vs LA Clippers Friday December 17 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'December 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Brap

Brap Starter

Call a F'ing time out. I am so damn tired of a team with Tay, Rip and Ben Wallace all on the court - it's stupid.
  2. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I agree.. but Stuckey has been by far and away the worst player on the floor tonight. He can sit the rest of the game for all I care.
  3. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I dont think hes been the worst. Hes pretty much on par with the whole starting unit.
  4. Brap

Brap Starter

We're awful tonight. Sometimes we're awful but not as embarassing. On a scale of 1-10 of embarassment, we're about a 13.

Put Summers in for god's sake. That's a kid we should be looking at - not a completely overmatched proven journeyman like Maxiell.
  5. copper

copper Bench Warmer

q is a moron, he has no business in the head chair. His lineups suck, he has no idea that just because you put someone in to start the quarter...they dont have to stay in the whole quarter. In game corrections are non existent. He should hone his coaching skillz in the high school league. We should be staring stuckey, monroe, bg, cv and tmac. bring in the others as needed. Monroe and cv may be slow of foot...but at least Monroe has solid hands and is learning. and cv actually was hustling and gettin some d goin tonight while the score was close.
  6. pgrnpacer

pgrnpacer First Round Draft Pick

The real question we should all be asking is whether we should give Dumars a second chance at the interview he had on Wednesday and published on pistons.com. This interview was typical Joe D smokescreen where he was given the opportunity to give positive outlooks for the players and team after an Atlanta blowout.

....thus far the seasonal pattern is holding steady. He should be straightforward and honest and just come out and tell us that we are doing our very best to tank the season for the number one pick this coming summer.

....playing max?

...playing Bynum?

....not playing the rotation that got us the win against Atlanta?

....Q an idiot or Dumars a Liar? When roations change Dumars says he gives the coach the go ahead to do what he wants. Bynum and Max have been playing minutes tonight before garbage time...so...they must have talked about this right?

Don't let Atlanta fool you. We are headed for the number one pick in the draft baybay. I am proud of our team not wasting the opportunity when it comes down to it.
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

At least our military personnel got a chance to see some exciting guys out there wearing red. The Pistons quit midway through the third qtr and even the reserves couldn't rescue this team as Clueless left the starters in way to long. The Clipper announcers even said that starters should be pulled at about the 7 minute mark of the third and are surprised that Kue has not been fired yet............:stirthepot:
  8. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Much love from Rodney after the game with more bear hugs. Really shows how much you care about winning, Rodney.
  9. LA Dre

The worst games of the season just keep piling on....The Pistons got BLAKED tonight and even when he sat on the bench the Clipper players were hitting from the corners and in the paint. Griffin had 7 dunks, he unveiled the TMac Twirl with a 360 degree layup...and slapped hi fives with the men and women in uniform in the court side seats. The Pistons were so embarrassed by the 360, that CV got flagrant foul and Q got called for a T probably because he yelled OMG or more like GD real loud...:)

Even the Pistons secretly went over to Clipper locker-room after wards to get Griffins autograph.

The Clips shot 57% from the floor as the Pistons quit and let them shoot at will with little defense in the second half as the Clips tossed in 58 pts in the second half and lead by as many as 28 pts before the Vinny pulled his starters. Clips had 19 turnovers and still won. Any bets that if they have 19 TO's vs the Bulls tomorrow they will lose by 10-15??

Somebody in the Pistons org>> take your pick> Rip, Max, Tay, Kuester, Bynum, Karen or Joe has to go....they go from the best played second half of the year on Wednesday to one of their worst second half of the seasons.

Both Stuckey and Bynum refused to pass...Bynum tried to make up for his sitting on the bench by taking shooting it the first 5 times he touched the ball...
  10. LA Dre

I read that BS. It was as if everything is OK in Pistonland and Joe has no care in the world. Time for Joe to go too.... and take his coaches with him..
  11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

In Dumars' interview he re-stated that any trade he makes has to be one that will improve the team. He's so jaded that it's unreal. Does he not realize that we're at a point in Pistons basketball where we're only going to get better by redeveloping a new young core of Daye, Stuckey, Monroe, CV and Ben Gordon, c'mon Joe get rid of the old, so the new/young can play us to a really good lottery pick as they gain experience.

There is no scapegoat here, the only thing you might be able to point blame at is Q not changing his 3rd qtr starting lineup, they showed in the first qtr when they dug an early 12 pt hole they had ZERO interest in fighting for a win in front of our service men and women who fight for our country.

Oh and Ben Wallace, JOKE, this guy is done, he has a good game once every 10 outings, he's too old and slow to bring what we need every night, put him in street clothes!
  12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

In the pre-season I almost spent some serious cash online to buy some Pistons tickets. I wanted to attend a game per month when they played on the weekends. I figured that since they suck there's going to be some great seats available as all the fair weathers will find other things to do, but I just chickened out when I should have clicked "Buy Tickets". Now I know why, they don't deserve a single cent of my hard earned money or anyone else's for that matter. This is a pitiful organization From the ownership, to the mgmt, to the coaching to the guys taking the floor every night. I'll continue to watch every game, post on this forum and argue Piston ball with real fans at the bars and barbershop, but they won't get a dime of my money this season, I will not affirm this stupidity with my financial support and advise others to take the same stance!
  13. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Here, here brother.
  14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Apparently there are no Stuckey-fans in foxholes.
  15. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I do not think that Dumars has only "tunnel-vision". He is most probably under pressure by owner to keep team PO worthy. Why? Because owner wants to sell attractive team - seat filling team. As we have seen, empty seats do not encourage potential byers - Illich has even backed off.

Current owner do not give a damn what happens once team has changed owners: keep this team attractive as long as theam is for sale.

in short: long term plans -rebuilding, etc, are totally excluded.
  16. Brap

Brap Starter

Actually, I think the delay in making a trade is for simpler reasons: it's hard to make trades - especially the trades that will bring back a valuable player at a position that we need (i.e., power forward). I'm sure we can get crap back at that position, but good players there are guys teams would prefer to hold onto, and might only let loose if they've got a really great reason to do so (i.e., take a major step up as a contender).

As we approach the trade deadline, making a trade will get considerably easier.

And man - we desperately need a trade.
  17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Dude, we're going to lose no matter what, this team just sucks. There is no trade to be made to make this team +500 playoff team, I've accepted this albeit begrudgingly, I wish the powers that be would. Funny thing is, the guy we should be drafting this summer, Kyrie Irving, is probably out for the season with a toe injury. I WOULD DRAFT HIM ANYWAY if he was available.
  18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

This is where I think you're wrong, other than Jason Thompson, tell me what PF or C is available or will even become available. I mean do you all really believe that players in the mold of Marcin Gortat are the players we should be holding out for?

I say, Get rid of the old so the new can play, let them get better, and we can draft the type of player we need and maybe trade some of our newly developed young assets for a Franchise type player.
  19. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

You want bad news? The Pistons are still only in line for about the 7th pick. The Pistons need a top three pick badly and one that they don't blow.

It looks like this is a major rebuild meaning the Stuckey era may not stay in place after all. The Pistons must start over.

This is a poor roster full of holes.
  20. pgrnpacer

pgrnpacer First Round Draft Pick

We are in line for 7th if the season ended today. But if you look at our schedule you will see how tough it is going to be to get a win for a long time. We just played against our "gimme" for the week... I can count on one hand how many potential wins we have coming up all the way out to February 2nd against Charlotte. We are headed for ping pong ball heaven.

Trading for someone even remotely decent is out of the question at this point....we have nobody that people want. Just give the vets away for cap space and picks and start playin the youngins that will put in the effort night in and night out. I want to watch someone that has something to prove. Claw and scrape out loose balls, toss their bodies in to the fourth row to block layups at the rim from the halfcourt line, force jump balls on 330 lb. 7 foot centers with an undersized 245 lb. 6-9 center with drive and passion alone.

I understand and have seen the statistics on how often a drafted player turns around a franchise. You guys have posted the statistics on here before. But it got me thinking.....if those picks aren't turning franchises around themselves....they are certainly producing hope and gaining value enough to then trade a couple of them away for that superstar that we so desperately seek.