vs Miami Heat Wednesday March 23 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'March 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The Pistons best player, Charlie G, doesn't agree that the starters should have played more.

http://detnews.com/article/20110324...ld-lead-late--fade-against-Heat#ixzz1HXWrYTVs

I actually enjoyed watching the Pistons play last night. If they got CCG, Gordon and Daye out of there I'd be set.

It amazes me how many times I forget that Gordon is on the team and how often he is actually on the court when this happens.

2. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Yea he should have played much more.... if your a miami fan..... 2 3 sec calls for not guarding in the paint in 3 possessions? that 2nd group looked lost on def and offense.... and while they had to play, sorry starters did need some bench time to rest... they did ZERO last night.

3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

4. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

At least Sean Penn has been seen colaborating with sane people...

[​IMG]

5. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm guessing it's another Kafka.

Sad, true, but sad.

6. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

I can't remember a game where BG made a difference in a win this year?? He is a liability on the defensive end with his size and if he is not scoring (which he doesn't seem to be doing) he is not helping us.

Could he be gone some how next season. I am not confident that him replacing Rip next year is going to be a good thing.

I look at Rip like I look at Ray Allen. He is a consistent scorer for us.

Not sure where we will be if we hand things over to BG next year as our number one scoring option???

7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

BG is to unselfish....when he came off the bench in Chicago, he was told to be aggressive and shoot.

In Motown, he is not sure what his role is....start for 10 games, come off the bench for 10 games....play 25 minutes or play 12 minutes.... (same thing happening with Stuckey right now)

He needs to be out on the floor with some guys who play defense but don't necessarily shoot the ball...Ben, Max...etc, then he can take the aggressive role and shoot when necessary.

8. Walter

Looking at Gordon's performance since we signed him, it seems to me that Daye can replace Gordon's production in his sleep.

9. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

And at least add rebounds and assists to the stat line that BG can't.

10. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Yeah Im sure defenses would be awestruck if we put BG out there with the least talented offensive players on the team...it would be impossible for them to d him up. It seems to me if we need to remove all offensive players from the floor for BG to be effective? he is not a good player. There is a reason he isnt seeing time here, he needs a solid defensive unit to cover his weak defense up. He is overpaid for what he can do, even if he was playing as well on offense as he did with chitown. his defense is awful and easily exploited by pretty much whoever he faces nightly. There is no way he can replace rip from what ive seen, at least rip can hit shots and isnt a fouling pylon on the other end. We need to move forward with our known entities, Stuck, GM, JJ, Daye...everyone else is moveable and should be worried about a door bruise on their arse. Get whatever we can for Tay and or Rip and finally close the chapter on our last great team...we need to clear the table before we can set it for our next feast.

11. copper

copper Bench Warmer

What I liked from that article was GM saying he thought Wilcox was playing good and should have been in there. The young fella doesnt say much but he couldnt pick a better time or a better assessment of the situation to say something.

12. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:cold:

13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree. BG, more than anyone on this team, needs a consistent role to be productive. BG will only be effective with the Pistons if both Rip and Tay are gone. Stuckey can share some of the SG minutes and Daye can play his natural SF spot.

14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

And this puts the Pistons where, in the low, low 20's for wins?

15. BillLaimbeer

I hear ya. I'm just saying if you want to get the most out of Ben Gordon, then the roster has to change. The guard situation has been a complete mess all year. Rip definitely has to go for this team to move forward. Perhaps others (Stuckey, Gordon, etc.) should be moved, too. This organization has lots of issues and the sale of the team is probably the biggest one at this point.

16. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

"Good crowd" is subjective. LeBron got louder cheers on his baskets than Monroe did or Stuckey did on that dunk. That's sad.

17. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I had my tongue kind stuck in my cheek when I posted that.
    I don't understand why away crowds flock to see these jackasses. You could simply stay at home, watch the highlights and not have to sit through the other three hours of the big-3 shooting free throws.

18. Walter

I feel like getting the most out of Gordon and the long term of success of this team are two mutually exclusive things.

19. BillLaimbeer

Possibly. I would rate the following guys ahead of BG as far as people that need to go before the Pistons have success again:

1. Rip
    2. Tay
    3. Ben Wallace