vs Denver Nuggets Thursday December 10 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'December 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons vs Denver Nuggets

Thursday December 10

7:30 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit

Nat'l TV:

Radio: 97.1 The Ticket
  2. DesmoPiston

DesmoPiston First Round Draft Pick

I wish I was at the Palace to watch this game.

This will be a good game to watch. Hope one of our injured players return.
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

-
    I hope Chaunc goes easy on us.
  4. DesmoPiston

DesmoPiston First Round Draft Pick

That'll be nice. Ty Lawson should break out on us, which would make Denver think that they can move forward with out CB, and they will trade him back to us :MusicBigGrin: I can dream right?
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

TRIVIA QUESTION:

Two former Piston head coaches played for the Denver Nuggets, and at the time each played for Denver, the head coach was a guy that also would later go on to become another Piston head coach. Name all three guys.
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

It could happen Desmo. Then Rasc would choke on his own vomit.
  8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Stuckey says I'll take yo Lawson and Chaucey st8 up.
    Big Ben says Imma gonna eat Nene for breakfast & suppa and lemme see yo lunch money for tomorrow. lol
  9. SJAndre

SJAndre Second Round Draft Pick

Call me a dreamer or anything..but if we can play with Denver while missing BG, Tay, and Rip, we can play with anyone when we are healthy. Im not going to think too far ahead. I am just amazed with a lot of our players. Stuckey is proving himself, Ben is young again, and Chucky actually had a good game.
  10. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

great game!!!

The Pistons are killing everyone on this "reunion tour". :D
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons win 4th straight game with a 101-99 win over the Nuggets. It was there 14th straight win over the Nuggets at the Palace.

the undermanned ankled injured Pistons survived Carmelo Anthony's 40 pts and Billups 21, to outlast the Nuggets and two last second shots by both CB and Melo.

The Pistons blew an 8 point lead with 7 mins left by allowing the Nuggets to go an 8-0 run to tie the score at 92 with 4 and half minutes left in the game. After that it was trading hoops time and the question at that time, was would Billups take over hand the young Pistons a loss.

Stuckey had another stellar game pt wise dropping 25, but only 3 assists. He also had 5 TO's and in a surprise, no rebounds. Atkins probably took to many shots in the game, (2-10) but what can we say....Pistons 5-1 when he starts.

In the front court CV provided the scoring punch in the first half where the Pistons held a 2 pt lead. He scored 27 pts and led the team in assists with 5.

JJ was his usual hustle self with 12 pts and 8 brds

Ben however was the MVP as he saved the game in the end with two key rebounds (16 for the game) and a key steal with just over a minute left which led to what proved to be the winning hoop, a layup by Stuckey..

No Bynum or Gordon this game and Summers was able to get there and hit a key three pointer as did Daye.

Pistons have a chance to win their 5th in a row vs the struggling no defense Warriors before going out on the road. Looks like the fans may have something to cheer about this month.
  12. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

Did not see the game, will watch it later, but I must say this is the most impressive win of the season. I never would have imagined Pistons beating Denver, without Rip,Tay,Gordon and Bynum.

Would be great to get to .500 until Rip and Tay are back.
  13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

4 in a row. five of six. Quality opponent beaten.

Bynum joined the list of the wounded. And no Gordon, Tay, nor Rip. Atkins missed a few minutes with a sprained ankle himself but came back in the game and ended up playing starters minutes. In all, we were never short of guards. We still played Atkins and Stuckey together a lot in this one. Can't pretend to have a shortage of guards and play your two point guards together too.

One of the recently injured, CV, totally came back to life in this one, his 3rd game back. CV was scoring toward the basket to the tune of 26 points. I believe he did hit 2 three's, maybe a couple of shorter jumpers. But a whole lot of it was him going toward the basket - or actually posting up.

Stuckey continued his hot scoring streak with about 24 I think, including a clutch basket late in this very tight finish. And most of that was to the hoop.

Bench scored 40, most of that CV of course. But Summers and Daye each nailed a triple and while they did not play major minutes, they sure made a difference. Summers looked pretty darn good in his short minutes, making you wonder why Kuester is so bent on going small so much. Not in this game though. A three guard rotation was not even possible since we only had two healthy to play. Again, we see JMAX at small forward, and looking just fine there. (You could consider CV the small forward too, or just think of CV and JMAX as a pair of forwards.)

How did Atkins do? Missed a bunch of shots, but played decent enough defense a decent amount of the time on Billups. He ain't got much to work with, but he did give effort. (yes, I know, he did get lost on defense on picks and such as usual, but he played aggressively up on Billups a lot.)(and I was going to use a more positive tone about his game, until he shot 3 or 4 seconds too early there, leaving Denver way too much time. We should have at worst missed the shot and left Denver with just 3 seconds or less to play. 6 seconds is an eternity. Good thing we made Billups miss on that last play or man I bet this good would be getting discussed for quite a spell.)

Another fine defensive effort, triggered by JMAX and Big Ben Wallace starting together. That is a lot of serious D being played between those two. Big Ben was a monster on the boards, getting what, 17 or so.

JJ did not play great, but neared another double double at least. He hit a three himself. Which means we had 3 rooks each hit a three in this game, a tight one vs. one of the best teams in the league. Hard to believe, hey?

Kwame was not completely atrocious in this one. He moved well to the basket, and finished strongly without hesitation when easy to handle passes got to him. Anything beyound kids speed of course was dropped. He did hit a free throw.

No Wilcox.

I will be out of town for a spell, writing what I see about Saturday's game late Sunday night. Til then,

GO PISTONS!!!!!
  14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I dont reply as much cuz of this bad shoulder,but let me just say this was my second PRIDE of the Pistons win this year( other vs Orlando). I cant believe with 70 pts not playing tonight,this team outplayed Denver for at least 40 minutes in this game.

BBBBBBen is the leading candidate for DPOY AND Comeback player of the year.....

Jerebko , Daye and Summers(give him more minutes,too) are the best 3 rookies on one team this year......

Trade Rip for future considerations and cap space. We still cant win NBA title this year,so play for future and keep his minutes for the kids.....

Coach K is a better coach at 10-12 than Flip was at 64-18!
  15. max

max All-Star

Best game of the year so far. Not too many games where I am at the edge of my seat like that for so long.

Got to see not only a Piston win but also one of the leagues premier players having a great game.

Simply amazing the kind of resilience this team has. Four guys down, almost 5 and they put up 101 points against one of the leagues better teams.

Another landmark ( at least for me ) . This was the 1st time that I honestly can say that I prefer having Stuckey over CB. I think this is going to be Stuckeys true breakout season.
  16. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Best game I have seen Stuckey play and a very important win over a solid team.
  17. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

After every game there is someone who says that. :stirthepot:
  18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Only caught the final 6 minutes of the game, but enough to say "WOW" about Ben Wallace. The guy is a monster. He won this game for Detroit. Without Big Ben, we'd be NJ-PHI territory this season. Wow. Just wow!

It's looking like JJ's efforts have been noticed by the refs too and he's starting to get some calls. Which is a good thing.

Pistons had no answer for Carmelo, but it didn't matter in the end. Phew!

That final layup by Stuckey where he drove and scored between Nene AND Birdman was fantastic! Here's to hoping he keeps that up.

PS: Yet another game I cussed at NBALP Broadband. The feed died during Bucks game. Then after watching 3 quarters of the Sixers game, it switched to Pacers-Blazers game for the 4th quarter. And in this game, the feed just died with <20 seconds to go in the 4th. I really really hate them and if this keeps up, I ain't buying NBALPBB again. Steaming pile of crap.
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Stuck was surprisingly last on the team with a -9 this game. Atkins was tops with a +10. Stuck did play very well though with tons of finishes in traffic and tough foul draws.

But man is Ben Wallace the king of the Palace. Filled up the stat sheet and made it tough for Denver to get the ball past half court. I like the decision by Q to start the games with a defensive lineup on the court to set the tone. Stuck/JJ/Max/Big Ben is formidable defensively. Great rebounding, stealing, and decent shot blocking.

Overall, I think that Kuester is proving this year that everyone who gets to the NBA is capable of adding value if they are comfortable and used correctly. There is really no excuse to play starters into the ground while the bench rots... especially during the reg season.

Look how much more confident JJ is looking on offense now that he feels like he belongs. No more passing up open looks and looking to coach after each miss. Look at Chucky when he gets some consistent minutes and his legs back.

btw, I was watching on LP and there was no cut out.
  20. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

LP Broadband is the internet, TS....Just like MLB Broadband. U pay in advance monthly, then have to DEAL with it. Just awful.

My LP on TV gave me both feeds,DEnver and Detroit. Every road announcer laughs about Kwame's hands. Wow-LOL

Losing Ben to bigger riches and glory and hiring Flip instead of a LB disciple like Kuester back then MAY have cost us TWO championships. I hate FLIP! (BTW, he and Stephenson DESERVE each other! hahaha)