vs Dallas Mavericks Sunday November 15 6:00 pm

Discussion in 'November 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Man, tough loss. I was keeping an eye on the score throughout and it looked like a close game. I watched the last 6 minutes of the game, and it looks like we just ran out of steam.

Wow, Gordon 1-16 shooting! He won't have too many of those nights. I say Dallas barely avoided an embarrassment (which is what would've been for them if we had won).

I've seen Jonas guarding Kidd to close the game. He looked like he did an ok job there. Has anyone seen the rest of the game? How did he look defensively overall? His stat line is not all that great.
  2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

This is definitively BITTERSWEET. I tuned in just hoping they could compete hard and challenge, especially on the back end of an away-home back2back that they had to fight to win. My expectations were met, yet as the boys looked really good in the 1st half, my expectations were raised to hoping for a victory.

ben shot 1-16, OUCH, Charlie was dead legs, but rebounded EXTREMELY WELL down the strtech. Our rebounding and defense down the stretch was fantastic, we had a chance, and can we really ask for anything more.

Stuckey played his best game, I've never seen him look more comfortable and in control as I did tonight, he very well may be putting it together. Will, I'd ink him to an extension NOW, his price just keeps going up, and up, and up going into a summer where a bunch of teams have plenty of cap space.

Wish we would've won this game, but hey JJ got some burn, Daye got some burn, Stuckey got better, Charlie turned in his best rebounding and defensive performance as a Piston-could he be getting a clue? Lot of good things happened tonight that we can build off of.

Worse play of the game (Had me FURIOUS :gun1:) Stuckey takes the J, misses, goes down with a cramp, and not one MUTHA&#%@! teammate took a foul for him and Dallas cans a trey....just *#*!% STUPID, but the good point about it, Bynum acknowledged it in his post game interview, so maybe they learned a valuable lesson.
  3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Gee, you could kind of tell which team was fresh, and which just played a tight game the night before. Except for Stuckey, who was having a marvelous game right up to the time he went down with a leg cramp.

CV and Ben Gordon were way off tonight. So Bynum steps in and almost hits 30 for us.

JMAX continues to play the D. Kuester continues to play Kwame as an asset to the other team.

Jerebko got lots of burn, Daye some too, so the night was not totally wasted.

Listened to the coach get interviewed before the game. He basically said he can't follow his own game plan about resting players in a back to back situation. Heat of the moment thing. Nope, that is just a bad coach who can't watch his players minutes on a back to back. If he does not admit his failures, he will never learn.

Stuckey was awesome, hitting outside shots all nite, and getting inside over and over - and finishing.

Ben Wallace was great on D, and even hit a couple of buckets that he usually does not get. Both were as time was running out - one a decent range jumper and the 2nd a kind of hook from maybe 8 feet out or so.

Way too many turns for sure. But I will take that along with lots of aggressiveness. Dallas had to get some pretty good shots there at the end from Dirk to get this win.

Just my opinion, but Kuester has lots of options other than riding Stuckey into the ground. How about bringing in Bynum a bit earlier for instance. I can't imagine how that would hurt us any. Follow his own game plan.

Great, entertaining game for sure. But no, I would not be writing much of anything different win or lose. What happened happened regardless of outcome. In an 82 game season, one game won or lost will not make much of a difference. But losing a player to injury can ruin a season. How many players is Kuester going to go after in the name of playing for the moment?
  4. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I couldn't watch the game.. so I won't write too much about it.

But 1-16 from BG.. I hope NEVER have to see that again!

NEVER

Bynum's 27 points sounds impressive.

-------------

One thing..

12 total teams assists ??? What is happening here??

We need to pass the ball more!
  5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

as someone stated earlier, had bengo not shot 1-16, the ast total would be higher. Also, When Stuckey and Bynum CLEARLY have their man beat off the dribble, they SHOULD shoot the ball, these guys were actually beating their man and the help defense to the hole tonight, it was nothing short of spectacular.
  6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

This game has me thinking, these guys are special, it's like Cola's first year all over again. Think about tonight's game:
    • we're supposedly re-building
    • we have a 35 year old undersized starting center
    • Rip and Tay are out
    • it's the 2nd night of a back2Back
    • we were on the road last night, while they rested in Detroit
    • Last night bengo and Stuckey both played just under 45mins, CV-39mins and Old Man Wallace logged 31mins
    • tonight our $90M assets combine to shoot 7-32 and score just 18 pts.
    • Stuckey and Gordon had 9 TO's between them
    Yet we damn near won, and not a fluke win either, we stood toe to toe with these cats. Nobody knows how good this team is.
  7. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Funny thing about the positions of life and where they take you.

A whole-lota-simi-tweaks ending in much amazement out of the great chain of being.

Herrmann went through a host of personal tragedies.

His talent in the NBA was wasted...welcome aboard.

He had the hands and a slightly less hang time of the Dr. Oh yes, he was a better three point shooter.

Out of thirty, in this present diluted NBA talent level, he would be the great 6 th man on at least 15 teams.

For sure, he has gone outward and forward.

Make no mistake, this was a voluntary acceptance. Can you hear something called personal and positive outsourcing.

Good for him and his new family.
  8. max

max All-Star

We do have a lot of talent. That's why I thought we would win 50 games. Of course that was before losing Prince for the season. With no injuries the Pistons probably would be 7-3 now instead of 5-5.
  9. HarryFWong

HarryFWong First Round Draft Pick

End of a back-to-back against a pretty good team. They competed, and nearly won. Hell, they beat the vegas line. I'm impressed with this game more than beating MEM or CHA.

Every game on the upcoming 4-game WC trip that they compete in, I will be impressed with.

By the way, I'm not at all convinced they'd have a better record with rip and tay playing right now.

Anyway, I'm just hoping they squeeze out 1 win on this trip.
  10. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

A lot of good to take away from a bad game. This team is the anti-if-it-ain't rough it ain't right team.

Stuckey was great but he needs to be willing to pass more. BG only had 6 shots. It's hard to get in the flow of the game when you aren't touching the ball.
  11. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

My point was that head of Marc Cuban was offered on silver plate but it was rejected. Dallas played poorly, it does not happen more than once per month. And for winning two starters had to play not even average but even below average game yet they managed play even worse. That was the irritating point for me.

God thanks that orlando had one pretty poor game and Pistons reaped from it.

For this team wins are hard to come.

The fact that Q was "going back to work" and players, labeled prevoiusly as "poor defenders" have jumped on this ship has been the biggest positive surprise so far.

And I hope that Q is sane and gave next day off.
  12. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

thank you :)
  13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

If you had asked me to predict a final score after seeing the ease that Dallas moved the ball and got easy shots in the first 2-3 minutes of the game I would have said Dallas by 20.

I agree with Basketballs that Gordon should be getting more than 16 shots per game no matter how poorly he is shooting.
  14. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Gordon went into pass mode in the 4th quarter. He passed up on quite a few shots that he would have normally taken.
  15. max

max All-Star

Normally Stuckey and then Bynum will not both be hitting every shot like that.

Imagine how good the Pistons can be when they are all firing.
  16. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Random 1-16 games from Gordon is some have called him streaky. He is bound to have more than a couple stinkers during the season.

Nice to see Will Bynum step up and score, he's a definite keeper. Hopefully we see more production out of the fowards as the season progresses.