vs Cleveland Cavaliers Sunday December 5 6:00 pm

Discussion in 'December 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. max

max All-Star

Bump up. Chance to improve the record to 7-14.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

First quarter is very ugly. Worst 2 teams in the NBA?
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons finally found a team that they could beat and scored a whopping 51 points in the second half to cruise to a 102-92 win. Their biggest lead was 18 pts ( 93-75) midway through the 4th quarter.

Stuckey and the Ring guys, Tay and Rip all scored 20 pts or more with Stuckey popping in 24 pts and delivering 11 assists and Rip leading the charge with 27 pts based on his 4 spot up three balls from the corners. We got 2 pts out of Big Ben, 9 pts and 3 blocks and since 0 and 4 from Maxiel who did not play after the first qtr....?? I didn't turn the game on until midway through the second qtr so not sure what happen to him if anything.

It appears that Beng replaced him in the lineup to start the third and Gordon did out rebound him for the second game in a row:). Looks like they are trying to get Bengo back in rhythm, so it was all small most of the third qtr and for once the Pistons made something out of it outscoring the Cavs by 6.

If they gave Gordon 31 minutes to find his mojo, they need to do the same with Daye who did not come in until 2 minutes left in the game and was a minus 6 with a missed dunk attempt off a rebound, a turnover, and personal foul. You could see the frustration on his face.
  6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Stuckey played the best game of his career. Q has made Tayshaun Prince our Go-To Guy. Rip Looked great. Glad to see Gordo get major run to get his mojo back. Monroe played like a rookie, a lotta of bad plays with a few good ones sprinkled in, but GM has proven to me that his bad play is correctable. CV is back to playing like CG again, he did very little to contribute to this win. Q tightened the rotation, we won (even though it was the Cavs), so I got no complaints. Based on Dayes body language and effort in that 2min garbage time stretch, I'd put him in street clothes and dress Summers, his attitude was in excusable.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

This confirms that we are not the worst team in the league.

Losing to Cleveland would have been devastating I'd say.

Old guys taking care of business.
  8. BillLaimbeer

It was a home game, Cleveland was in the 2nd of a back-to-back, and the Cavs are still ahead of us in the standings. :stirthepot:
  9. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Dayes body language is what anybodys would be...He was starting and playing well. He got pulled and left outta the rotation for games at a time. then he gets mop up minutes and is expected to produce? as basically a rookie(didnt see any pt last year) and in the same paragraph you are sayin bengo got lots of pt to get his mojo back? bengo has lots of experience under his belt, it shouldnt be a problem to shake off his rust...hes still been playing. I would like to see any other starter get yanked and sat for games at a time, and see what their body language was like when put in similar situation. Im glad we got the w, but I hope we dont set daye back with coach qs stupidity and lack of substitution knowledge.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'd ask for a trade if I were Daye. Dumars would probably bend over backwards to send him to the Heat and then he could just camp out at the 3-point line and get spoon fed.
  11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

2nd game in a row, TMAC played the point when Stuckey sat. And 2nd game in a row, we did not, as fans, have to suffer thru watching Bynum getting torched for a stretch, or have to suffer thru him throwing the ball away on consecutive offensvive possessions.

TMAC did not do anything all that great. But, we need a backup point, and as the backup point - TMAC was valuable for us in this game.

We won a game without Daye in the rotation. But that is just Cleveland. Still not a good idea to leave him out. (Oh, and just Cleveland? Feels good to finally beat this team.)

Monroe looked terrible the first few times the ball went to him. But hey, he also looked good scoring the ball around the basket a couple of times later. The guy has to learn. One of the worst things about his game has been his short jump shots, which consistently miss the basket, by like 2 feet. That is ugly. More practice needed.

JMAX started the game, but was not seen again after the 1st quarter. No reason at all, just to get Ben Gordon more minutes by letting him start the 2nd half. Q had said he needs at least one of Rip or Gordon shooting well. Good op to give Gordon some shots, and it worked well enough. Cleveland tried and failed to take advantage of our smaller unit - but Hickson just picked up some charging fouls and had to sit and that was the end of any threat Cleveland had to offer as far as an inside game.

For Cleveland, Mop Head ain't a bad extra big - but as their best big? Ain't much. A very unbalanced team. Compare to Cleveland, Detroit has a good front set of bigs.

Stuckey, you could complain he missed a layup. He did. But he also made a bunch. Stuckey only hit one outside shot if I remember correctly. He did not take much more than that one. Instead, he drove to the basket relentlessly, making a bunch of resulting free throws and making a bunch of layups. The only problem with Stuckey, is that we could use more like him.

Tay had a solid scoring game with 20. Rip scored 27 including 4 spot up threes. On one sequence, Rip missed one, Ben Wallace got the bound and got the ball right back to Rip who then made a three. It seems we did the same for CV once in the game too. Lots of assists for the Pistons, led by Stuckey's double double.

CV and Gordon both gave us some scoring. Ben Gordon missed his first few shots, so then took it to the rim and scored. Later, he warmed up on the outside shot.

Anyone notice Tay's resurgence happens to correspond to us using a backup small forward? Tay no longer is expected to take the full weight at that position. And we need to keep playing Daye some to keep Tay's minutes down so he can keep playing like that all season long. Anyway, although TMAC is playing backup point on offense, he is the backup small forward on defense.

Coach definitely shook up the rotation a bit. Subbing at different times than usual. Slightly different units here and there. Nothing really overused. Nothing too predictable. (and again, the best thing is that Bynum is not marched out there early in 1st quarter when the opposing starting gaurds can have a field day with him.) Still improvements can be made - we can just hope he will make them as needed to get wins going forward.
  12. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

3-1 now in games I've gotten to watch. Dumars ought to pay me.

Nice to see Bynum on the bench and Bengo in the game.
  13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

At one point in the game we had T-Mac, Ben Gordon, Tayshaun Prince and Richard Hamilton all on the floor together ......... Not Bad.

After Daye comes off his 1 or 2 game suspension, he can slowly work his way into this new rotation. With Ben Gordon and Charlie V in the 2nd unit we really need a facilitator who can get shots for for those 2 and T-Mac is better suited for that than Bynum, right now T-Mac doesn't even look to shoot the ball.

We're only 1.5 games out of the 8th seed, no reason why we can't get there. And yes we can, need and should make the playoffs, again CV, BG, Daye, GM, and Stuckey need that experience to get better and take the next step. I'm convinced that never playing in a playoff game is one of the things that makes Charlie suck as bad as he does.
  14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not complaining about wins anymore.

It's funny how much less annoying Varaejo is now that the Cavs stink.

I liked the slight tweaks Q made to the rotation like having Gordon and Stuckey and Rip and TMac on the floor together.

I'm surprised this game wasn't on ABC.

Despite the long run Gordon is barely recognizable compared to the guy who played for the Bulls.

I am glad to see someone is starting to call Daye basically a rookie. They need more of those on the squad.
  15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

In 6+ more minutes of PT Rodney "The Franchise" Stuckey out-rebounded Mo Williams 6 to 4. He was legitimately working on the glass last night.
  16. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Yet another new nickname for Stuckey: "Reboundin' Rodney"
  17. BillLaimbeer

Perhaps we could just call him "Nicknames"...