vs Golden State Warriors Saturday December 12 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'December 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

The way Ben is playing I'm not sure if a good part of the MLE shouldn't go to him (3M)... sometimes you gotta reward dedication. One more year.

Bucks, I hear ya on the entertainment value of this team... we need to get out to some games and support the cause.

2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I was dreading this game before it started because I figured GS would give them nothing, but it was oddly enjoyable.

I have been waiting for Rip to return before really singing Kuester's praises. The Pistons reliance on Rip and his screens have killed them the last few years.

KGREG, you are not annoying me. I think you are 101% on point(on 2 guard?) about Stuckey.

CV can score. He has done well the last few games. However, on a team that is starved for front court scoring and players he is averaging 28 minutes per game (and this includes the 33 he played in the most dominant performance by a Piston big in 20 years) and the coaches don't seem to have any problem not playing him during key stretches of games. He got posted up by Corey Maggette. The next rebound in traffic he grabs will be his first.

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Stuckey will probably lead the team in assists no matter which position we play him. He's a point shooting guard. Also, if Chucky was shooting a little higher than 30%, Stuck's assists would be even higher.

As bad as Chris Wilco has been on the court, he is a GREAT cheerleader. Maybe paid a little too much for that, but it beats seeing a pissed off guy on the bench after every highlight.

4. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Great game. If not because of the turnovers, we would have blown them out much much earlier. Being down only by 6 pts at halftime, I knew we would win this in the 2nd half because the Warriors were playing the back end of the back to back OT game.

By what surprises me is RIP still played 36 minutes despite not participating in practices that long, let alone competitive games. Well, he can start for all I care due to his ego thing, but he should slowly play himself back into game play by playing round 24 minutes, 30 minutes the next and so forth.

I really hope he doesn't play beyond those minutes when he has regained his full game fitness. 36 minutes should be the max minutes Q should play the 'stars' when they are all healthy.

5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

This is quite a surprise for me. I'd figure he'd be the captain of guys who've checked out.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agree here JZ...with 5 guards on the squad who can contribute (and probably) four dressing when all are healthy, we still should be able to limit his minutes to 30 mins and allow others to mature into their games.

7. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

I was thinking the same thing last night haha.

8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I still say Trade Rip...he did nothing last night to show he's not good trade bait.

9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

When Prince comes back, there is NO way we can play with a 5 guard roster.......

I really dont want to see one of our rooks go to the NBDL but they are gonna need MINUTES....

You cant have a 5 guard rotating roster. Priorities are 1. Stuckey 34mpg 2. Rip 32 3. Gordon 30 4. Bynum16 (and only in 3 guard offense moments) 5. Atkins ???

I still cant believe how coaching makes more of a difference than peopel give credit for-where it counts most-IN THE LOCKER ROOM. Coach K has my respect. Micheal Curry...sheesh!

10. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Five straight. Six of 7. I did not like us going to small ball so much. But just when I was totally fed up with it, Q went with Atkins and Daye in the backcourt, with JJ, Maxiell, and CV up front. And going big, as usual, worked.

After Daye got just a sniff of action in the first half, he got important 2nd half minutes. JJ still started. He did not come back in for the first half after starting the game, but played plenty in the 2nd half. So we got a win, and two rooks still got developmnent time.

Rip came back, looked rusty to start but ended up knocking down a triple and a short jumper to begin crunch time. 18 points was just 3rd on the list.

CV sure looks like the right kind of player. He ain't just floating around the three point line. A whole lot of driving toward the bucket, or posting up, and getting 24 points worth of results. Stuckey was pretty awesome, several assists to go along with 29 points. A lot of that was too the hoop, but he also showed a wicked short jumper off the dribble in crunch time. In all we whooped GS in paint points totally.

Atkins did ok. We did drop way back to start his first stint. But Kwame was in there being pointless. (No one who needed guarding by a big center. Kwame did make a pair of buckets when left unguarded at the hoop. Missed 3 of 3 at the line.

JJ looked good rebounding. Daye had that one nice short jumper off the dribble against the shorter Curry.

Kudo's to a Flint guy for getting the Heisman.
    GO Pistons!!!!!

PS, and oh, JMAX and Ben just played find D. JMAX scored some too and Ben made a nice pass here and there.
    lee357, flint, mi

12. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

A 'used' post! Guess we know where lee's REAL priorities lay, dont we??:pound:

13. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

The way I look at it; we have a team full of combo guards that can pass and score. Do you really NEED a point guard in today's NBA??

We have 4 guys that can handle the ball and are a triple threat any time they touch it.

14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Kwam is a teammate, it's good to get him some "unfetterred" work. Looked like he was having some fun.
    -
    Rips dribble *penetration* is a turnover waiting to happen.

15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

YES! The record and the play of the team speaks for itself. It amazes me how obvious something is yet folks refuse to acknowledge it, but then again we still have folks that think Darko was the 2nd coming.

16. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The second coming of who? God Shammgod?

17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Lakers are probably the only team that can get away with out a true PG...Derek fisher is just there to spot up and throw in the occasional three pointer or long range 2.

Kobe and Lamar will normally bring the ball down with Odom being the primary facilitator. But since they have weapons of mass production who needs a true point?

18. Delfino Delivers

Besides the dominant center; I think we can compete offensively when we put our ten best against theirs.

Call me crazy!:nerd2:

19. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

CRAZY!!! :MusicBigGrin:

20. Delfino Delivers

Maybe just a little too much Piston-Aid for lunch.

I am excited to see what this team can do the rest of the year. If the youth keeps developing and the minutes are managed correctly of our studs...