vs Chicago Bulls Thursday December 31 3:00 pm

Discussion in 'December 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons vs Chicago Bulls

Thursday December 31

3:00 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit

Nat'l TV:

Radio: 97.1 The Ticket
  2. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Pistons will be trying to avoid losing 9 straight since the 93-94 team went 20-62 under Don Chaney. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's still a couple of years before the teal era began and Isiah and Laimbeer were still limping around.

In that season they had losing streaks of 14 and 13. Although, the 13 game losing streak was never broken in that season and continued into 94-95 to become 14 also before it was ended.

We also had an 8 game losing streak last season.
  3. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

few years back, i was so excited to watch Pistons on new year eve... i don't know about this year...
  4. max

max All-Star

Good question. I know the only guy who actually played all season was Dumars. Lamb retired early in the season and I cannot recall if Isiah also retired or was hurt all year.

If the Pistons lose this one then may as well pencil in an 11 game streak since the next 2 games are Dallas and SA on a back-back in Texas.

Stranger things have happened. They could win this game and turn around the season.
  5. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

I have faith that we will see the hottest team coming out of the all star break!!
  6. roscoe36

7. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

Wow.. Nice way of end the 2009..

:sad:
  8. Bender

Bender First Round Draft Pick

You can't be a jump shooting team if you can't make jump shots.:gun1:
  9. roscoe36

When you're this bad, all you can do is laugh it off. We're really, really bad.
  10. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Hopefully we're bad enough to land a Mr. John Wall.

No excuse for this kind of effort tonight. Other than Stuckey, Big Ben and JJ, the entire team just mailed it in. You can't have just 3 guys playing hard when you are as bad as we are.
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons losing streak reaches nine as they roll two more ankles with Ben and Stuckey going down in the first quarter. Both return to play however so we will need to see how they mend over the next few days.

As Joe Dumars wins the executive of the decade award, the Pistons close out the decade with nine straight losses....8 of those to teams with losing records themselves. I don't believe they reached 100 points in any of those games.

Today they were able to secure Del Negro's job by handing him his third straight win after he was almost fired on Christmas day.

This game was lost at the FT line and the rebounding as the Bulls were 30-35 from the line compared to the Pistons 14-18. But alas you are not going to the line if you have three players shooting jumpers all game with an occasional drive to the hoop. Rip was 2-13, Tay was 5-16 and Villanueva was 4-14. That my friends was 11-43 from the field....We were also out rebounded 49-33. Noah grabbed 21 of them...

The Bulls had 24 turnovers and we still lost by 11....

It may be time to offer Rip to another team before his stock drops. Tay played 36 mins and Daye played a little over 2??

Stuckey was second best player on the floor today (behind Rose) and he spent some of the time getting his ankle iced down. 22 pts, 6 assists and 4 steals. Gordon was OK to trying to keep the Pistons in it with 21 pts.

Happy New Year folks
  12. roscoe36

Rip and Tay are mailing it in, but I thought Ben Gordon played hard, Wilcox did what he can do, Chucky is the consumate pro, and Maxiell is what he is.

What was disappointing to me, was seeing Kuester with his head in his hands (again) in the 4th Q. He can't afford to show that to this team or the fans. Whether it is eating him up or not, it's his job to show leadership. The team is a reflection of the coach.
  13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Pretty well sums it up.

Can't wait for this years version to come out
  14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agree Scoe...at this point it doesn't appear that he can even match the victory total of the most hated Piston coach of the decade...Tableclothed Curry
  15. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Agree on all points. I like Kuester (certainly a heck of a lot more than I liked Curry) but his leadership qualities as a coach are certainly questionable. You can't have a defeatist attitude from that position... it will resonate with the rest of the team.
  16. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

More turned ankles than wins so far this year.
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I pictured retooling on the fly to be much more enjoyable than this.

Maybe it is just a bad match-up, but the Bulls look to be worlds better than the Pistons.

1st Bulls road win since Nov 16th!?!?

I really don't enjoy watching Stuckey play. Conversely, I think I could watch J Noah play 7 days a week.

Charlie Villanueva is simply horrible.

Happy New Year everybody!
  18. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

This is probably not going to get much better until the Pistons can play an NBA level front line. Noah joins a string of bigs (West, Scola, Lee, and on and on) who just had his way.

Guess what? The teams best rebounder is Kwame. At least he doesn't get jumped over. Wilcox is not a center.

How about running some screens for Gordon and Stuckey? The offense has no sense or purpose. Rip shooting threes--why? Tay doing the pump fake and then we get nothing later in the clock. Please don't pass the ball into the post for another turnover.

CV needs to practice the 3 ball. How many has he hit lately? He is not a banger so if he is going to be Sheed-like or a Richard Lewis type he absolutely needs the spot up three. He will get that open three look and can't be of much help to the Piston offense if he can't nail it.
  19. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

These last few games have been like initial preseason games for Tay and Rip. If you look at the shooting from our team you can see who has not been out due to injury and who has.

Stuckey - Been playing all season and getting more consistent
    Bengo - Been hurt most recently and not out as long as the rest. His shot is coming back quicker due to less time off.
    CV - Still hurt and trying to work through the foot pain and playing with the mask. He was on fire before the injury and expect him to get back there as the foot heals.
    Rip - Been out all year and doesn't have his legs or his shot. May still be awhile before he is all the way back. Needs the minutes and shots to get there.
    Tay - See Above.

I don't think it is a coincidence that the guys that are struggling the most are the ones that have missed the most time.

Would still like to see Daye get more minutes at the 3 as Tays sub. His shot will come with more reps. He needs the experience the most of our rookies.
  20. roscoe36