vs Cleveland Cavaliers Tuesday March 16 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'March 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Greg Kelser has played in, as well as witnessed, thousands of basketball games. He said that was the longest continuation call that he has ever seen.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Somebody on the other site ask the question "do the cavs bring their own refs with them and so that they can dictate the calls in the end to assure a victory."

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

:nod: :nod:

4. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

the only bright spot is i'm pretty sure that we'll be better then cleveland next year and i'm going to laugh my butt off everytime they lose a game and there fans are crying why did james leave us......

5. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

the most important thing, isn't ?

6. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I don't think LeBron is leaving.

It could be a looooooooong time before we end this losing streak against Cleveland (now at 10 games).

This loss was so sickening in particular. The officials really took us out of the game... beyond frustrating to watch.

7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Good game most of the way. Kind of spoiled it with the bad calls as many have mentioned.

The coaching? Tay got no rest in the 2nd half. By the end of the game, he could not move, could not shoot. Worse, he does not know his own self and attempted a triple while in that state.

Bron played the whole 2nd half. So what. Since when is Tay a Bron stopper. Anyone remember that playoff game? You know what I am talking about. Tay had no business playing the whole 2nd half.

I did not like that Bynum opened the game playing so many minutes without rest. Comes back to haunt you late in the game. Other than that, hey, JJ and Daye got to play.

Maxiell had yet another double double, 10 - 15 this time.

The announces made a big todo about the rookies getting to play - all three of them. Summers though did not get into the game. Daye looked pretty good hitting those 3's. I always like sets where Daye and Tay are in at the same time. Now just add more of Summers in there, and give Tay more rest.

Kwame played 5 minutes in each half, did not stink too badly.

CV made some boneheaded plays here and there, but also knocked down several triples and outside jumpers. He also fought some around the basket.

Bynum got to the rack here and there, made a couple of jumpers.

Rip had a good shooting game - and found Maxiell for dunks as part of his 6 assists. I would still for sure though rather see more inside play vs. the jumpers.

Gordon shot horribly from outside, but did go inside some too. Kind of wish someone would just tell him to bull in there most of the time - Rip is already taking too many outside shots all by himself. By the way, did you know we were one of the 3 worst shooting teams in the NBA. Yes, maybe its time we toned down the outside shooting game.

They are saying of both Stuck and Ben Wallace that Friday is possible for their returns.

They say 2 out of 3 ain't bad. Daye and JJ got to play. But for a really fine grade, Kuester has to play Summers too. What possible harm could it do at this point. And what possible good can come from playing Tay 44 minutes? You ain't making the playoffs.

8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That made me laugh. Good analysis of Kwame's performance. :pound:

9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Might have been our best game of the year.
    • We competed
    • Maxiel continues play really good basketball
    • JJ and Maxiel would give us one helluva bench combo if we had somebody who could beat out JJ for the PF spot when Ben gets healthy.
    • Young players played
    • Tay showed he's a really good player for a contender, if Port coveted Tay last year, they should be drooling right about now
    • Utah may very well be willing to trade that pick from NY, for Tay
    • We were right there, but like a good tanking team, LOST!
    And the Pacers won, who could assk for anything more, give me losses like this for the rest of the season.

10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

i'm as old as Kelser and ive never seen a more ridiculous call!

11. Brap

Brap Starter

I really want that Knick's pick. We won't get it if they get into the top 3 of the lottery. But, if you're Utah, who would you rather have given you are close to championship quality: Tay or a pick in the 4-10 range.

If we got that pick from them, we might be able to package it with our pick for the player we really want to draft, if we don't luck into the top 3 ourselves.

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Kwame was 1-1 from the field and 2-2 from the line....that was enough for him go home and get a good night sleep thinking he accomplished something tonight.

13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I'm LMBO because it's so true.

14. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

This (IMO).

Utah already has Kirilenko to fill Prince's role (and do it better actually, albeit at a higher cost).

15. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Unfortunately just because the Cavs are obnoxious doesn't mean they aren't good. Three of four threes for Mo and some perhaps officially aided LBJ stuff and that's all she wrote.

I think you have to be pretty happy with the Pistons though. They're not going to beat these guys (they ought to be beating some of the other teams they lose to, but that's another story), but they played hard and with heart.

Yeah, Prince played the whole second half. Partly because LBJ had to play the whole second half to get a win, partly because there is no backup point guard, and probably mostly because if he had sat he wouldn't have been able to get back up. When Brown didn't take LBJ out around the quarter break he forced the Pistons' hand.

I get the loss in Boston - very few teams after this kind of injury riddled season can watch perhaps their two top guys getting carried off the floor in a couple of days. It was nice to see them bounce back and compete.

16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The Pistons have played the Cavs pretty tough all year.

LeBron had kind of a bad game and ended with a triple double. He's averaging 8.5 assists per game. If the Pistons get an assist for passing the ball to Rip for a J then LBJ should get 2 for most of his passes.

The 2 funniest lines of the night were Kessler's longest continuation call and Blaha saying, 'Kane Fitzgerald isn't really a household name. In fact, I've never heard of him.'

17. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Great loss. The Pistons were without Stuckey, Big Ben and Gordon and still put up a great fight. They could've won the game but the officials stepped in and made sure that the Cinderella story didn't get spoiled.

Cleveland is a very good team, and LeBron is one hell of a player. However, it is appalling how hard the media, the league and the refs need to work to manufacture an artificial greatness. What happened last night was the top team in the league needed a lot of help beating a crippled bottom feeder.

League pass was flashing a statistic showing the defensive prowess of Cleveland. Apparently until this game Cleveland held the last 7 opponents under 100 points. Wow. What an accomplishment.

18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Gordon played Walt. He wasn't great, but he doesn't get to handle the ball much and he's a guy who needs the ball to be effective.

This was a good loss, but I can't stand Cleveland, and they and Denver are the two teams I care about beating. I like to beat Denver because it makes me feel better about picking Darko, trading Afflalo and Billups.

I like to beat Cleveland because Lebron James is so incredibly unlikable. I hope his stacked team flames out again.

19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

But have you noticed just how bad of a ball handler he is.....OMG, he's AWE-FULL.

20. Brap

Brap Starter

This year, Gordon really has been a bad ball-handler. You're right about that. My hope is that he's just way out of sync and that this isn't what we'll see forever from him. I expect him to be a lot better next season when he's healthy and acclimated. There's no question he's one of the best scoring SG's in the game - this year has been a huge aberation.