vs Chicago Bulls Sunday March 28 6:00 pm

Discussion in 'March 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons vs Chicago Bulls

Sunday March 28

6:00 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit

Nat'l TV:

Radio: 97.1 The Ticket
  2. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

3. roscoe36

4. roscoe36

5. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I missed what happened to CAS, or did Q just realize the magnitude of his suckiness and gave up on him? Some sweet CAS minutes anyhow, below five. That's how I like em. :gun1:
  6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

CAS???
  7. roscoe36

Charlie All Star.
  8. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Charlie Allstar. :pound:Some other guy gave him that name in another game thread.
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons lose their 8th tanking game in a row to stay within game and a half of Flips Floppers and move within 2.5 games of Da Warriors for top 3 bragging rights and a guarantee of Wall, Turner or Cousins.

Once again they put up a fight in the end just to sway peoples mind away from the tanking mode, but with freeagentkings Bengo and Charlie Allstar? putting up a 3 point effort, you know they are experts who have been on tanking teams before.

We basically got more points (15) out of rookies Daye and Summers then we got of the two Uconned-us Free agents.

This is the first time the Pistons have lost 50 games since the George Irvine lead 2000-01 season, when we finished 32-50.....and with 9 more games left, I would not be surprised if we reached 57 losses this year.....

Yep we have hit taynk bottom....now lets hope the draft rewards us for this futility
  10. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

I remember predicting 51 losses very grudgingly. Seems like I was being too harsh on the guys. Now this...:boom: :boom: :boom:
  11. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I do not think that they tank on purpose.

simply rip and Tay can't do workload of "missing" CAS and Bengo too.

IMO injuries are not so big deal as Silvertongue likes to insist.
  12. Brap

Brap Starter

We have no size at PF and C. Jerebko is more of a 3 than a 4 right now, and Maxiell is undersized even as a 4. Simply put, we've got no interior defense whatsoever.
  13. LA Dre

no heart and no guts no wallace & Wallace & Mcdyess = no interior defense no victories lately

Defense from vets Kwame, Maxie, Villanueva, and Wilcox is below par and defense from rooks Summer, Daye and JJ are still a work in progress....

Explains why the Pistons have given up over 100 pts in 11 out of the last 14 games and lost all but two of them.
  14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It wouldn't quite be a guarantee of top 3. If you finished 3rd worst, you could end up picking anywhere from #1 to #6. Probability says you should be around #3, though.
  15. Brap

Brap Starter

It also hurts that Gordon and Bynum are very poor defensively. I'm hoping (praying?) that their awfulness is due to lingering injuries which have effected their quickness.

It's a complete mystery to me what has happened to Gordon, even with his injuries. It's like he's totally lost all his confidence at every aspect of the game. I know the guy is a fine and hard-working player - I know it - I've seen it for the past 5 seasons before this one. But now, he can't dribble, pass, shoot or defend - his decision making is terrible and his effort is horrendous. His performance this season is just weird.

If this is a case of Gordon getting contract-happy and just mailing it in, I'm going to barf my breakfast.
  16. LA Dre

You are correct...but moving up/down to the third spot also improves our chances from 8.8% to 15.6% of the balls.
  17. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

They're all mailing it in. The rookies are the only ones that are still somewhat interested in playing. These guys are just playing half-assed at the moment. They know what's going on. All remaining games are just formalities. They're all pointless. So why break a sweat? If there was an option to forefeit all remaining games and start the summer early, they'll all be hitting the links tomorrow.
  18. Brap

Brap Starter

I thought we'd be around .500 or slightly better. I thought Kwame would be a good backup center, and that we had a ton of firepower and depth. I thought Summers would be an immediate help, that CV would be a high powered offensive player, that Gordon would be a great sixth man, that Stuckey and Bynum would put constant pressure on O and D attacking the basket a lot and opening up the court for big 3 point threats, Gordon, CV and Summers and Tay and Rip. I figured Ben Wallace for about 10-15 good minutes per game off the bench. Jerebko was going to see a lot of D league time, and if we traded Prince, that Daye would start getting serious time.

I feel safe in saying that I sure nailed those predictions.
  19. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The NBA guard that Gordon can handle defensively hasn't been created yet, so it shouldn't be a surprise that he doesn't defend. He didn't in Chicago and he's not going to here. I'm not even sure I believe it's for lack of effort - he just doesn't get it. The harder he tries to defend the more fouls he picks up. But defense isn't why you bring someone like him in. You bring him in to score, and if he can't do that consistently for you, then you made a bad choice. You could say the same thing about CAS.

Bynum, for better for wose, is more in the Iverson mold than anyone else's. He has to have the ball to be effective at all, and he most impacts the game when he can dribble a lot, drive, and get to the line. Defensively he'll pick some pockets along the way, but in the halfcourt he's more or less useless.

Dumars said last summer that this was an experiment. That he knew the team wouldn't defend well and that they had to outscore opponents to win. Unfortunately whether it's from injuries, the way the team plays, or maybe they just don't like the uniforms, BG and CAS haven't consistently made teams pay on the offensive end. If they can't do that, then the Pistons are going to lose a lot of relatively high scoring games.
  20. Brap

Brap Starter

They've been wretched offensively. Not just not great, and not just not average, but wretched.