vs Miami Heat Wednesday March 23 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'March 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Am I the only one that thinks the Pistons have an aversion to late 4 Q, scoring.
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Late 4th quarter scoring? They didn't score a point for the first 6 minutes of the 4th quarter.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Pistons led by 8 at the end of 3, but that 15-0 run to start the 4th by the Heat was the game changer and we had the wrong guys out there when the Heat decided to turn up the defense in the 4th.

It was 9-0 before Q called his first time out to get Daye out of there, who seem intimidated all night by the Heat. Other than Rodney, the bench had one of their worst games of the season.

Somebody explain to me why Wilcox only played only 17 mins when he was 5-6 from the floor and out playing Dampier and Magliore? I mean I was watching Idol too, so not sure ...did he get injured or something??

Despite the bad start in the fourth, the Pistons stayed within range, but with the Pistons down 4 and less than 90 seconds left, Prince missed a jumper from the wing, as they wasted to much time and he was forced to take it with about 3 seconds on the clock and then after the Lebron missed two FTs.

After a timeout Stuckey's short jumper in front of the hoop came up short and Monroe grabbed the loose ball, but missed the layup. And that my friends was it even though there was still some time on the clock.

Was it me or did it seem like every time the big three got called for a foul, they were in shock??
  4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The only reason to hire Gordon Ramsey as coach would be for the opportunity to mic him for the game. :)
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

2 terrible missed bunnies for Monroe, who otherwise played fantastically. A strong outing from Rip.

Agree that Wilcox should have been out there more. I like it when he and Monroe are paired up.

Ben Gordon with 0 points and a -15 in 11 minutes of "action."

Would have been a great win, except we went with the Charmin lineup for the first half of the 4th.

The worst possession was the one where we got called for 3 in the lane (watching Lebron), then we fouled him and they got the ball out of bounds, then we got another 3 in the lane (watching Lebron), then something else terrible happened.

Oh well. I'm letting my mind drift toward the draft.
  6. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I thought Stuckey had a poor game too, outside of the dunk. Besides that, he was pretty much a waste of space on the floor tonight. Pathetic, really.
  7. BillLaimbeer

Don't be so hard on yourself. You'll bounce back.
  8. LA Dre

Yeah you led the team in assists dishing out 6 and neither you nor Monroe got blocked tonight....in fact the Heat only blocked one shot (on Tay) ...then again we had only one block too, (Daye on Dampier) so no one on either team should have been afraid to go to the hole 2nite.
  9. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I thought for sure LeBron blocked that Stuckey floater in the last minute or so of the game. Guess he just airballed that. Even more pathetic then.
  10. LA Dre

I thought it was a block too at first, but they didn't call it and the official scorer didn't note it so it wound up being a short pass to Gmon and he missed the layup by rushing it....
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The dunk was one of the best of the season for us, so at least Stuckey provided some entertainment.
  12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Decent game. At the end, a blown bunny by Monroe, and that crazy shot by Tay kind of did us in.

Hey, its time to start Daye, and give him every bit of experience we can give him.

And time to sit Tay. As he played so little last season, lets not push his minutes his total minutes this season.

TMAC is another guy that really should not push it any more. Just no reason.

About time to get to see White play.

Lets hope there is a season for the Pistons next year - and hope they are still in or near Detroit - and still called the Pistons.
  13. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Starters average a +5.4, everyone else a -11.4. Gordon and Daye seemed the main culprits to me, basically giving the game over to the Heat bench in the first four minutes of the fourth. Pretty sad outing.

I don't get the Wilcox thing either. So much for perform well and get minutes. Give him Maxiell's minutes last night and pull the plug on the bench about two minutes into the fourth and maybe things come out different.
  14. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'm totally sold on G-Money and am ready to say "nice job" to Joe for drafting this kid. This wasn't one of those "no-brainer" picks as Dumars could have went a lot of different directions with this pick. ...a couple of of sweet passes working out of the high post last night. Looking forward to more!

Rip shot the rock well but the dude looks like he's playing for himself out there and not his teammates. For a guy his age and with as many miles as he has on those legs, he sure moves quick when it comes time to get out of LeBron's way.

It was kinda strange to see such a good crowd at the Palace. I had to check my DVR to make sure that I wasn't watching a game from a few years ago.
  15. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Didn't get home till halftime and thought the same thing about Wilcox's first half mins... Q said during the postgame stuff it was because of matchups when they didn't have there starting center in... and he only played 16 mins they were going really small and were spreading the floor with smaller shooters...

While I hate having your players determined by the other team... The way we play, not using our big men enough on offense to warrant both Monroe and Wilcox on the floor I can almost understand it.

Did they mention in pregame why Ben didn't play/dress last night? Wilcox starting IMO hurt our 2nd Unit last night...
  16. BillLaimbeer

If Kuester would have just left TMac in for the entire 48 minutes, the Pistons would have won that game.
  17. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's tough to match up when Miami puts LBJ and the four and Bosh at center. Still, might have been worth a try, especially when Wilcox has been shooting the ball so well, just to make Miami react. Particularly since the bench brigade wasn't getting it done. Even Blaha and Kelser were calling for changes.

I think they said Ben has a tweaked something or the other. Knee maybe.
  18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

This is probably the most eloquent articulation of the team's vision.
  19. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

I think last night is a perfect example of a coaching loss.

WE needed Wilcox on the floor to help with rebounding. I still can't understand giving Max any minutes.

This also shows how much we miss JJ this year. I think with him in the starting line up alongside Monroe and Wilcox off the bench; we would be a much better team.
  20. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

"Leopards break into the temple and drink the sacrificial jugs dry; this is repeated, again and again, until it is possible to calculate in advance when they will come, and it becomes part of the ceremony.
    Kafka (from Kurtag The Kafka Fragments)"

@ DBA

I don't suppose you are talking about the Eagle's quarterback...:MusicBigGrin:

Mike Kafka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia