vs Memphis Grizzlies Wednesday January 27 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'January 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons vs Memphis Grizzlies

Wednesday January 27

7:30 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit Plus

Nat'l TV:

Radio: 950 WWJ

2. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

Epic beatdown.

3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Since the game's gonna suck, what shall we talk about in chat?

4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You mean besides food?

5. Walter

Yeah, besides food and Aurora's pick for hot-NBA-player-du-jour.

6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

lets pick Kimee'shot pick of the night. I say she will pick: O J Mayo

7. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I say after Dirk cut his hair, she is going to switch the UBER-SUAVE Marc Gasol and his lengthy locks.

8. Walter

I'm gonna go with Rudy Gay. Or maybe she'll throw a curveball and go for Darrell Arthur.

9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ben Gordon (groin) practiced Monday and could play Wednesday night against the Grizzlies, NBA.com reports.

Gordon, who said there's still some pain, is listed as a game-time decision, but he was able to get in some good work during Monday's practice.

10. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

Hope his shot is off after missing so much time, we can't afford to win this one.

11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Will Bynum didn't seem optimistic about playing after Tuesday's practice.

"I can deal with the soreness. It's the sharp pain I get when I make a cut," Bynum said. "I'm still testing it. ... I think the last time I came back too early and tried to compensate. I don't want the same thing to happen."

12. Walter

In other words, Q's gonna play Gordon 34.6 minutes tonight and BenGo will be MIA for another 3 weeks.

13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

14. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Omg stuckey just crammed on thabeet with authority,lol.

15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Pistons made a game of it in the 4th qtr leading 93-91 with 2:56 left in the game, but did not score again after that. :yellowprison: In fact the only player who did score in those last 2:56 minutes was Marc Gasol who hit 6 FT's and a hook shot for the last 8 points of the game as the Grizz avenged their first game of the season loss to the Pistons.

The Pistons are now 1-12 when Tay starts, and once again their first draft pick Day-Day gets wood splinters not getting off the bench.

Pistons got 30 assists...a positive, but no cigar. When is the last time we got two guards with double digit figures in assists?? Rip had 10 and Stuckey had 11...;.and still lost the game??

The bench actually did decent with Max, JJ and CV hitting a respectable 14-24 from the field, but hurt us with their 4-9 ft shooting. The Grizz were 26-28 from the charity stripe with Gay and Gasol going 17-19 and the Piston team going just 11-19. Wish we could have gone inside more and then hit the FT's too if we had done so. While Gasol was going to get an inside hoop in the end, we were shooting threes trying to catchup.

The Nets finally won their 4th game of the year (over my Clippers), so we just got a little closer to them....

16. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

30 assists on 40 field goals. Now that's a good ratio!

Stuckey tied his career high with 11 and his second double-digit effort of the season. Rip with 10 which makes 30 in the past 4 games for him.

17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Darn, close game. But a loss.

Still no Gordon or Bynum, so the only point guard we had was Stuckey, who therefore had to play some heavy minutes. Just maybe did not have quite enough in that last minute as he missed a key shot. Rip missed a few shots too there late after getting hot for much of the game.

You could question why CV came in for the last minute or so. If we wanted offense, sit Ben Wallace. As JMAX had been our top scorer for the quarter, and was defending up a storm, bringing in CV for him just might not have been the best move.

Someone might challenge me about having just one point guard available, if they actually think Chucky Atkins is a point guard. What he is though is a guy so short he can't guard anyone. And if you can't guard your position, you really can't play that position. Time and again other Pistons came over to help out Atkins only to see the guy left make a shot. Dumars absolutely should release Atkins today, and be done with that chapter.

Tay showed some signs of getting better. Bad decision though to play Tay that much. Slow down coach, let Tay come back a bit slower. It ain't helping the team playing him that much.

Daye did not play. Bad decision by the coach. Another loss, but no developing our top draft pick. In other words, nothing to show for the game. Just another loss.

No Summers. No Kwame. Gordon is still out with a groin pull, and Bynum is still out with an ankle injury.

Another player that ain't helping us a bit is Wilcox with his bad back. The only reason he should be starting is if it helps our post game. With his bad back he ain't got a post game. For now, move CV back to starting, and just let Wilcox concentrate on getting better. Just my opinion.

JMAX and Ben both scored points to go with their fine defense with JMAX having a particularly good game for him for points.

Stuckey drove in a lot, scored plenty. I think he should have drove in more in the end instead of the long rangers by Rip. Rip ain't quite ready for prime time with that shot yet. Rip and Stuckey each had double doubles with very few turns.

JJ did fine for the game, not great. I guess his highlight would be make off a post up vs. a guard. We used Tay / JJ as small forward / shooting guard for a spell. Not bad. Problem was of course Atkins was at point at the time. Not exactly the best light to put that setup in.

Here's hoping we get another point guard soon. We should be able to start winning games then. Of course, with this coach, he will probably try hard as he can to find ways to lose games even if we had everyone back healthy. Just like he began the season, with everyone healthy, and mucking it all up.

18. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Good writeup. Yep, Memphis was continually making their free throws,and you know if Rip is shooting well we ain't getting to the line any. Got to hand it to Memphis for making the free throws. Not to mention nearly any open shot we gave them. Just a lot of talent there from there starters.

19. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Rip 16 pts on 15 shots..Stuck 17 pts on 20 shots...Tay 12 pts on 15 shots. that just aint gonna cut it from your three mainstays. Tay also: 0 steals,blocks or assists. Useless. Overated. Done. All those years of never missing a game has caught up to him.

On a lighter note: VIVA EL PRESIDENTE!

20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thanks but you are still the master of leecaps and rotation analysis