vs Indiana Pacers Friday January 22 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'January 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You called it Walt.

Pistons jumped off to a 8-2 lead and played dead for the next 15 mins...only waking up near the end of the half with a 16-2 run that brought the Pistons from a 45-27 deficit to 47-43 that was quickly doused by two Pacer threes by Rush and Granger to send the Pistons to the locker room to lick their wounds being down 8 at the half instead of the 18.

I was watching the Hope for Haiti telethon and by the time I turned back to the game in the second half, it was a WTF happen!! 71-52 Pacers lead.. :yellowprison:

The Pacers had increase their lead back to 18 and by the end of the 3rd and I don't anyone in the palace felt the Pistons could comeback. With every two Pacer buckets, another Piston chat member logged off for the night.

A downtrodden beaten faced Quester finally threw up the white flag and brought in a brand new lineup including Kwame who had not played in a winning Piston game since December 12th and based on his first and only shot that fell two feet from the basket, we know why. One thing Kwame did do was get to the free throw line six times..something that Tay was only able to do once despite playing 24 mins.

Speaking of Tay, this was his tenth game he has played for the Pistons this season and we have lost all but one of them....winning only the first game of the season.

Of course we have to showcase him, but with him out there it basically stunted the play of Stuckey who was a cold 3-13 after having his best game of the season two nights ago and poor CV who was and even colder @ 1-9 shooting finishing with only 3 pts. Most of all Tay's replacement Daye, had to sit on the bench for most of the game after playing integral parts in the previous Piston victories...Tay scored 7 pts in 24 mins, Daye scored 6 pts in 7 mins. It was JJ and Daye who scored the last few pts in garbage time to make the final outcome more respectable.

Without Rip's 27 pts, the game would have been a blow out....well maybe it was....:sssh:

Difference in the game...Pacers hit 9 three pointers and we hit one...that is a 27-3 differential there.
  2. LA Dre

Playing two half injured players did not make sense to me either. If you beat a good team on Wednesday, then comeback with the same type of [STRIKE]lineups[/STRIKE] rotation until you are sure the injured guys are ready to roll. They could have come off the bench and showed their bad play and then been yanked instead starting them...

Guess we were playing to well and someone upstairs indicated that we needed to stay close to the Pacers, (for lottery picking order) so lets give this one away....:sssh:
  3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

YES!!!!! Those are The Pistons I know and Hate!!!! It's play like this that gets our priorities back on track, thank you Tayshaun "slow it down" Prince, Thank you Rip "Ball Hog" Hamilton, Thank you Rodney "can't finish/no court awareness" Stuckey, and last but not least-thank you John "spineless coach" Kuester. It's losses like these that will secure us a top 3 draft pick, keep up the good work fellas.

Sorry you wasted your hope tonight.

I KNOW!!!! Isn't it wonderful!

And that is what ticked me off the most about tonight. Not that he waved the white flag, but that he let the guys who put the team in that mess off the hook by taking them out of the game. If he had a pair, he would've made them finish the game and take their whippin' like men, don't make the guys who've been battling for you all season go clean up the mess the 8 figure salaries made.
  4. LA Dre

In the words of Ed McMahon >>> Hiyo!! :beer::nod:
  5. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

This is this year's team. Basically not a very good mix. The rookies are good but cannot win yet in the NBA. The vets like Rip and Tay don't fit.

Let's not let Stuckey off the hook. He drives right over and over and many times the outcome is not good. He needs a pull up jumper in the worst way and he needs to use it. When will he get it for more than one game at a time?

The Pistons are hopelessly overmatched on the front line from night to night. It takes herculean efforts by the front line to put the team in a place with a chance to win. Maxiel has a good game, then nothing. Ben is very good, then old and outsized. CV needs some serious coaching of fundamentals on both offense and defense. Watch other teams bigs. They don't just score on alley oops. Their bigs get the ball in the post and create a shot. Who can do that on the Pistons?

Atkins was plus five which is why I almost never look at that misleading statistic.

I am still leaning toward a high draft pick as the way to go. Rip is showing one thing: a contending team could sure use his scoring. They need to play Tay some so that he can be traded.
  6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

thats what yall get for not watching the telethon! hahahhahahahhahahahahaa
  7. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

Talking about Tay, i just read this on Det News:

"Prince, though, got into a shouting match with coach John Kuester and had to be restrained with 7:16 left in the game when Kuester pulled his starters and emptied the bench. The Pacers led 97-74 at the time.
    Prince did not return to the game. "

8. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Get this guy off the team. Mr. "Floats around the court" does not work when he's not being held up by 4 all-stars. Jerebko's activity and Daye's ability to actually have some semblance of an offensive game make Tayshaun useless.
  9. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

still, want to get something good for Tay - Tay has to get out of slump first and then play well.
  10. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

Let's hope Tay and Rip stay healthy, so that the Pistons can get back on track in their quest for John Wall.
  11. baller

baller First Round Draft Pick

1:45 into the recap you can see him barking at Kuester.

NBA.com - The Game Happens Here
  12. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Pistons just got Tayed! :)

The few positives in this game - the rooks. JJ:s showed alot of energy as usual and really got under Grangers skin (too bad it made him unstoppable) and seemed totally unaffected even thou Granger mouthed him big time. Iceman Jerebko. And we got to see some Dayelight in the end of the game too.

I wonder how many more points JJ would score with a passer like CP3 at the point with his movement. He keeps moving and moving but hardly ever gets the ball when he's open. (not thinking of the Pacers game in specific)
  13. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What was Stuckey thinking on that up and under? He plays like he is 5'7 around the basket, makes me sick.
  14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

:pound::pound::pound:LMBO!!! Those are my sentiments exactly.

All I want is an expiring, an expiring that we can waive for all I care. Tay is cheuled to make $11M+ next season, by the time you subtract Oberto's $3.5M, Kwame's $4M, that gives us at least $15M in cap space next season.
  15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Is it any surprise that the Pistons worst effort came on the heels of Sheed coming to town? They need to double wash the uniforms to get that stench off of these otherwise hardworking and likable young men.

Is it also a surprise that Tay disrespected the poor coach after Sheed stopped by? They never should have allowed him in the locker room.

CV must have gotten hurt in between this game and the last. That's too bad because he was getting on a role.

Hibbert looked much improved. Maybe they should do that Granger for Jefferson deal?
  16. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Pistons: 1-9 with Prince in the lineup
  17. LA Dre

And the one win was the first game of the season....if they want to catch up with the Nets, and get a shot at John Wall, they got to keep playing Prince....
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

19. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Anybody know what this was all about? Has anything been said or was it just brushed off as heat of the moment.

Watching the game last night and saw a little attitude from Rip. During that third quarter run when Portland called a timeout; Q was off the bench slapping hands with his team as they came off the floor and Rip snubbed him. Q went to slap his hand and Rip ignored him. Then Q grabbed his arm as he was walking by and Rip shook him off and went to the bench. Maybe all the trade talk is getting to Rip.
  20. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I LOL'd when they announced the All-Star starters and then put that graphic up on the screen that showed which guards were being considered for the reserves in the East.

...names like Rondo, Joe Johnson, Mo Williams, Derick Rose, Stephen Jackson Rodney Stuckey and Brandon Jennings.

All I could think of was that old Sesame Street tune "one of these things is not like the other"...