vs LA Clippers Friday November 27 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'November 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 2, 2009.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

KG, Yeah man I'm with ya on Tay's time has passed... tough timing on the injury.... 100% ready to turn the keys over to Daye & Co.
  2. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I Still want Tayshaun in the team.. call me crazy but I think the guy can help us..

I prefer see Ben Gordon or Will B or even Stuckey traded..

We need true point guards (I still see Stuckey as a SG and Bynum has no court vision.. he just run the court, stop and shoot) and an important man in the paint (like Bosh or Amar'e or Brook Lopez or something liek that becouse CV is being a dissapointment SO FAR.. maybe in a few months he'd start to play better games)..

Anyone knows or heard about what Joe D is doing this day? What are his thoughts about this team?

Any conference with the media or chat or something like that?? maybe an interview?
  3. max

max All-Star

It's no coincidence how much better our record is when Tay plays and plays at his natural position.

Looking at the box. Wow, JJ had 22 points. CV shot 5-15, Bynum 4-17, Stuckey 10-24 ( which actually is not too bad for him. ). Overall team shot 39% for the game and were in it all the way to the end of the 4th Q.

So many near misses this year.
  4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Yes to Tay making the team better... yes to needing a "true PG"... IF this was about this year only
  5. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Agreed, this team is going nowhere this year. Tay improving the team by a few wins is not worth the price of stunting the growth of a few rookies who have already shown well in his absence. Joe would do well simply by moving Rip and Tayshaun for expiring contracts if he cannot find anyone willing to give some young talent in positions where we could use it (C in particular - Ben need a backup, and we need a solution for years to come)
  6. DesmoPiston

DesmoPiston First Round Draft Pick

OK, so we wan't Tay out now because Daye looks decent enough. Just like we let CB go just because Stuckey looked good enough. Tay is a solid NBA player, not clumsy, and has a pro's game. Don't get me wrong, I liked how the rookies are "trying" to play hard, but come on, watching Pistons game against clippers was like watching a pick-up game in a gym. Daye is no where near a solid NBA player, clumsiness is written all over his game. I think pistons should still be a decent team every year, not get into oblivion like Knicks, or the Pacers for decades, while they are rebuilding.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Des, the problem is the rookies never get better (see Amir, Darko etc) unless they actually hit the court. Tay is better off on a team that is competing now, than a rebuilding one. The other aspect is, he makes 4 times what JJ and Daye make right now, and those two can give us a decent 48 minutes defensively.

It's a tough call.
  8. DesmoPiston

Yeah, I see your point. For me, I just don't want to drive 400 miles to go to Pistons home-opener vs. OKC and walk out of the palace disgruntled... I want a watchable team every year, even if they don't make it to the Finals. I want to go to the place and be on the edge of my seat, and cheer for the pistons. I remember the days when Sheed shot 3ptrs and free-throws with left hand, just because he was bored during a multiple game winning streak. I was a little pissed, but felt good for the cocky-pistons ;)
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

How many times are we going to see those Jerebko/ viking superswedes this year on TV? :pound:It seems like it will never get old.
  10. max

max All-Star

They look like the same 2 guys every game.
  11. DesmoPiston

no kidding. They should get some sponsorship deals, if they're going to get that kinda air-time.
  12. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Yea, with you on this one. I wasn't convinced when he was signed (especially at the price) and have been very underwhelmed by his performances. He doesn't seem to hit the shots that really matter and is slow getting back on defence a fair bit too.

I like Maxiell in his starting spot and think he may reward the faith by continuing his growth that seemed to slow down last season and has only been seen in spurts so far this season.

Bit worried to hear this talk about Rip not being around at the games though. If the injury is pretty bad it's understandable, but he's an important senior member of the team and needs to be in the ear of the younger guys during the game, even in his suit.

All in all, there is a fair bit of discussion going on about positions and minutes for players, but unfortunately we probably need to wait and see a bit more. At the start of this season I was very on edge, but have calmed down a bit seeing the progress of the youngsters. Rip, Tayshaun and Gordon will change a lot of things when they come back and then Keuster can finally start to get a regular rotation going - a lot can be said for consistency in the lineup. Hopefully the injuries won't keep us waiting too much longer though.