vs Miami Heat Friday January 29 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'January 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The last time they played each other was the first game of the preseason and Stuck was so in awe of Wade that he shot 1-7 with 1 assist and had 4 TO's watching him...

Wade on the hand was 6-13, for 18pts, with 5 assists, 4 steals and one block shot....both played 26 minutes....and the Pistons with plenty of healthy guys to go around (other than CV) held on to beat the Heat 87-83.
  2. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

There were two notable Stuckey-Wade highlights last year.

That double-clutch bank shot over Wade that won us a game against the Heat... the second being the refs swallowing their whistles and allowing Wade to rape Stuckey on a potential game winning drive to the basket.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

4. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Just got home and saw the score....it's not like 'wow'...it's like 'whoa.'
  5. Brap

Brap Starter

Seriously high lotto pick, here we come! Wee!
  6. LA Dre

A game no one wants to comment on as it may have been the Pistons most forgettable game of the season. Miami wins 92-65, and it didn't even look that close.

For those who didn't see this one, you were lucky...but I will try to fill in some of the gaps.

Down 26-23 at the end of one, it look like a nice competitive game. ...But the second qtr was bad....and Wade didn't even play in it. The Pistons gave up a 10-0 run to fall behind 47-31 with less than two minutes left in the half, but scored the last 5 points to close out the half and feel good about themselves......47-36 halftime lead for the Heat.

Well not sure what happen in the locker room, but both teams came out stinking up the joint in the third as it took about 3 minutes before anyone scored. With a little less than 6 mins left in the third, the heat had outscored the Pistons 6-2 . Then after a time out, Wade decided it was time to end this one early and hit a three and a couple more hoops and the rout was on. If you thought the 13 pts in the second was bad, the Pistons barely scored 12 in the third with Gordon hitting a running jumper with about 3 seconds left in the 3rd just to get to 12. Pistons were now down 71-48.

Why Kuester chose to play the same five guys for six minutes that [strike]stunk-up[/strike] er, closed the second is beyond me because they couldn't hit the side of the barn in either quarter. Rip who finished 4-14 seem to at one stretch miss 10 shots in a row. Everyone was taking jumpers and all of them were either halfway down or bricking off the rim...not much inside work and it showed as we got out boarded a whopping 52-25....

The bet in the chat room was if they could actually score 65 pts on this cold nite at the Palace and if they couldn't, I was going to shave my beard ..you know the one I that I have had since 1981, and BillLaimbeer was going to grow one. Luckily I can keep it as my wife, kids and pet dog would not have recognized me if I shaved....

Bengo returned and at one point was our leading scorer. Looked rusty, but glad to have another guard out there.

Stat of the night: Both Stuckey and Carlos Arroyo finish with 4pts and 4 turnovers...

Kwame went to the line 6 times and made one FT

Charlie led the team in scoring with 16 pts..including our last 6 pts to pad his stats and save my beard...

Pistons are now 1-12 in games that Tay starts or plays in. ...I coined a new word in chat called Tayking..as that is what they are doing by playing Tay. Even though I have not filed the copy-write paper work yet, feel free to use it whenever you want to when discussing how we are priming ourselves for a top three draft pick.

The Twolves won tonight, so we moved closer to them in the standings.

Well time to watch Caprica and then get ready for Spartacus: Blood & Sand...some real Friday night entertainment.
  7. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Dre, hate to say it, but that Spartucus series isnt any good IMO.
  8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

First the offense. Nothing from our starters. CV and Ben Gordon scored some. Defense? Darn good first half or so of the 3rd quarter. But we scored no points during that time.

We have a coach who won't learn, won't change. So the idea we are going to turn this around is far greater than far fetched. Its preposterous. Yes, stick a fork in them, the Pistons are done.

Wilcox has been totally ineffective with his back problems for quite some time. Actually, since Kuester decided to start the guy. It did not work the first game, nor has it worked even half ok since. So why continue the non-sense, and tonight, why even increase the guys minutes. Until Wilcox can be effective in the post again, he simply is doing nothing for the team. We have a young guy named Summers who is healthy and who could be playing those power forward minutes.

We were outrebounded nearly 2 to 1. And this despite J.O. being out injured for much of the first half and Beasley not playing due to a knee injury.

Since Rip Hamilton returned the team has went to being a jump shooting team. A jump shooting team that can't make jumpers. Pretty embarrassing. The sooner we trade Rip the better, cause you really don't want a team like that.

We did barely avoid beating our futility record for fewest points scored. And like who realy cares? How many people were even watching the end of this game.

Rip still ain't in game shape. Tay should not even be out there. Gordon played today, but he has a groin pull he is recovering from. Atkins did play, but he should no wise be on the team. Too often the other team just scores right thru him. He can be right there, but it does not matter against most NBA players. They just ignore him and score as Atkins politely steps aside.

An old man Ben Wallace started for us. Great player. But how out of whack is it to play an older player like that on a rebuilding team. So, in all, let me see, who should have started tonight amongst our starters? Stuckey. At least the coach got one out of five right.

Here is who could have started: Stuckey, Daye, JJ, Summers, JMAX. All healthy young players. What a concept. The rest, Gordon, Ben Wallace, Tay, Rip, would have made a fine bench to go to.

Still no Bynum. Summers was not dressed so did not get any garbage time play. Yes, Kuester played with more disaster playing his starters into garbage time too far. Starters though who really should not have been starting mostly, and really this season is toast so it hardly matters at this point.

Kwame played. Looks bad as ever.
  9. LA Dre

To graphic for ya huh.....
  10. LA Dre

You are right, the starters played to many ineffective minutes and none of them could put it in the hoop to save their lives. The one time someone tried to take it to the rim Tayking, he was called for a charge.

Daye played only at the end and in garbage time, might as well have sat on the bench the whole game. What once was suppose to be season changing six game homestand has turn into a sham because of the way Keuster played his lineups......more Tay and less Daye have resulted in less wins.
  11. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Tay needs to get shape as fast as possible if you want him to trade.

There is 3 weeks left...
  12. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Hey...behave yourself.
  13. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

ACTUALLY, ErnieTSA is Miami fan who looks at Stuckey and thinks that he roots for Wade.
  14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

If this ain't tanking..err...Tayking, I don't know what is.

The one thing I liked was when Q put Rip, Tay, Stuckey, and Vill back in the game. I honestly felt that they should have been forced to finish the game. Again I don't believe in letting guys off the hook, you put us in this shhh, you endure it! You take all the embarassment, you look like the fool. JJ and Daye weren't responsible for that crap so they shouldn't have to finish a piece of shhh game like that.

But on a night where Philly and Sac lost it was good we could keep up with them in the loss column, and the night was night a total loss....the T-Wolves won! Gotta watch out for those measley Clippers though, I think they're going to try and make a late run.
  15. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

Taynking at it's finest!
  16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

That was brutal, but it was nice to see Stuckey shoot so well from the 3 pt line(4-5). That is definitely going to help him down the road.

The Heat are a good team on the glass. Talent and/or name-wise it seems like the Pistons are better off than the Heat, but the Heat play together (especially on D) so much better.

According to the DetNews fans were yelling to bring back Curry last night.

Shocking to see Charlie V playing his best when the Pistons were down 30 in the 4th.
  17. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

We shot:
    39.4% from the field
    25.0% from the 3pt line
    63.2% from the FT line

while getting outrebounded by a 2-1 margin. You won't even beat a rec team with that.

PS: Those fans who were yelling for MC have short term memory loss.
  18. max

max All-Star

Zero chemistry. Worse yet JJ is delegated to 16 mins off the bench and Day plays in garbage time only. These players do not deserve that kind of treatment. Coach complains about lack of energy, so play some of your energy guys.

Why can't our guys come back from injury slowly like other teams do? Why do they have to charge in like a bull in a china shop completely oblivious to how their impact is hurting the team. Coach is clueless.

Where is this team going? Either going to have to go 26-11 to hit .500 or hope the current low seeds start losing a lot. Maybe it's time to start developing the young players more.
  19. Whitepine

Whitepine First Round Draft Pick Forum Donor

I love this term tayking, Ive been using it around the house today with good results- I just hope the wife doesn't trade me...:)
  20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

How else are we supposed to get a real PG (John Wall), or some athleticism on the wing (Turner or Wes Johnson).

Yup, more JJ, more Daye, a nice trade or two, nice high draft pick and VOILA!!!!