1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

vs Dallas Mavericks Monday January 17 3:30 pm

Discussion in 'January 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

Showcase game for Tay?

2. copper

copper Bench Warmer

This is the best thing that could happen to him at this point, get him off the point and let him relax and see things from another point of view. He is looking more like a point guard now that hes playing the 2 spot. Who knows a season or 2 of this and he may have the mentality to move back to the point and be very good. This is what he should have been able to learn under cnote..

3. max

max All-Star

This may have been the best game of the season. Everyone had a good game but I guess thats what it takes to blow out a team like Dallas.

I have gained a lot of respect back for Q. Probably finally dawned on him that he will most likely get fired anyway at the rate things were going so may as well do things his way and chance that the new owner agrees. No more Stuckey at the point, Rip out - wonder what happened there? Just got sick of the whinning and compaining?

Anyway. Monroe stole the show in my opinion. CV was huge off the bench during a critical time late in the 3rd where the Pistons usually fall apart. Prince was classic, Stuck and T-mac looked great in their new roles. Wilcox made a few mistaked but overall looked pretty good. Nice game from BG off the bench and Bynum held his own coming off that nice game on Sat.

3 game winning streak !!! wew hoo. When was the last time we had one of those? Maybe if they can put together a nice 5-7 game streak it would give us all hope.

4. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I hope that dumars saw a dire need for PG spot( TMac won't be here).

wins have spoken.

5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

We're exactly at the midpoint of the season, we've played 41 games and it seems as if we finally have something we can build on and we're only 2.5 games out of the playoffs........I'M STOKED!!!!!!!

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm starting to be a believer in the "Monroe's steals are his blocks" thing. He can't jump, but he has a quick hands and some lateral speed. His ability to dribble while running is also a unique quality for his position.

Doesn't seem like we're missing Ben W. very much lately. Time to limit his minutes when he returns and try to get higher energy bursts out of him.

7. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Good insight!

Now JD should start working the magic.

For Cuban to stop the bleeding in the second half of the season he needs a vet, at the right position, plays good D, with playoff experience that balances the floor for Dirk.

Now the game balance with the trade is unequal concerning Butler and Tay. Oh, they are both rentals, but only one side has an active door and the address is on Maverick street. The Pistons need compensation for the rest of the year and they need to place a rental on a street called, Point Guard. I would be happy with the following rental exchange:

Butler + Beaubois = Tay

8. detteam

detteam All-Star

Can Cuban afford to ship-off another promising PG?

9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Beaubois is not a PG. And why is everyone assuming T-Mac is leaving? We offer something nobody else does, the opportunity for him to freely play his game.

10. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I told ya, he has very high bb iq in my opinion, he doesnt waste alot of energy without purpose. I like the comparison of his hands to hakeems. He is by far our best big at trapping the high p&r. He is defenitely gonna garner some scouting respect by the opponents. Now he just needs to work on his back to the basket moves and develope a hook of some sort to avoid being blocked on back downs. With the ball in his hands on the high post and our players cutting to the hoop he is showing his passing ability as well. Defenitely the brightest brightspot on the season so far.

11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

At this point I believe that Ben Wallace is an emergency and/or situational player, but if Ben has a problem with Rip's DNP-CD's I wonder what his reaction is going to be when Q removes Ben from the rotation? Does Q have the guts? Will Ben accept the role? The tandem of Wilcox and Monroe are exposing just how inept the Wallace/Maxiel starting front court was.

12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

So Rip DNPs even though the trade is off, and all our problems are solved ?
    Probably a short fix, then the confusing close losses again.

13. copper

copper Bench Warmer

defenitely exposing it. I dont think Ben would have the same reaction if he were removed from the starting rotation though. He knows he is at the end and ready to retire, I think he would relish the role of mentor and help the youngster along...I think it would be hard on his ego but I think he can rationalize that it takes him to step back for the franchise to move forward and he bleeds red white and blue for the team. His case and rips are different, Rip can still play at a high level, he just chooses not to...does anyone think if ben were able he would play balls to the wall..thats the only way he knows how to play and thats why the fans here love him so much. I think ben will slide to the back seat and teach the bigs how to play defense and little tricks they can use.

14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Can't really say Bynum had a decent outing. We did not score in the time Bynum was on the floor in the first half. In the 2nd half, sure, guys around him scored, but Bynum himself threw the ball away more often than make any good plays. Now, compared to overplaying Stuckey and TMAC, which is easy to do now with them starting side by side, I agree somebody has to act as another point guard. Just wish it was not Bynum. If we are going to trade Rip away, it should be for a point guard, something we have lacked since we gave Billups away in one of Joe's cap space moves.

15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Got to add that knock-a-way by Monroe that TMAC picked up. TMAC gets credit for the steal - but Monroe is the guy who caused the steal.

16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I'd say even though Stuckey does not have a jumper that is consistent from long range, he does have a decent enough jumper for shorter shots - and plenty of point guards get by with just that.

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

True, his mid ranger is serviceable. The best thing about him is that he doesn't have the instinct to settle.

18. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Terry also was knocking down shots. But since they moved him into the starting unit along side Dirk - Dallas had zilch coming off the bench. (Along with pretty much zilch besides Dirk and Terry.)

19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Bynum only played 18 minutes and 12 of those were a result of playing the entire 4th qtr when we pretty much kept the game out of reach and were able to rest T-Mac and Stuckey the entire 4th qtr. I think Will can deliver 12 minutes of PG duty to give guys some rest and limit the amount of time Stuckey has to spend at the point.

20. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I thought stuck played the point very well in stretches tonight, he wasnt forcing anything and it looked smooth and easy for him instead of the childbirth he is accustomed to.