vs Chicago Bulls Thursday December 31 3:00 pm

Discussion in 'December 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. max

max All-Star

Game Analysis - We bad.

That was only the Bulls 3rd road win of the year.

3. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Delfino, I don't think it is that simple as far as the offense. The biggest problem is the Pistons are fielding front lines that are barely NBA quality. Every teams bigs can outscore and outrebound our bigs. Scola, Lee, West, Noah, etc. It has been all out there to see.

As far as the offense, since there is no big threat, drivers are stopped up easily. Defenses can track shooters easily.

The good news is Stuckey and Gordon. They will be fine long term.

CV has other issues. He is not a banger. He is suppose to spread the floor and then also score down low with a drive, do an occasional post. The problem is that he does not seem to have a three ball in his arsenal. He throws up an assortment of stuff, rather showboaty, but when he gets the open look three and I mean wide open, he is not nailing the shot. He needs to go back into the gym and they need to work on his game for next year.

4. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

This club is starting to quit on itself. Starting with Q who is now lost. He shouldn't be. He needs to suck it up and start riding some people. No energy, equals no defense, and it shows.

Another 2-3 weeks should tell us alot.

Regardless, there should be a blockbuster trade with Rip gone. In addition, we should not be surprised if another starter is included. JMax is also probably gone. It is not the end of the playoff picture, since the East is very weak; but, doing nothing, digs you a deeper hole.

I guess we should be expecting a 11 game losing streak. If we loose to Philly, then JD will have no choice. You losing streak will now be reaching 15+.

5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

How funny would it be if after saying Kuester had "the most job security in the league" at his introductory press conference Dumards fired him before the All Star break?

6. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Dude it's not that bad we'll be fine as soon as we can make some key trades for some bigs whether it be before the deadline or even in the offseason. Sometimes it has to get worse before it gets better. Everybody have a Happy New Year!!!!!!!!:beer:

7. roscoe36

I called it a couple games ago in chat. EVERY GM says EVERY COACH has job security during a rebuild.

8. roscoe36

That is a cat in a chicken little outfit. It is very cute. And I am being sarcastic. I don't expect to make the playoffs, and I don't see anything to be gained from a 7th or 8th seed.

9. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

The team can be fake proud of itself for making the playoffs in a rebuilding year. Maybe gain some confidence in the process.

That's really the only benefit, but that can actually help once a few more pieces are put together, and the team has a shot at making some noise.

10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Strongly noted about Kuester. And its not just the body language. Not this game, but he has thrown in the towel way too soon a few times this season.

11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Bad way to end the new year. 9 straight losses. Still, we are only a few games out of the playoffs.

I guess the theme tonight is let the vets play themselves back into shape. But more accurately, let them shoot themselves back into shape. Rip, CV, and Tay all did pretty bad shooting the ball. CV did finally hit a couple of threes, and made a hook shot, there toward the end - but his defense was horrid from start to finish.

More injuries, with Ben Wallace and Stuckey both leaving the game for a spell with ankle injuries. Stuckey turned his a second time. Who knows if that ankle will swell tonight and knock him out of the next game.

Wilcox is firmly in the rotation these days, but Kuester absolutely refuses to use him right. Like having to have Atkins in at point if Wilcox is in. Or playing an injured CV along side him who can't begin to follow up inside if Wilcox drives in.

We did see Gordon at the point for a spell at the end of the first half. No problem. Especially defensively. Atkins in contrast pretty much we played with 4 guys on defense as he was totally overmatched by any Chicago player.

We had a great defensive run in the first half, started by some excellent defense from JMAX, who of course did not get any action in the 2nd half since Ben Wallace did not roll his ankle again. Now, if CV was healthy, I would not diss Kuester for playing CV over JMAX. But an injured, totally unable to play CV? That is just bad coaching, anyway you slice it.

Kwame fit in this game fine on D, but the reason he is not playing so much is pretty well defined by the time he actually caught a pass inside, actually had his man beat - and then completely missed the rim and all from a foot or two out.

We did make a little run in the 2nd half to cut a 20 point lead in half. Four minutes to go, Tay airballs a three. He played 36 minutes, high on the team, with that back of his that has no way been proven sound at this point. And as someone pointed out, Daye played two minutes. There is no reason for this. No common sense being used at all. You don't push the minutes of a guy returning from a back injury, and you certainly should not be excluding a guy from playing who has some promise.

Gordon looks all the way back. That is some good news. Bynum has been in street clothes for two games now. Hope his ankle is well soon. (the original injury, not the less severe 2nd ankle sprain.)

Another loss, at home, amidst an excellent stretch where the team is getting plenty of rest, and against a poor team that could not keep the ball. (but did do very well shooting free throws. And Salmons for them showed some nice shooting talent while Noah was a menace on the boards. They ain't that bad.)

In retrospect, any excitement generated by all three of our injured guys returning now has turned to disgust for the decision to do that to the team. No way we needed a large dose of injured guys all needing to rehabilitate at the fans expense. While guys like Summers and Daye are left out. (Worse, amidst all this, once Atkins got a bit of playing time - he automatically gets into all the games regardless of what is going on. And again, at the expense of guys like Summers and Dayes.)

Am I done venting yet. Still got another hour or so before the new year.

We fell behind in the first half, and then played well for a long stretch. We got behind again. And made a bit of a comeback. At least the team has some fight left in it. But Kuester has to let the guys who can play play, and the ones who still need rest to get that rest. Quit starting Rip and Tay just out of old habit. Once they show they deserve to start again, sure let them start. Meanwhile, get Summers and Daye back in there. Win or lose, those guys playing improves the team for the future at least.

12. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Main reason for Pistons loss.....

Rip Hamilton:

29 minutes, 2-for-13 shooting, 4 fouls, 3 turnovers, MINUS 22

13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yep he needs to either be traded or fake an ankle injury and go hide in the piston hot tub.

14. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Wow. I'm a little surprised at this. Playoffs are extremely important.

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We were very fortunate to have so few injuries in prior seasons.

We don't really know what this team would be like if they would have been healthy from the start. Probably a 5 seed with no chance at a title, but definitely not an embarrassment.

16. BillLaimbeer

Before the season started, when everyone was healthy, you predicted they would win between 30-33 games. :stirthepot:

17. roscoe36

I don't agree. I don't think this squad, as constituted gets much out of the playoffs. There are only 5 or so keepers on this squad at best.

We're falling out of the playoff picture, not rising into the playoff picture. If the latter was the case, then I would agree with you that playoffs and playoff experience is paradigm enhancing.

When the man comes around, he needs to decide who will be free and who to blame, before that golden ladder comes reaching down.

18. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Unless something happens quickly, the Pistons would be better off with the high draft pick than the playoffs at this point. Lets see the 5 would be: Stuckey, Gordon, Daye, JJ--I got four keepers--ok, I would develop CV who is a bit of a project really--yes, five.

And really, how can things improve much with the Pistons limited front line. I don't think the problem is Stuckey, Rip, Tay, the coach, on so on. The Piston front line is consistently outplayed and outplayed by a bunch and not just in a few games but game after game. How do you win in the NBA when that happens?

Trades will come but I don't think Joe has any time table. Rip and Tay will probably wind up on good teams as that is Joe's style. I would think some sort of three way trade. But this could happen as late as this summer.

19. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I went to the game with brother and wife and it was a disaster. After it was 33-33, Rip came back in the game. I leaned to my brother and said "here's come a Chicago 10-0 run"...Well, it was 9-2 but still....GAME OVER.

The Place seating is THE WORST I have ever seen. I was in Charlotte last Tuesday and u can actually put your feet on the seat in front of you. Like a movie theater.

The drink rest is the LENGTH of your arm NOT your elbow!!!!!!

U dont have to have a affectionate relationship with your neighbor as he eats YOUR cup of french fries!!!

Mason is begging to get annoying!

The food was very good.

I bought the same RipHamilton jersey at AJ Wrights for $130 LESS!!! than they sell at the Palace ($159 at Palace -$20 at the store- SAME NBA tag, SAME Adidas trademark,SAME stitching!!!!)

I started a chant in the 4th qtr with 8 min left "IF THEY ( THE PISTONS )AINT PLAYING , WE AINT STAYING!!" :pound:So my whole row and I lEFT! (As did 5000 other fans)

Rip is 5-34 FG in last 2 games...Trade him (HA! Did u see his contract?)

I guess 35-47 is too good for this team....

20. BillLaimbeer

I must be missing what Kuester is talking about.