vs Denver Nuggets Thursday December 10 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'December 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Our streak over the Nuggets isn't just in Detroit. We have won 7 straight overall against them and 16-2 in the last 18 against Denver. Billups... 0-3 against his former team.

I thought Stuckey really defended Billups well on that last possession. He closed off his air space, making it nearly impossible for him to get off a 3 (which he wanted to) and forced him to drive left, which as you pointed out, is not a strength of his.

One has to wonder why the Nuggets didn't run that last play for Carmelo. We had no answer for him all night and he has one of the highest(if not the highest) % on game winning shot attempts. That's a head scratcher.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Stuckey matches up well against CB. He can't be outmuscled by him and he's tall enough to bother him.

3. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

True, but Billups pretty much had his way with him last year (scoring over 30 in both meetings).

Of course, Stuckey has come a long way defensively this year. Admittedly, I haven't watched everyone play this year, but if Stuckey keeps up this defensive intensity all year, he should have a very good chance of making All NBA defense.

4. SJAndre

SJAndre Second Round Draft Pick

I agree that Stuckey has made strides in defense, but i give him almost a 0% chance of making the all defensive team. Ahead of Rajon Rondo, Chris Paul, Chauncey Billups etc...there is no way he makes it, even if it is deserved.

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Stuckey was the best bet on CB to stop him...The way Billups was abusing Chucky, he would have faked him out and stepped back for a three and hit it .. game over/case close. He probably would have shot over Bynum too. Rip would have hugged and kissed CB first to assure that he stopped him...:)

...by the way did anyone see Rip come out and hug Billups before or after the game or was he still sitting in the locker room hot tub watching the game?

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He is 2nd on the team in defensive win shares after all. And that stat don't lie.

7. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I could see him losing out to those other two guys, but Chris Paul is really undeserving of those defensive accolades. Yes, he gets a lot of steals by playing the passing lanes. You know who else did... Allen Iverson. Paul isn't as poor a defender as Iverson, but he's not very good either... certainly not worthy of making all defense every year.

8. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Yeah, i felt Stuckey should have been on Billups even more often than he was, because Chauncey really couldn't do anything against Stuckey. Chucky usually got abused.

But, I understood why they crossed the matchups defensively. You didn't want a guy like J.R. Smith going off, so you had to put Stuck on him whenever he was in the game.

9. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

The pistons are on a roll. Due to this rotator cuff situation with my left arm, all of my posting is being done righty. I am ambedextrious, however, my writing is dominantly left.

Sorry I haven't been able to post as much recently, but i am working my way back slowly.

10. armygirl

The pistons are on a roll. Due to this rotator cuff situation with my left arm, all of my posting is being done righty. I am ambedextrious, however, my writing is dominantly left.

Sorry I haven't been able to post as much recently, but i am working my way back slowly.

Just trying to figure out the big picture once the injured players return.

11. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Afflalo played....and we won.

Let's not forget that ladies and gentlemen. :)

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

You're showing more heart than Rip Hamilton right now!

13. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

frozen bananas - worth of try?

14. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Genius.

15. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I Didn't had time this past few days to pass by to read some comments and put mine here. I'm sorry about that.

I was able to watch the entire game live becouse, lucky for me, it was on the NBA PASS that I buy to DirectV every single month hoping they broadcast Pistons games. (Only 2 or 3 games per night)

So, as I said, lucky for me it was on TV and I recorded it so I can watch it againt in the future.

I was excited all the game.. maybe because i don't even think that we could win that game.. but when i started to see the effort on Chucky, Ben, Jerebko some old feeling came to me.. and I was feeling like this was a Playoffs game or something like that..

I'm still so happy for that game.. really.. and doing all that without Tay - Rip - BG and Will B. make me feel better for my team.

And i was proud to see Tayshaun in the bench, talking to Summers, J.J., Daye.. Really proud of him to be a Piston.

Thank you Big Ben and Jerebko! Thank you Pistons!

16. armygirl

Thanks TaShawn. I hear that Rip continues to be missing from the bench when the guys play. Tay is there bad back and all.

17. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'll let it go this time, but you better get your head in the game next time. :pound::pound::pound:

Glad to have you here. :)

18. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

If you do not read other posters, you'll get infraction points. :icon_evil:

Don't say you were not warned.

:cold: