vs Denver Nuggets Wednesday January 26 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'January 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

CB insulted Bynum hard. :dizzy2: :Cry:

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The streak is over as the Nuggets beat the Pistons at the Palace for the first time since 1995.

For all the 17 pts that Bynum scored down the stretch, it didn't matter if Mr. Big Shot was shooting threes over him and got 14 himself to snuff out whatever Bynum was doing. ...... Bynum worked for his burning clock and Billups shot his effortless and many of those 4th threes were all net.

I guess Billups showed Joe....how good he still is when he wants to be...or is guarded by a shorter player.. There was no defensive adjustment in the 4th as CB made four threes before Q could even think about it ...

It was 92-91 Denver with 3:15 left in the game when Billups and Bynum started trading hoops and we loss by 9...:yellowprison: Oh by the way that other guy we gave away Alf made three 3 pointers also and scored 17 pts. I figure the game would have been closer of we could have entered the 4th tied or ahead if Stuckey had not been injured, but we let Mrs. Candace Parker (Seldom played Williams) score 13 pts and some scrub named Gary Forbes even burned the Pistons for 9 pts.

Daye and Gordon who scored 36 pts in the previous game only contributed 21 tonight as they missed key shots.....Tay wasted three possessions to open the 4th over dribbling and running the clock down where he rushed one failed shot, passed one to Ben where he took a not even close to the hoop fade away jumper and then Tay got 24 second violation on another possession.

This was a winnable game with Nene and Kmart out and Melo feeling bad about taking out Stuckey, but we blew this one.

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, Bynum's 19 points and 4 assists in 21 minutes was very disappointing. Billups proved why he makes 8 times as much money as WB.

4. copper

copper Bench Warmer

yeah he got points but he was trading 2s for 3s with billups, do the math and you can see its not a good idea. As well as he played on offense he was equally miserable defensively agains mr bigshot. This is where stuckeys size come into play on the defensive end. I was wincing when melo floored stuck with that illegal screen and saw him holding that shoulder that way...kinda staffordesque..

5. LA Dre

:goodstuff::cheerlie-GOAL:

6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

You guys are looking for someone to blame and there is no one, tonight 1 guy was not going to lose, give props where they're due because Billups was doing something we know he's capable of no matter who would've been guarding him. He seemed determined to break the streak tonight and we've owned Denver post trade and he wanted to do something about that.

Man someone should be prosecuting Melo for that illegal screen on Stuck, that was just felonious!

Told you all earlier Will plays his way out and back into the rotation like clockwork, even though we lost and even though it was his man killing us, tonight's performance just cemented Will back into the rotation, until at least the all-star break.

Austin Daye has some serious brain farts on the defensive end. Why on earth would you turn your back to Melo when he has the ball driving it right at you! That bone head play that lead to an And-1 was worse than all of Bynums fruitless defense.

CV couldn't rotate or move, but the way he was launching in the 2nd we had to try and let him give it a go.

The effort and execution was there from us most of the night, we lost this by giving up too many 2nd chances and allowing them to run too often on our missed (and ill advised) jump shots, every long miss lead to an easy bucket and allowed Denv to play this game at their pace.

7. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

The funny thing about the illegal screen on Stuckey was that it wasn't even called an offensive foul, and it was so blatant. I've never seen Stuckey go down like that, in so much pain. I thought for sure that that was a seperated shoulder and the end of Rodney's season. He's quite fortunate that it wasn't, but I've always kind of feared something like this happening. Rodney tends to have trouble avoiding making contact with screeners when he tries to go over them.

Rough loss, we could've certainly used Stuckey's defense on Billups late in that game, as he just raised above Bynum with ease time and time again.

8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I hope you get better soon, Rodney.

9. LA Dre

Yeah, I was going on to ask how you felt too?

10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

JIMMERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

This was just bad coaching. Sure Bynum hit some shots. I see Kgreg is dissing Daye again. It was not Daye who was 1)Abused in every way shape and form by Billups 2) The cause of our whole team scrambling everywhere trying in vain to cover for Bynum. We needed a taller defender on Billups once Denver made a firm decison to exploit the Billups / Bynum mismatch. If Kuester can't see something like that, he certainly should not be coaching the team.

What was Bynum in the game for in those last 3 minutes? To trade baskets with Billups? We certainly did not need him as a point guard - TMAC was in the game. If our coach was any good, Summers would have been out there maybe, or even Gordon - anyone but Bynum - the most impossibly mismatched player in the Gym against the likes of Billups.

This is typical Kuester. He knows that some fans will give him a pass for leaving Bynum in, cause Bynum did some good things there thru much of the 4th quarter - so he used that as an excuse to leave Bynum in. An excuse.

People with this many excuses - need to be fired.

12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Three-pointers: Mr. Big Shot holds off hot-shooting Will Bynum, Detroit Pistons | MLive.com

Not a great writeup. The writer dances all over the Bynum subject, never directly criticizing the coach. But he does note that Gordon was playing effective defense on Billups in this game. And he does note Bynum was getting torched by Billups. But he does not put it together for you. And by the way, its not like Denver tried everything to stop Bynum; mostly they put a big on him out on the perimeter, and Bynum managed to outmaneuver the bigger guy.

13. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Flat out ugly game that turned when Stuckey went down on possibly the most obvious offensive foul of the season. In the old days Melo would not have gone through the rest of that game on his feet. Denver did play with a little anger and a little fire though, something this Pistons team never seems able to muster.

Otherwise a pretty forgettable game except for the world's most lopsided guard duel down the stretch with the classic Billups closing. Actually I don't remember him doing it like this very often when he was here - 14 in less than seven minutes? When Bynum goes off like this though everyone just stands around and watches, including it seems Denver. Great flashes do not a great player make.

That was a fun Charlie V run in the second though - nearly matched Billups 4th.

14. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

That 4th quarter duel was pretty amazing. Will was hitting the mid ranger and driving at will. Incredible offensive performance.

If Chauncey would have missed a few threes.....

15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

There's not a coach in the entire NBA who would've pulled Bynum last night especially with his reputation of being able to score in bunches at will. Had it not been for Bynum we wouldn't have even been in the game late in the fourth, sure you could argue that Gordon was playing well and is a little bigger than Will defensively, but when a guy has it going like Will you play him and I dare you to go out and find me a coach who would do differently, I guarantee you that had we lost folks would be screaming, "Why didn't he leave Bynum in the game...... he was on fire...."

You need to score to beat Denver, you're not going to slam the door shut on them from the defensive end so the idea of putting in a defensive unit (who wouldn't be able to score on the offensive end) is nothing but an idea, and a bad one at that.

Denver made 11 triples to our 5 and had 3 more FG's overall than we did, it was a fun game to watch, we're 3 games out of the playoffs, if we can still say that when we get back from NY then we're right where we need to be.

And give Q credit, Monroe and Daye were on the court again late in the 4th qtr of a close game, that's a small victory in and of itself right there.

16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Where was Tay ? Did he tell Q to leave Thrill in ? Nuggs couldv'e beat us a number of ways but to let an exchamp have his way is like stepping face first into [excrement] fan.

17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Yes, or picture the reaction when Kuester subbed in Gordon for defensive purposes!?1?

Without Bynum scoring there would have been no need for Stuckey's size on D.

Billups is dead wrong saying that Rip is "Pistons royalty" and it is no wonder they shipped him out of town when they did. There is only player who is royalty in these parts and that person is Rodney Stuckey.

Chauncey Billups: Richard Hamilton 'Pistons royalty' and shouldn't be 'disrespected' | MLive.com

I kept expecting "The Streak" to strike the Nugs down at some point.

Big Ben played great again.

Gordon is rollin' now that Rip is out of the way.

The Nugs are a weird team. Melo wants out but they seem to like playing together. They are a run and gun type team but I was impressed with their defensive discipline on switches. They got some talent. If they could somehow pull off a Sheed like deal the way the Pistons did they could keep Melo and make some noise.

I was rapidly alternating between depression and anger by the end of the game watching CB and Alf and thinking about the direction Joe and the Pistons willfully chose. Bad, bad times.

Those guys are punks though shooting 3 pointers at the end of games. What's wrong with lowering your shoulder and plowing into someone who hasn't moved in 20 seconds? I also didn't see them double clutch on any of their shots last night. Straight up punks I say.

18. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

Didn't watch the game, but if Billups was shooting at will over Bynum why didn't they switch Mcgrady (assuming he was in the game) to cover him and leave Bynum on the opposing other guard (Afflalo?). Seems that would have been the easy coaching decision while leaving the hot shooting Bynum in the game.

19. copper

copper Bench Warmer

:sssh: dont tell anybody that a coaching move might have worked...this is strictly stuckeys fault.

20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Apparently Q told them to do that but for some reason or another they just didn't do it.