vs LA Clippers Friday November 27 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'November 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 2, 2009.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ok here is my take on this game....miss the whole thing hangin out with the wife, but caught the last 3 minutes on the Clipper radio network as was not happy. The Clipper announcers however were happy as they pointed out that the Pistons had swept the Clippers for six straight years. 13 straight back to 2001

Got home and ran the DVR back on Clipper FS network back to the end of the third qtr to watch their version on the game and Pistons lead 74-73 when the game went black??? Then the programming switch to a Poker tournament.???...then after 10 mins, the poker tourney switched back to the game and instead of it being the clipper announcers, it was Blaha and Kelser with doing the screaming with the Pistons down 97-91. Looks like Fox Sports net decided to provide the LA market with the Detroit feed for few minutes and then finally the Clipper announcers came back on with about 50 seconds left in the game to cheer their team on.

back to the game....well we ran out of gas I guess??? Stuckey 10-24 shooting, Bynum 4-17.....They did handout 16 assists between them, but still that is a lot of shooting and a whole lotta misses

..Kaman who was 3-19 vs the Pacers on Wednesday was an in your face 11-13 tonight and Thorton according to the announcers went off in the blacked out 4th.

Well folks, with the injuries we are officially one of the worst five teams in the league with really only the Twolves, Nets, Knicks worst than us..and the Raptors and Grizzlies fighting to stink themselves...

Nice to see a write up on Tay's condition, but what about Mr Hamilton?

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Another good effort. We're just too banged up.

If Joe didn't get Ben in here, I think we might not have won a game yet.

It's pretty clear that Stuckey is better at the 2 than at the 1. But due to politics, this keeps Bynum on the bench and anyone but Stuckey starting at the 2.

The situation with the injuries and politics is really annoying but when the ball goes up, the play is enough to entertain me.

Fantastic game from Jerebko. If he's our replacement for Amir, Joe you're a genius.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Here is the kicker on Rip. Arguably Tay has the much more serious injury, but he is sitting sideline in a suit, in a special chair.

Rip is nowhere to be seen, even though he only hurt his ankle, and it's been 3 weeks now. BUT...

They managed to get Rip into a uniform, to film a thanksgiving puff piece thanking Detroit fans.

The whole thing is a gong show.

4. LA Dre

I saw the Thanksgiving piece but now I am wondering if that was shot last year or not....need to bring up the tape and see how his hair was cut.:sssh:

Have any forum members been at the palace and actually seen Rip out there on the floor in warmups??? Talking bout MIA...never has an ankle injury been so hush-hush with no real timetable of return.

5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

No excuse for a network to miss showing most of a 4th quarter. Not even a sound feed for us. We did get to watch the last few minutes. JJ hit his 4th 3 at that point. 22 points for Jerebko.

Ben Wallace was amazing on defense. 16 boards, a ton of plays where he made a difference.

Gordon, Rip, and Tay all out injured. Apparently Gordon will be back soon, maybe Sunday.

The first half looked pretty darn good. Nice rotations. The 2nd half? Did not look so good. Foul trouble on JJ was answered eventually by putting Atkins in the game after Bynum came on initially for JJ and got into foul trouble himself. Atkins did hit a triple, and the team made that stretch look good by pounding the boards for several offensive rebounds. But still, Atkins is no point guard.

But why automatically go to Bynum? Didn't the coach realize that Bynum already had 3 fouls? Summers could have came in. We could have continued to go big. I dislike immensely seeing Atkins taking minutes where instead we could be giving some youngster some minutes to learn the game. Playing Atkins is a deadend move. Dumars paying his buddy good money to muck up our roster is just not cool.

JJ's game overshadowed Daye's 13 points, a career high for him in this, his first start. Daye looked good shooting the three, and looked good finding his own closer in. I don't see much of anything I don't like as far as him playing at shooting guard. Indeed, I can't see at all how Gordon returning - and Daye then playing less, can possibly help us. I say go with Daye and Stuckey the rest of the way. Guys like Gordon, Rip, and CV, could all be coming off the bench giving us quite a scoring punch off the bench.

Did I say CV? Yep. Lets start JMAX and Wilcox up front. JJ at small forward.

Our bench could be Bynum, Gordon, Tay, CV, Ben Wallace. Where to play Rip?

Why am I talking about shaking up the rotation? We are losing. Game after game. Time to try some other combinations of players.

JMAX had a pretty good game. Considering CV's shot was off, I can't see why he played major minutes while JMAX sat so much. And no Wilcox, and very little Kwame - while Ben Wallace gets overplayed. Ben did a ton in this game, but he is not getting any younger. Watch those minutes.

Getting tired of finding silver linings in losses. However, Daye played starters minutes and did very well. JJ had a breakout game after being coached by a teammate about being ready to shoot since he is open so much. Still bad shooting overall - but Will and Rodney both dished out several assists tonight. Better. I am sure Bynum is not all the sudden healed. Probably playing gimpy and it was showing in his inability to get to the basket tonight. I see Mike Wilks got picked up, a guy who is actually a point guard.

Daye got a couple of his baskets coming off screens and catching and shooting. Nice to see that around here again. And Daye does it with such height - who is going to stop his shot if they do get thru a pick? Hopefully, we will all see a lot more of that. Hopefully in a win.

6. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

It's pretty bad when the Clippers beat you at home. How bad are the Clippers and how down is the league this year? Well, that is another thread.

Stuckey got points but still a low shooting percentage. Notice no threes and only one free throw.

Bynum is coming back to earth and the league has him scouted. He is not a real point guard either.

Kwame should have played Kamen because of his length.

JJ and Daye are promising rookies but they are very raw. But they will be players in this league. Good draft.

CV has been disappointing lately. He seems like more of a sixth man than a starter.

Hey, Toronto is sliding, Bosh may well be available by summer. But I really want Marc Gasol.

7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I've never understood the fascination some people here have with Kaman, but I must admit he was very active tonight and looked good.

Roscoe, I agree with you about what the Pistons record could be without Ben.

I was getting the Pistons broadcast on LP when the glitch hit, but when it returned I had different graphics and what appeared to be a more local, less homogenized coverage.

8. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Ernie, Kamen will score big against poorer teams but does not hold up usually against good teams. I would have like to have seen Kwame with some length on him. Kamen is not much defensively.

The guy I would want for center is Marc Gasol. I wonder if Memphis would be foolish enough to let him go? Bosh will be available the way Toronto is going but the Pistons would still need a center. Of course, don't know the money situation on Bosh.

9. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Marc Gasol a better defender than Kaman?... um

10. max

max All-Star

Figure we are down our 3 best players on a team that probably only would have been a few games over .500 so winning any game now will be hard.

My main concern is once a culture of losing sets in its very hard to shake, even when the guys do come back.

- I agree about losing their feed for most of the 4th Q. At least give us an audio like the other station used to do. Total amature hour there.

11. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

The best part of this game was Jerebko hitting his shots (may be the first time this year)... hopefully this will give him the confidence to keep it rolling.

This may not come out right but I think this has been a very successful season so far... the rooks are on the fast track and we may end up with a lotto pick....
    Now if we can get a nice expiring deal all of the peaces will be in place for a big summer... sounds beter than false hopes and another early exit.

12. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

JJ and Daye have been very impressive. Daye seems like he'll be able to get his shot off against most any 2/3 in this league. Just so much length, and the stroke looks pure. I think he's going to be a scorer in this league. Maybe not to the degree, but a Rashard Lewis type.

Nice to see Jonas have a breakout game as well. If he gets some confidence, and we get BG back in the lineup, we could win a few games. I just hope Joe figures out what he's doing with Rip and Tayshaun.

13. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

6 of them were defensive rebounds

14. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I watched some of the Memphis game last night, M. Gasol is a good player. Fundementally sound, always in the right place. Played Oden and Aldridge well. Rolls to the basket well and has great hands.

15. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

So ... are we officially a rag-tag team?

16. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

NYPiston, right. Marc Gasol is a big body in the middle with some mobility and some skill. He stays in the middle too. Joe undoubtedly needs to be looking around the league for a Gasol type of player. Young, undervalued, and on the rise.

17. LA Dre

I watched that game too as I could not believe the Grizz had a 20+ halftime lead on the trailblazers and just knew they would blow it, but Gasol looked good in crunch time with his passing and even Thabeet had a breakout game and the Grizz held on to win in Portland. If Thabeet improves over the next few weeks, then maybe Gasol will be available.....

18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Yup. A lotto pick and a Free Agent pickup, or a __________ for Tayshaun Prince trade. Tay is the player we need to trade NOW! A 12 PPG SF who is about to start hiting his injury slide, his value is as high as it's going to get right now.

Question which happens first, free agent signing day or the draft?

Another Question, who's the best projected PG in this years draft?

19. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I found more excitement and joy in the game last night than I had in 2 years watching the Detroit Pistons. The excitement of watching JJ and Daye begin to grow, and how Stuckey begins to shape his career. I'm enjoying the season. I dont even care what the record is...we have building blocks in place, and that's how I'm looking at it.

20. baller

baller First Round Draft Pick

I think that the pistons played more like a team than they have done so far this season. The abscence of natural scoorers forced them to pass the ball.

Had it not been for Jerebko and Daye steping up this would had been a 20 point loss. But if we can keep this cind of game when Gordon and the rest returns the wins will come.

Btw.. AMAZING game from JJ! I told you all that he has the capability to score. It may not look as pretty as you are used to but thats not as important in Europe ;)