vs Memphis Grizzlies Wednesday January 12 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'January 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. linwood

linwood All-Star

Both Hamilton and Billups became Allstars a few years after they joined the Pistons. More importantly, if you look at Hamilton's numbers in Washington, they are nearly identical to his numbers in Detroit. Same for Billups in Minnesota.

I don't hate Stuckey at all. In fact, as a Washington college player, I used to read about him in the paper all the time. I was pretty excited when Joe drafted him.

That being said, I don't think Rodney will ever be much more than a 15 and 5 guy. He's not Willie Green, but he ain't Dwaenye Wade either.

Back when this forum was caught up in Darko fever, it was really hard to appreciate anything that the kid did, because the second he had a good game, he was the next Moses Malone, and every single mistake he made was blamed on the coach, his team mates, splinters in his butt, being foreign, conspiracies, and on and on and on.

The truth is that Darko is a big, athletic center with great shot blocking skills, decent fundamentals, and a huge sense of entitlement. Sometimes he does great things like rip his jersey off Incredible Hulk style after a foul call, or score two points for the opposing team during a jump ball.

I feel the same thing is happening with Rodney. He's a decent player. Not bad, not great, but decent. But I swear I can't enjoy his "Darko Moments" of running head first into 3 defenders without reading about the coach, or his selfish team mates, or any number of excuses for the kid.

Rodney is strong, fast, and super athletic. It seems like he might need glasses, because sometimes his drives remind me of Mr. Magoo.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't feel Willie Green gets enough respect.
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No doubt. I'm sure the Supersonics still regret trading him after drafting him in 2003. Who did Seattle get in return? Paccelis Morlende.

Even when Willie was traded in the big blockbuster last fall (traded by the Philadelphia 76ers with Jason Smith to the New Orleans Hornets for Craig Brackins and Darius Songaila), did Willie get the publicity that he deserved? No.
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

YouTube - Mr Magoo Opening Theme

[​IMG]
  5. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Willie is a Piston killer.
    If he could play ALL of his games against the Pistons, he'd be in the HOF.
  6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Whoa there, I have to disagree with you there (or agree with Linwood). I watched A LOT of Orlando games when Lewis was there. He did have his games, but he stunk up the joint just as many times. The rest of his games were mediocre; think Charlie Villanueva without the rebounding. He never even approached the level he was playing in Seattle and he completely disappeared in the playoffs.

If Orlando had Bass instead of Lewis the year they made it to the finals (and that punk Nelson stayed injured another two weeks), Dwight would already have a ring now.