vs Golden State Warriors Saturday December 12 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'December 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons vs Golden State Warriors

Saturday December 12

7:30 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit

Nat'l TV:

Radio: 950 WWJ

2. roscoe36

golden

3. HarryFWong

HarryFWong First Round Draft Pick

Det 106 - GS 100

4. roscoe36

5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Rip's back. I looked at him warming up and looked at the TV screen like a baby mama, looks at her baby daddy, when he's 17 years behind in child support, WTH do you want? and why are you here!!!!

6. roscoe36

Another great Pistons win. Good stuff.

I thought despite all of the turnovers, against a team that forces a lot of turns, we played a really solid game.

Rip was pretty rusty, but he did hit some shots. Another great game from Charlie, Ben, Stuck and Martin Atkins.

7. bekzen

bekzen Second Round Draft Pick

i saw only the second half, to many TO´s but we win :-) i´m happy about rips comeback and hope he will get his shooting routine back. NICE 5th win in a row! GO PISTONS!!!!

i hope i´ll see you soon in chat at the new orleans game, because the houston game i can´t watch! ;-)

8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons win 104-95 for their 5th straight win and at 11-12 this is the closest they have been to .500 since the third game of the season when they were 1-2.

The Pistons seem to trail most of the game and finally got over the hump with a stellar defensive effort in the 3rd quarter when they held the Warriors to only 12 points and took a 4 pt lead into the 4th. The pistons held with some clutch baskets and turned back the weary Warriors who had played an OT the night before.

The big news was the return of Rip Hamilton who in the first was obviously rusty as he could not affectively run the fast breaks when he stole a couple of balls. He did hit a couple of buckets down the stretch including a 3 ball and finished with 18 pts, 3 steals and 3 TO's. The 36 mins was probably to much for him..luckily he didn't over extend himself and get hurt again as he was getting up off the floor on every other play.

The other masked man, CV continued to be deadly off the bench popping in 24 pts (and 9 brds) so it looks like we may have two hi scoring masked scorers.

Once again it was Rodney Stuckey who lead the Pistons in scoring with 29 pts and 7 assists. However he also contributed to the negative with 7 of the Pistons 22 turnovers. Those 22 turnovers almost cost the Pistons this game as the Warriors seem at one point in the second qtr to score off everyone. (In actuality they only scored 27 points off the turns, but did build a 13 pt lead in the second on the combo of TO and bad Piston offense. Chucky Atkins re-entered the game three qtrs of the way through the second qtr and the Pistons erased that big lead and were only down 6 at the half. Atkins finished with 6 assists.

Not that much from the rookies tonight, but all contributed to the win.

Warrior Iron Man Monta Ellis who played all 48 minutes and all 53 minutes in last nights Warrior OT loss, matched Stuckey's game high 29 pts.

9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This game must have been an interesting one. Glad to see we won in Rip's first game back. I don't think I would have been able to handle the [SIGN]RUN RIP OUTTA TOWN[/SIGN] bandwagon that would have gotten jumped on if we had lost.

10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Niiice... twiiice

11. roscoe36

Rip was rusty, and I complained a lot about how he was too good to be sideline, and too good to work his way back onto a team in a streak from the bench, but in the end, he made some clutch plays down the stretch.

We still have a problem, because our best PG is our 5th guard, and with Prince and Bengo coming back, we're going to really be hurting to find minutes for Chucky, let alone Bynum, without sending JJ and Daye to Siberia.

Coach's problem to sort out, but I will be furious if Rip and Tayshaun go back to 35+ a night. Win or lose, I don't want to see old Pistons eating up the minutes this year just to satisfy their egoes and sense of entitlement.

The biggest improvement on this team since the start of the season, has been their ability to defend, especially coming off one or two days rest. The defense with Max and CV has really tightened up, and Stuckey is carrying his share of that load as well.

Anyone want to talk junk about CV? He might not be a very good defender, but man can he fill it up. I can't remember the last Pistons big man who could score like that, inside, with both hands.

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You have to wonder if Rips' ego put him in the starting lineup. For someone who had not played in six weeks, you'd think both he and the coaches would ease him in off the bench, especially with the way Atkins has settled down play this past week. 36 minutes were really testing his "player in the best shape" status...:sssh:

They interviewed Charlie V and he said will play wherever and whenever the coach wants him to, so coming off the bench is fine with him. Imagine if we had him, Rip, Daye and Gordon coming off the bench every game??? There would never be any lulls in scoring and we possibly out point every teams second unit....

13. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Micro, exactly on CV. The guy can flat out score. A team needs scorers in the NBA. Defense is important but a team need scorers and CV is just that. You can't win games 75-70 in the NBA these days.

14. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Rip is a warrior. Whether he stays or goes by next year, he is much appreciated.

I thought we missed Gordon against this team. They sagged often and he would have 3 bombed them into submission.

The point guard play was spotty. Did like what Stuckey did at the end though.

Maxiel is actually showing some consistency. In the past, he would have a great game and then disappear. He has been steady lately.

15. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

[Kickin' dirt]... yeah yeah CV's pretty good.. arse is gettin' sore

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm going to suggest that we just saw the most dominating post-up game from a Piston big man in the last 20 years. CV scored 9 times in the post and/or paint and got fouled another 3 times. That's esssentially a dozen buckets in the half court set on the block. He has such incredible touch on those half hooks and turnarounds. On top of that, he tugged down 9 boards and he did it all coming off the bench.

As far as Rip, he was rusty, but man does he fill a role that this team needs... that every team needs. He scores from that mysterious zone where no other players even bother taking shots. They look easy when he does it and it's hard to be impressed by each one, but they add up. He was +17 tonight to lead the team and is +40 in his only 2 games this year. And if you don't count the Stuckey FT's when GS was intentionally fouling, Rip was our leader from the stripe.

Stuck is hitting his jump shot, making smart decisions, and becoming unstoppable. Not as many charges recently or forced drives.

Ben is being used 100% correctly. The coach is smart enough to realize that Ben CAN pass and really enjoys it too. The play where he is getting the ball at the top of the circle and looks for cutting guards has been working all season.

Kuester is just doing a great job all around. It's like he doesn't even exist when I watch the games. Everything makes sense. Everyone is playing hard. The team chemistry seems amazing. And this is under the most challenging circumstances with injuries galore, losing streaks, rooks and vets meshing, and 3.5 capable shooting guards all occupying the same position.

This has been a pleasure to watch. My wish in previous years was that we would sacrifice a bit during the season to get the whole team involved and create a team atmosphere like the one we have here.

17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I account alot of that to him getting to play his natural position. When Stuck is playing the 2 he handles the ball and attacks from the wing at a totally different angle, and he's usually catching the ball with his defender trailing the play therefore when gets the ball the defense is often moving; at the 1, he's coming from the top more often and it's Charge City and too many forced drives against a set defense. I know I'm becoming irritating with this rant but it's so OBVIOUS that it ain't even funny.

Excellent Post, captures many of my sentiments.

This team is very deep, very talented and very vesatile, I think with a healthy - fully acclimated team we make some serious noise.

18. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

I love this team. I'm proud of this team. I love a team who faces all kinds of adversity (injuries) and keeps grinding it out for a win. I'm still in favor of either letting one of our guards go for a good center or keep an eye out for one in free agency. No hurry. It's not like we are going to be NBA champs this year. I think if we can pick one up in free agency without giving up our guys, that would be sweet. Not sure what that would do to our salary cap though. No doubt we would probably have to make room somehow.

19. yes-sir

yes-sir First Round Draft Pick

We will have the Mid-Level Exception(MLE) to offer at the end of the season, somewhere around $5.5 million per. Could pick up a nice player, not sure who though. Any ideas? Way to be off topic :MusicBigGrin:

20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

-
    resign BBen at better pay first.
    let's wait til this team hangs around .500 for a couple weeks before we gush all over the place.