vs Memphis Grizzlies Wednesday January 12 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'January 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I don't see how you can compare the 2 groups. Tay has earned his starting role. Stuckey has been given his.
  2. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I agree they didnt do enough to get BG the ball, but I think some of that had to do with Lyonell holland calling timeout and his defenders playing REAL tight on BG face guarding him at the 3pt line. BG wasnt moving and neither was anyone else while Stuck had the ball, when they tried to force it to him it was a turnover, so do you continue to force a bad situation? or try to drive onb the D and see if you can soften it up? I like the idea...but the outcome was crap result.
  3. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

Stuckey started the game shooting 4-7 by mid 2nd quarter. From then on, he shot 1-8. IMHO..he shoulda been assisting in the 2nd half.
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

There is always someone on this team named, Stuckey, Rip, Bynum, Tay or even Kuester who for some reason takes the ball out of the guy who has the hot hands for their own self gratification. If Bengo, Daye, T-Mac or Mr. Charlie has the hot hand....please continue to feed until he goes cold.
  5. Ernie the Slow Adult

I thought Gordon was moving coming across the baseline through a series of screens. I could be wrong.

He could have scored from 10' behind the 3 pt line at that point in time.
  6. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

I don't hate Stuck. I just hate Stuck as a PG.

All I know is that I cringed last night every time I saw the ball in Stuck's hands. It's like knowing a train wreck is coming before it happens, and that is worse than if it happens by surprise. :D

He should never run the point. He is a 2. period.
  7. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Gordon is perhaps the only Piston that can create his own shot. Stuck shoulda freaking HANDED Bengo the ball if that's what it took to keep feeding the hot hand.
  8. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Was at the game last night and to be honest; BG looks very disinterested. I am not sure if that is just his playing style but he does a lot of standing around. Part of the reason he doesn't get a lot of shots is because he doesn't move to get open.

Did he have the ball in his hands alot when he was tearing it up in Chicago?? It is almost like he is not sure what to do when he doesn't have the ball. I get the feeling he was given the ball early in Chicago and made his own opportunities to shoot. That is not what we are trying to do here and I think it is effecting his game. I think this is the other reason he is much more successful shooting when he puts the ball on the floor rather then catch and shoot.

He is definitely not a "constant motion" player like Rip or Reggie Miller.
  9. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I would agree with that explaination.
  10. Mr. Big Shot

Mr. Big Shot First Round Draft Pick

Yeah, good observation. Stuckey denied him the ball a couple of times actually. The dumbest one coming when BG faked to one side and run across the baseline, and finally curled to the corner on the three point line...passing lane available, had the hot hand...what does Rodney Stuckey do? Deny him and drive into the teeth of the defense, getting bailed out by a foul.

Rodney stinks. He is a bad shooter, has a low BB IQ and forces things frequently.

What really drives me crazy is when he is trying to finish in traffic...Instead of performing an up an under, scoop shot, or utilizing the rim to protect the ball similar to what Rose frequently does, he just runs into the opposing player and throws up garbage. It definitely isn't because he doesn't have the ability to either.
  11. LA Dre

Note to Joe and draft team....don't draft players from small schools in the NW that don't teach BB IQ
  12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

A direct result of playing in a mid major. In college at EW he was always bigger and stronger than his opponent and he has yet to adjust his game. Now I won't fault him too much for being willing to draw contract and get to the line- except that he still doesn't see angles, so he drives forward into a head on collision for a "no call" or an offensive foul. He's got to learn to make a guy hit his side, not his chest, and get into a guys arms before the defender can get them straight up into the air, in essence Rodney often ends up on the short end of the verticality rule.
  13. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Stuckey took two shots in the fourth quarter with Ben Gordon on the floor (1 for 2). He assisted on two of Gordon's three makes during that time. Seems to me like he was passing to him just fine. Stuckey took FOUR shots in the entire second half, and people like you will act like Stuckey was out there hogging the ball and stealing shots from Ben Gordon. You've got to be kidding me.

What a reach that was. Hate on Stuckey if you will, but you had better come with facts and not blatant lies.
  14. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

If Stuckey "stinks" what does that make Gordon? D-league material? Gordon sure was clutch last night when the game was already decided, I'll give you that much.
  15. LA Dre

I just wish all of the other Pistons would come on this forum and defend themselves like you do Rodney :MusicBigGrin:
  16. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Haha, I'd be a self-hater then, because the last thing I'm doing is defending himself during or in the immediate aftermath of more games than I care to admit to.
  17. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

This is a great point. Stuckey can easily be in the top 5 in FTA if he even slightly adjusted his drives into the basket. Right now it seems like his primary goal is to get fouled and if the shot falls in that's gravy. It should be the other way around.
  18. Ernie the Slow Adult

I was specifically talking about a 3 or 4 sequence stretch in my post. I was only writing about when he was the PG and not his entire quarter.

What I wrote were the facts as best as I can remember them. Stuckey looked for his own shot in lieu of feeding a red hot Gordon when he hadn't scored at all in the half.
  19. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Well, if you noticed, I addressed that stretch at the beginning of my post. Stuckey took two shots (making one) and assisted on two Gordon baskets in the fourth quarter, with him at the point and Gordon at the two.
  20. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was talking about when a teammate is hot and a player tries to get his own points instead of feeding the hot hand. Tay and Rip are as guilty of this as Stuckey.