vs Indiana Pacers Wednesday February 16 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'February 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

DaJuan Summers is shooting 60% from 3-pt-FG and 32% from 2-pt-FG. The numbers are very small, but it is certainly interesting to note.
  2. Brap

Brap Starter

Tay has to be traded. He's quoted in articles today that he wouldn't necessarily object, but that no trade if Pistons don't get fair value back.
    Nonsense and nonsense. He doesn't get to object. We're going to lose him outright this summer - as there's zero chance he resigns with us. Tay's done here. Take the best offer and move on. We should get something nice back for him, as he'd help any championship level team.
  3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I was fully expecting the Pistons to lose this game so I will not lament the lost 10 pt lead. Even if they had lost last night I would have given them credit for holding the Pacers off for as long as they did.

I don't quite get this quote from the article discussing Tay being open to a trade. It seems to imply that Kuester is belittling him in the post game press conference after he carried the team.

Pistons' Tayshaun Prince says he's open to a trade | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Did anyone watching the Piston broadcast of the Hawks game catch Eli Zarat coming back from break and not realizing his mike was on setting up the shot that was supposed to welcome viewers back from commercial saying something like, "OK, we're going to talk about the players realizing they need to listen to the coach now." Then showing a shot of the players on the bench during the timeout followed by Zarat saying, "Is anyone paying attention to him(Kuester)? There not even looking at him!"
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Q was actually pretty lucid in the poster last nite. Something to the effect, "Several guys have requested one on one instruction over the break."
  5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

You say, nice for a change, but Daye has done this in several games now. Nothing new there.
  6. BillLaimbeer

I see several high school teams doing this now. If they have an athletic, big man with a large wingspan, they'll put him at the top of a 1-3-1 zone. It can really wreak havoc on an offense.
  7. copper

copper Bench Warmer

no, he has a tendancy to stay back and jump towards his man as he shoots...which usually leads to fouling the shooter or the shooter getting off the shot. last night he was really sitting down in his stance and instead of jumping he was simply reaching tall with that 7'+ wingspan to distract rather than trying to block every shot. I think he has played well in spurts this season but last night is the first time I really thought he was putting it together and looked in control instead of catching up...if that makes sense? I know in my head what I am tryin to get across but Im not sure if it translates to the net.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

How bad does a defense need to be to allow that many dunks by the Pistons and that many points in the paint? Wow. They made us look like monsters in there. And of course, it went the other way too.

How can you have that many great offensive performances in the paint both ways? Typically, if a guy can dunk 4 times in a game, he'll be somewhat of a defensive presence, but not in this game.

And the dunks were really quite spectacular... by Villanueva, Wilcox, Daye and especially McRoberts.

Overall, very fun to watch, but it wasn't real bball.
  9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

We are talking about two different things. I am talking specifically about our zone where Daye is stationed out on top to use his height to bother their perimeter shooting. There is no charging out to the guy here, as he is already out on the perimeter. We have done this in several games, and it has worked great.
  10. copper

copper Bench Warmer

yes I understand the zone they are playing and his positioning at the top to disrupt the flow of the opposition. I was commenting on how he is now closing out under control and using his length rather than trying to jump/block every shot. I like the use of this style zone and his presence on the 1 in these instances.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's amazing to me how much tougher Tay plays in the paint on defense than Daye. Especially when it comes to pulling down rebounds.

Pound for pound, Tay is pretty tough. He couldn't have done the iron man streak if he wasn't mentally tough as well.
  12. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Enjoyed watching this game. Good write-ups already.

Whether Stuckey is a keeper is subject to debate, but when playing against smaller PG's like Collison he is a big advantage. Poor Collison got dominated by whoever he played on - almost felt sorry for him. But I got over that. :)

I was annoyed to see Bynum play so deep into the 4th Q. For every nice play he makes, he gives up about 2 selfish or silly ones, which either turn out to be major momentum killers for us - or momentum gainers for the other team. Too much one on one, too many jumpers with no passing. 10 mins a game is more than enough out of Will.

Loved Wilcox's game. Our energy, rebounding and defense all picked up when he was in the game. He could do well to show Monroe how to position for rebounds. Monroe can tend to get too far under the basket and more athletic guys just run in and jump over him.

Greg really does play under the rim, and every time I watch him get blocked or go for a layup instead of a dunk I always get frustrated and yell at my screen 'Just dunk it man!' :shout:

There were too many times where we played Daye at the 4. This is a mistake. When the Pacers made their run in the final few minutes of the 2nd we had Monroe at the 5 and Daye at the 4. The Pacers immediately waltzed into the lane and scored uncontested. This pairing gives us much weaker rebounding and D.

Gordon turns the ball over too much for a SG, but he went back to basics in getting some easy shots. Just 1 simple screen and a jumper from his favourite spot. Keep it like that. When he tries to do too much he gets into trouble. Simplicity is the key for Ben.

T-Mac is a good pairing for Ben. It means Ben can play on the opposition PG. I'm almost ready to take CV out of the rotation altogether. Give his minutes to Wilcox. I know Charlie is a laid-back kind of guy, but it's so hard to stomach watching his play when compared with the energy of someone like Wilcox.

Oh, and nice game from Tay. He did get jobbed on the final play in regulation but you know he will never get the call/s. As Dre said, it was a silly play call for that situation. Anyway, Tay played great making shots and sweeping into the paint. He should remember that he CAN score without needing to revert to his 20 second backdown maneuver.
  13. BillLaimbeer

Can you say "showcase"?
  14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Sure would be nice if the Clips would bite on Tay and send us Kaman.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We are terrible at showcasing. It should be at the top of the strategy list.
  16. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I'm all behind you on this. I actually think the Clips would be even more interested if Tay wasn't an expiring.
  17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I'd throw in our 2011 unprotected first rounder, Chris Wilcox's expiring AND take on Ryan Gomes' contract to get Kaman. Clips get a Psuedo All-Star SF, salary relief and a lottery pick.

Gordon/Stuckey/T-Mac/Kaman/Monroe
    With Bynum/Rip/Daye/JJ/CV coming off the bench.
  18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Prince for Kaman is a good swap, fo'sure. But, I still think that Kaman/Monroe is not a great front court. We really need to pair Monroe up with a low-post banger. I don't remember Kaman to be that kinda guy. Being the resident Clips expert, I hope Dre can chime in here, but it seems to be that Kaman and Monroe have very similar games.
  19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I'm more concerned that Monroe would not be a good fit for Kaman as opposed to Kaman not being a good fit for Monroe. Kaman earns his paycheck in the paint BTW, as GM develops that J, the two could be a nice hi-low post combination, Both can play Center and would make an idel front court mate with guys like JJ and Daye who can switch Forward spots on the floor.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Any reason for the hope that Monroe will develop a jump shot?

He's shooting in the low .200's now from outside the paint and about .550 from the FT line (where there is nobody guarding him...).

Monroe's FT% is much worse than Duncan's was as a rookie, and Duncan has a particular weakness in this area.

Wilcox is showing more touch with .267 on J's and .620 from the line- with decent form.

Is it just because he's a lefty or something? It is his general level of coordination? He airballed the last jumpshot that I saw him take.