vs Golden State Warriors Sunday November 7 6:00 pm

Discussion in 'November 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Oh my...
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Another TMacism: TST = tore scar tissue
    I wanted to grade the players but Dre and Lee did a good job.
    Anyway GS started out hot but cooled on their 3s shooting only 6-21, .261.
    If they hit 2 more we lose. We shot .529 on 9 of 17. It got the job done.
    If guys aren't hitting their shots don't forget steals and blocks count.
    CV had 2 and BBeen 2 but CV was having a good game.
    Only Daye and Rip shot better than .500 but FTs count and all but GM shot those well. So my grades are:
    Tay B
    Day B
    BBeen B
    Stuck B+
    Rip B [5 turns]
    CV A-
    Bynumite B
    GM C
    TMac only 9 min
    BenGo B+
    If we had lost, all those grades drop 1
  3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Rodney Stuckey played with a focus and intensity that I've never seen in him. He was actually KICKING THE BALL OUT!!! I was amazed, shocked, floored!!!! I was Fred Sanford, "I'm coming to join you Elizabeth" shocked!! </p>I like what GM does on the court, he is waaaaay better than what he was in the pre-season, I predict that once he begins to round into a really nice ball player that he'll hit the proverbial rookie wall.

Lotto even did some good things last night!!!! There were only 3 complaints from me, (1)GM's inability to finish. (2) Tayshaun Prince's minutes, this was a night where he should have played 24 (not 34) minutes. When Tay's tired he ain't worth squat on either end of the court. (3) Will Bynum looks awful. He's doing a poor job of running the offense and his decision making has been horrible these last 2 games.
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I don't know Kgg, Bynum played only 17 min. He took 1 shot, got 4 As and Bs with one T [turn]
    Until some one can facilitate this O, we need his PG attitude.
  5. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

On the one hand that was great...on the other hand why has he chosen not to do this in the past? It's not that he can't he just won't.

It took a benching by coach Q to get him started so let's give coach some credit.
  6. Brap

Brap Starter

He hasn't had ANYBODY to pass to until now.
  7. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

while there are a few folks that go to overboard to say how terrible stuckey is, you tend to go to the other extreme..... yes your right, injuries were crazy last year... but there are always open shooters when he drove, almost anybody on this team short of wallace can shoot a mid range jumper and Stuckey once his head went down didn't even look to pass the ball.

Last night showed like somebody else mentioned he can pass the ball if he wants, well if he wants to make the PG spot his he's going to have to do that every game. He didn't do that in the first 5 games... what was different last night? was it sitting for a game after going into the doghouse? That's disappointing in itself.

Don't take me wrong, I am much more positive about stuckey then alot of folks.... but he does have along way to prove he has what it takes between the ears, he's got the skills..... will he use them?
  8. Brap

Brap Starter

The "will he use them" point you make is the key. I still think that competitors pass the ball a lot more to teammates who can make shots. If nobody has a hot hand, then why bother. I can get Stuckey is a lot more willing with better shotmakers on the floor than he had last year.
  9. Mr. Big Shot

Mr. Big Shot First Round Draft Pick

I was watching the game last night...and on one play, Rodney drove the ball inside, drew attention......and dished the rock to monroe inside who was fouled.

Its about time, and im happy to see Rodney realize that as great of a slasher as he is, he is going to draw a ton of attention. Just dish the ball, he did that tonight. Dished it to the perimeter a couple times too.

I know that getting assists doesn't merit good PG skills, but I thought Stuckey's decision making was great, and he did a good job of setting up the offense.

More importantly though, he was 4 rebounds and 1 assist away from a triple double. Do I see an arby's small curly fries in our future? At his best, Stuckey is just as effective as Dwade...
  10. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, when comparing Stuckeys best to D-Wades average performance.
  11. Brap

Brap Starter

I think Stuckey could be a top PG in this league. But I don't see him ever being another DWade - that guy is one of the all-time greats.
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

But if he dishes to the perimeter we lose PIP.
    He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
  13. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Searching for the &quot;D&quot; in Detroit
    Not true. Stuckey's actually played very well all season long, save the incident in Atlanta and maybe the Boston game. He's been kicking it out and getting assists.
  14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If the perimeter guy is wide open and he is about to get his shot swatted, he won't be damned if he dishes it. It's called playing the right way.
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I'm quite happy about yesterday's win. That team is better than most realize. Monta Ellis is unguardable and teams haven't figured out how to make GSW pay for playing with a small backcourt, they're truthfully a matchup nightmare for us, but we won!!! We played ugly ball, but we won. But that ugly ball can be tweeked a little. Oh and I almost forgot, Stuckey FINALLY ran a pick and roll!!!!! where he actually dished the rock to the player rolling to the basket, I darn near cried..........................I'm comin to join ya Elizabeth..........
  16. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Because, he can't win a single game in this league all by himself.

One of the attributes of a PG is the ability to know how to get various teammates going, create hot-hands on the fly if you will. A good PG generates opportunities to optimize the production of his teammates with the way he organizes and runs the offense. A good PG knows his teammates' strengths and weaknesses well, and knows what kind of offensive opportunities he needs to create to get each player going.

The he didn't pass a lot because the shooters around him sucked argument isn't a valid excuse for Stuckey being perceived as less than suitable at the PG position. If anything, it is a statement that supports that he hasn't been a good PG so far.
  17. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Sequels are rarely match the quality of originals.