vs LA Clippers Friday December 17 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'December 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. max

max All-Star

I think we really have to make some kind of move. Any kind of trade to bring some interested back to this team. This season is toast, only thing we have is some hope of improvement going into next season. Something.

Was this game the one that finally convinces whoever is holding back to pull the trigger? At this point something needs to be done. Some new roster needs to be brought in.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Clipper announcers only echoed what has been whispered Loudly around the league for the past two years.....Joe rolled the dice thinking that "Stuckey was a Billups clone who could pass and shoot and sent Billups packing only to find out that Stuckey shoots first and then he "thinks" about passing..after the fact.

In other words in Joe's storied career, he's made two blunders-, first drafting Dorko and keeping him on the bench and then trading CB for AI. The perennial ECFinalists have gone down hill ever since.

3. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I do find it funny when people mention Billups, and how that trade has ruined the franchise. Do they really think we'd be good with his 35% shooting and 5.4apg, and 2.9 TOpg? It's as if they think the Pistons would magically find a time machine and teleport to 7 years ago if he were here today. Swap CV and BG for Billups on this team, and we're still a horrific team up front that plays no defense, and has a terrible coach.

And nothing against Rip and Tay as individuals (they are fine players when they have a great group around them), but I can't wait for the day when the curl-off-screens and the 15 second iso from 20 feet out are no longer a part of the Pistons' playbook. That must be about 80% of the plays Kuester runs.

4. copper

copper Bench Warmer

YESSSSS...you typed it before I thought it..:MusicBigGrin:

5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Rip was right there with him last night. I was expecting to read the papers this morning and hear that something was wrong with Hot Rod. He was unusually bad and looked woozy out there.

Lol, you're killing me!

I can't be alone in thinking that the Pistons are one of the most boring, least exciting teams in the L. CCG is a high flyer on this team.

You forgot to mention spending the cap space on Gordon and CCG. I think that's 3.

I think we got some major homers on here if they think Grffin is flopping when he gets hit. He goes all out when he gets the ball which is why he reacts like that when he is hit.

What's impressive to me is that he does not stop going hard to the hoop when people are laying him out.

He is a beast! There were a couple of times last night where he cleared people out with his back after getting a rebound just by lifting the ball over his head.

He had 17 boards last night but he won't get a lot of love 'round here because 11 of them weren't offensive. His 14 defensive boards were far more impressive.

That 360 was as good a in game play as I've seen. Regoddamndiculous.

The Pistons got booed twice by the military.

Mason told the crowd to remove their hats during the anthem then Automotion stood front and center on camera with their Santa hats on. No wonder they booed.

6. pgrnpacer

pgrnpacer First Round Draft Pick

- Keith Langlois

Wow.....even the Pistons writer for pistons.com can't contain his opinion that the starting 5 needs to be changed up. Not Monroe but the other 4 anyway....maybe not Stuck either...dunno.

Even CV taking pot shots at the starters LOL.

-This post sponsored by #startgordonanddaye.com

7. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Awesome Charlie! :pound:

8. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Either Stuckey was sick last night or he just flat out quit. Since nothing has been reported to suggest the first, I'm going to say it was the second one.

9. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I admit the kid plays hard, but are you seriously saying he doesnt play up the contact? Like when cv reached in with 2 hands and tapped him in the chest and his head almost fell off from snapping backwards...nowhere near making contact with his head or chin and he reacted as though he was hit in the forehead with a bat.( CV is no powerhouse by any means) Heck even Blaha and Greg were mentioning how Blake has quickly learned to sell calls to the officials this early in his career. Im not saying he doesnt play hard and that he sometimes doesnt get hit hard. What Im saying is that even when he doesnt get hit hard he gets shot out of a cannon. very manu esque. and for a big fella I have no respect for the flopping, if hes gonna go down low and bang when hes on offense and rebounding he cant act like that. Man up..if he does I would love the hustle and athleticism he brings to the game. Once his confidence gets up there and he can knock down the foul line extended shot? look out nba.

10. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

If Blake can't take a two hander by Queen Charlie The Valiant no one can.

11. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Move Ben to the bench and move Monroe to the 5 and CV to the 4 in the starting line up.

Got to stretch the floor and get another shooter out there. Seems like we start every game by spotting the opposition a 10 point lead in the first quarter.

Amazing to me that Del Negro had already put players on the bench and then brought them back into the game before Q had made one substitution.

Put Max and Bynum in street clothes and dress Summers and Daye for every game and find 10-15 minutes for each.

How long do we need to ride this three legged horse before we realize it just can't run anymore???

12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Real brief.

First team to let The Clips beat them on their home court.

Q made a critical mistake to end the 1st half by not bringing Ben Wallace in to check Griffin.

Q does not know what is going on, resorting to mass scale substitutions instead of trying to figure out what is going on in a game and what needs to be corrected.

The starters put us down double digits both halves. The difference? In the first half, the subs - with JMAX playing, got the game back tied up.

In the 2nd half - the subs seemed to heading in the right direction again - but then Q sabotaged the unit by inserting Bynum, who was thereupon abused mightily by a taller guard. (Some guy named Davis.)

Terrible coaching. No way we can't beat the Clips without a horrid coach practically looking for ways to lose.

13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Yes, if you were able to get to full speed in half a stride like Griffin can then you would go backward also if you hit something. There is a reason they are who they are.

CCG ran at him and shoved him with a follow through across the shoulders and chest while he was running full bore. Aside from someone suffering from paralysis, I don't know who's head wouldn't move in that instance.

Saying CCG "reached" on that play is trying to sell something.

14. copper

copper Bench Warmer

seriously ernie, did you watch the play? Charlie V 2 hand touched him and blake was nowhere near full stride, if the impact was gonna cause anything...it should have caused Blakes head to snap forward( simple physics) it wouldnt cause his head to snap back and then the follow through, there is no way on gods green earth that charlie frickin v can launch a (full stride) Blake off his feet and backwards with a 2 hand touch...hes not SUH. hes charlie frickin v. I understand you have man love for Blake, but come on...charlie frickin v??? if this is the case your man Blake is as soft as my mother in laws arse

15. Ernie the Slow Adult

You mean the one where Blaha said after, "When they show the highlights the next game of Blake getting bumped around they'll probably show this one.", followed by Kessler saying, "Yup."?

I just watched it and it was not as flagrant as I originally thought. I do not think he was flopping.

I do like Blake but, he probably is a little soft. You see what he said on Twitter after the game?

16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Billups now is still better than what we have, but I would have to hoped that both he and Rip would have been dealt by now with a better trade option than we got with AI's capspace. Ego's got in the way that MC season and we lost what umph we had when there was disarray on the floor trying to start Stuckey, Rip and AI. Having Billups at least one more season with Stuck as his backup would have pointed out what we all know now that Stuck couldn't cut it at the one and Joe could have went another direction trading for a younger PG instead of aging shooter.

17. copper

copper Bench Warmer

No I dont follow twitter, Im sure they will show it on his school of hard knocks video. and in no way am I saying he hasnt been hit hard by other players. However there isnt a single piston that was playing hard enough to even come close to hitting him hard enough for the euro flop reaction he gave on that. Heck Max banged him in the post a few times way harder and there was no flop. I think George and Greg were saying theyll show the bump on the next one because the way he flopped it looked like a real impact. But like you said if you go back and watch it, cv barely hits him( charlie is soft and he barely moves when the impact occurs) but Blakes reaction ( head snapping away from the impact instead of forward) and him launching backwards....come on..Ben would have a hard time getting that reaction if he intended to.
    Blake is learning, and Im sure its at his coaching staffs suggestion. to sell every bit of contact as soon as he feels it. He has taken some hard hits in the past and Im sure they fear he will get injured if he continues to recieve them.

18. Ernie the Slow Adult

I originally wrote what I did thinking what CCG did was way worse than what I just saw. (The Twitter remark was a shot at Charlie Garbage.)

You keep saying that CV isn't strong enough to do that to him, but it is a matter of opportunity more than strength. I don't need to be stronger than someone if I hit them when they're not looking. He did go at him with a stiff arm(s).

Getting physical for CCG means playing with his hands for some reason instead of his body. I've never seen a player shove people more that him. He does some very un-coordinated things as a result of this. He knocked LBJ out of mid-air using the same tactic last year. I can't tell if he is dirty or dumb. I am guessing it is the latter.

Max and Ben hit with their chests and bodies which is why the results are different.

19. del

del Team Captain Forum Donor

Another dissapointing performance. After the lineup changes in the Atlanta game, I thought we may see something similar again.

Was amazed (although shouldn't be anymore) that in the third when the starters let it slip again and the four man substitution was made, Rip was the only one left in?! He was clearly the worst on the floor at the time, taking bad shots and making poor defiensive errors.

Have to say though too that I've been pleasantly suprised with McGrady so far. Apart from the fact that he's actually healthy and playing (hope I don't jinx that now), he is playing the facilitator role well and not going after his own shot like I though he might. Takes good shots when he does shoot too.

Hamilton could take a leaf out of his book - obviously he skills are waning, so he should to look at filling a different role.

20. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

A small mistake, but as you correctly noted, leads toward the discovery of broken windows: ones' signature is a fleeting moment that never gains momentum and a signature that erases that you matter.