that too KGreg. Something is very wrong with the atmosphere of the team. I didn't get a warm and fuzzy at all. I guess the best way I can describe it is; you need to put together a team, and you got about 1 hour to get them together, none of its members are familiar with each other, or better yet they are totally strangers before they met at this juncture. That's the feeling that I got from the pistons squad. No one was talking to each other with the exception of Monroe and Ben a few times.

When I looked over and saw Q and Bengo word for word with each other, jawing it up, I wondered what it was about, but it was obviously something amiss.

I have went to many, many, many pistons games and this is the first time I can actually say, I don't know who these guys are. I wish that I could truly explain the way I am feeling right now, I just can't seem to put it in words. I am not feeling very good right now about thier prospects. Being a life long Pistons fan, I surely hope something good comes out of this whole ordeal.

6. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I think the JJ injury was one of the worst possible injuries we could pick up at this moment with the team balanced as it is (even though I am a bit biased). With Big Ben getting older and Monroe fresh from college this might hit us pretty hard. I doubt anyone thought this was a team which would crush the Heat in the conference finals but if every piece fell on the correct place we might have made the playoffs. Well, this piece certainly didn't fall on the correct place. Lets just hope this is positive to Monroes development atleast and clueless sophomore coach doesn't play Big Ben until he breaks down.

7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I watched the game, but not very closely. Eventually, I'll study the game - but I got until October 22 before the next televised game so I got lots and lots of time.

The game started out close enough. JJ seemed to be doing pretty well out there, looking pretty sharp. Somewhat to be expected since he played for the Swedish National Team quite recently. But then he got injured, out for for months. Torn achilles.

Soon we had our subs in, but Miami stayed with their starters longer than we did and started to pull away from us fast for the 2nd half of the 1st quarter. Take away that stretch right there, and really, the rest of the game we did not do quite as bad as some are writing here.

Guys who looked ok: Rip, Tay, Monroe, JJ, JMAX, Ben Wallace.

Monroe hit a midranger. He nailed a couple of free throws nicely. He made one scoring move, on a sub. The rebounds he got - they did not look impressive - like he basically stands flatfooted for them.

On a another sour note, White broke his foot. He was one of two players who came in for the last five minutes of the game or so. Summers was the other. No word yet on how long White will be out.

Daye, one of the last guys in the game in the first half, played quite well.

Stuckey, CV, TMAC, Gordon, Bynum, all played plenty of minutes; can't recommend much of what they did for medals or anything. My impression of CV on defense the first few minutes he was in was bad, but after that I can't point to much negative except he just was not making shots. TMAC did not seem very capable out there. More prone to throwing the ball away vs. doing anything else.

8. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Better yet it will give Joggin' Rodney's many fans a whole other set of excuses for his 3-16 shooting, 9 turnover, 1 rebound and 4 offensive foul game that is looming.

9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I missed this one. Did it happen at the very end? I changed channels with about a minute left.

10. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I'm 100% agree with this!! Thank you very much!! It's great! :)

The Suns who doesn't have a good player in the paint.. Robin Lopez, Dwyane Jones, Turkoglu and Hakim Warrick?? :pound:

Not hard for Cousins to grab 16 rebounds when the other team had 12.5% for 3 point (2-16) and 21 of 30 free throws..

Yup. I'm agree. :(

So Sad that the ONLY YOUNG Player of our roster who has a lot of "hustle" is out 3 months.. Man.. I'm SO angry right now..

11. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

3 months is quite optimistic, at times this is more or less a career ending injury. We should be glad if JJ comes back in 3 or 4 months with no lasting effects. Think about Elton Brand.
    And hell, this injury sucks big time. Because JJ is a great player and because it gives JoeD an excuse to stay put. This is what really bothers me.

12. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Let's take a quick look at some highlights of Greg's Game Plan (As always, sponsored by the Bernstein Advantage - Nothin' but net!)

1. A Time to Impress/Stuckey and Daye

• T-Mac took over ball-palming duties for The Palace Prince after he was KO'd early in the game - I liked it.
    • The Stuck, fresh off all that seafood and salad, didn't seem to do much, but he jogs fast so I will let it go for now.
    • Greg Monroe missed a few layups early, but I lost track after that. I had the delicious new McDonalds Angus Snack Wrap on my mind - I'm Lovin' It!
    • Jonas Jerebko and Terrific White each took a bad lickin' and just stopped tickin' - ouch!
    I was not terribly impressed, but always bet on Charlie V to sink a "3" when it comes to an inspiring quote after the fact.

"There are areas for improvement. Preseason allows us to learn from our mistakes. Nonetheless, please keep your prayers up for Jonas & T-Dub." - Charlie Villanueva, via Twitter

13. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

14. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

With all this positive feedback and good news...It's time for a prediction's thread. :)

15. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I can believe that.

16. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I hope you are wrong. They did seem distant though. You never know what is going on within a team.

17. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

18. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

.. man.. I don't have words to explain what I'm feeling right now.. I'm so depressed.. mad.. sad.. I want to give all my wishes to Jerebko man.. Hope he heals well.. :(

19. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

U pitch a Roy holliday Nohitter with that post! I poo on anyone who disgrees with anything u said!!! BigUPPS!

20. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Excellent points all...U should have told us b4 game time where u'd be...
    And as usual.....didnt I say all this before...Our time is done....Boston,.Chicago, LA ..they all went thru it...