vs Cleveland Cavaliers Tuesday March 16 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'March 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons vs Cleveland Cavaliers

Tuesday March 16

7:30 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit

Nat'l TV:

Radio: 97.1 The Ticket

2. roscoe36

3. copper

copper Bench Warmer

thats hillarious, that girl is lookin at him and thinkin...." youre lucky youre rich %%%%%. cuz you cry more than that baby"

4. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

With Tay out and JMax at the 5 I hope Summers gets atleast 15 min tonight, but I guess Q will give CG 40+ and play an injured Wilcox instead. Summers even brought James down to earth before he ever played the NBA according to pistons.com. :MusicBigGrin:

5. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

lol..... i think it was more like "Summers looked physically comfortable with the challenge of guarding him. " PISTONS: 'A Bright Future' was a good read though, and i'd say at this point in the season throw the kid out there and see what he can do.

6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Impossible, CG can't play 40 minutes because he'll foul out long before that.

I get the feeling that the Cavs antics in this game will make Nate Robinson's dunk last night feel like an encouraging pat on the back.

Please do not stick me with the Cavs announcer’s league pass.

7. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

All that means is "Summers didn't wet his pants".

8. roscoe36

9. Mogilny

I think you mean "James wet his pants." :gun1:

10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

can a team lose by 55?

11. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

We can beat these guys. Really. :)

12. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't think the Pistons can beat them by that much, do you?

13. Mogilny

So, Prince returned a few hours after being carried off and had to play 45 minutes so no time for Summer. No one was happier about this than James. The fifth double double in a row by JMax, well done. And also another sweet loss.

14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

There was no need to play 44 minutes, but Prince played a great game.

15. roscoe36

Sorry chat closed prematurely, I needed to reboot the server.

16. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

if you didn't hate the "james league" rules up till now..... omg..... fouled above the circle and he's allowed to drive for the and one? I guess the league would prefer to have him just tackled? makes me want to give up the nba alltogether, just sickening...

17. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

It is sickening. They want the cavs to win so bad. The continuation call was a thing of beauty. Not even close to a continuation. I wonder if this is going to make NBA TV's referee lovefest called "You make the Call".

18. Brap

Brap Starter

Tay playing really well against great players, and playing a lot of minutes, is very important for us. He's healthy for the first time in over a year.

As long as he isn't hurt again, he's going to be heavily sought by contending teams this summer. He isn't the type of player who a team will want to wait for the trade deadline to get. He's a core player that you want to integrate into your team at the start of training camp, so you can get maximum sync value from having acquired him.

With his expiring contract, I'm expecting something really nice back in return.

19. Brap

Brap Starter

On the continuation call, what is the rule? Tay fouled him, but LeBron got to the basket in two steps but without putting the ball on the floor. I actually thought it was a good call - and that he's really really sick.

20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Not sure what happen, but did we have any server issues with the forum or was that the network traffic in my household? We were having a lively chat with the score tied at 91 and the chat and the forum seem to freeze. i could not get on with either of my computers....

Anyway, the game played on and a great game effort by the Pistons was ruined on many bad calls by the refs..especially in crunch time when the refs allowed a continuation and one for Lebron that should have been just two FTA. Then an obvious goal tend that some ref (Kane Fitzgerald) that I never heard of swallowed his whistle. The Pistons never scored again after that [STRIKE]block[/STRIKE] goal tend. On the next play however, JJ grabbed a steal and then showed that he is still a rookie by trying a Stuckey like move trying to split two defenders instead of passing off or slowing up to put it in the hands of one his team mates.

To put the game in perspective the Pistons were only down 104-101 when the block occurred and there was 1:35 left in the game. We had 4 more opportunities to add to the score, but just could not get the ball in the hoop as Max missed two FTA and the other three chances were not successful.

meanwhile Lebron who had 5 points in the first half finished with 29 as he and Mo Williams traded making hoops against the Pistons poor defense.

Tay who went out with an injured back last night played 44 mins tonight and I believe the whole first, third and 4th qtrs. Last nights hero, DuJaun Summers only got a chance to watch from the bench and give Tay a high five and a towel a couple of times he came to the bench. Both Tay and Lebron were in position to get triple doubles at the end of three. Lebron got his, but Tay only got one more assist to finish with 8, and did not get another rebound to finish with 7. Max got a double-double for the fifth game in a row including a great alley-oop dunk from rip and a fast break dunk after he stole the ball from Lebron.

Once again our two UCON-Artist were not on the same page. This time CV scores 16 pts, but we only got 4 from Bengo on his 1-6 shooting.

When is the last time the Pistons hit 9 three pointers and still loss??? Probably happen this season but who cares. The offense was there matching stroke for stroke with the Cavs until Mo began hitting beyond the three and Lebron started to riddle the inside 2007 style...

Pacers won tonight, so we gain a spot on them. :sssh: