vs Chicago Bulls Sunday December 26 6:00 pm

Discussion in 'December 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

That's right Pistons...make sure the ONE guy that's hot in the 4th DOESN'T EVEN SEE THE DAMN BASKETBALL in overtime. Even Maxiell has gotten the ball in the post. McGrady has to be shaking his head at the fact that, even while crippled, he's the best player on this team. My god.
  2. Brap

Brap Starter

Except for the fact that McGrady has to be traded, and will be -- really, it's too simple, (He'll never re-sign with us next season, he's a terrific player and is getting healthier, and he'd compliment any great team), that's exactly what we should do. Bynum has stopped playing the brand of BB that got him an extension, and he's worthless. Still, since we're trading Tracy, we need Bynum to be the backup PG on the roster until we find his replacement.

I'm really sorry to have concluded that. I loved Bynum when he burst on our scene.
  3. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Nice choke Stuckey. You are officially garbage.
  4. Brap

Brap Starter

You're ridiculous.

Stuckey made the right play, got fouled (no call) and didn't finish. Stuckey played fine and got taken out of the game with better stats than Rose with a tick tack 3rd and bad call 4th foul in the 3rd quarter.

Then when he came back, he was playing in a small-ball rotation and wasn't guarding Rose. Rose is the one who had a questionable game. Lots of shots taken, bad percentage, and a for-crap assist to turnover ratio.

We didn't lose because of this matchup. We lost because we have nobody on the roster outside of Monroe who belongs on the interior.
  5. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

As a supporter of the "lose as many games as possible and get a high pick" rebuilding plan, this game was just about perfect for me. A close, entertaining game that doesn't hinder our ability to get as many lottery balls as possible.

Disappointed I didn't get to see all of T-Mac's great quarter. Rose was off all OT, but Boozer easily abused the front court.

Edit: Brap, Stuckey didn't get fouled. There was barely any contact and it was all initiated by Stuckey. He just short armed it.
  6. Pwn Toney

If by "ridiculous" you mean absolutely on point and 100% correct, then I agree.
  7. pgrnpacer

pgrnpacer First Round Draft Pick

We needed a three pointer to tie the game on the last posession of OT and Stuckey was in the game lol. CV ended up taking the final three contested which I guess wasn't really that terrible but they panned to TMac sarcastically smiling for quite a while. Rip still has hops after all that time in the game? Where was Ben Gordon in OT?...

PING PONG BALLS!!!!
  8. Pwn Toney

...and Kuester is mostly to blame for not making sure McGrady gets the ball. When Maxiell gets a touch in overtime, yet McGrady doesn't, YOU are a coaching FAIL.
  9. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

He didn't get fouled and he took on three defenders while there were open players all over the floor.

Horrible decision, awful finish, mediocre player.
  10. Pwn Toney

Yeah...we're definitely doing the lottery dance...but it's like 'Lottery Dancing with the Stars'...Let's see who can win with the least amount of talent.
  11. Pwn Toney

You forgot atrocious Point Guard
  12. Brap

Brap Starter

Not playing Daye every single game, significant minutes, is coaching stupidity, and organizational-development malpractice.

Not having him and Gordon in there instead of Tay and Prince is too moronic to even post about.
  13. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

That goes without saying.

This guy won't be in the league much longer.
  14. Brap

Brap Starter

You mean the guy who was +8 for the game, right? It's like some of you guys don't even follow BB.
  15. Pwn Toney

We follow the game enough to know that +/- stats are useless when you make piss poor decisions in crunch time and you lose by 3 at home in overtime.
  16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Game as a whole. Very poor coaching. The Pistons can easily enough beat this team, but the coach has a different agenda - play Bynum.

What a contrast between the bad bench - and the good one.

Again, the unit of Stuckey, Rip, TMAC, Monroe, and JMAX was pretty awesome. Yes, a few of their bench players made shots - or we would have won this one.

Gordon did little, but yes, Stuckey was able to score inside readily enough - but that is more CV playing instead of Monroe that is spreading the floor out better. CV had a good enough scoring game, pretty much all stuff closer to the basket than he is known for mostly this season.

Tay was clutch, TMAC was truly awesome. Rip scored a ton in the 2nd half - when in with TMAC in a logical unit.

When in a pinch, or any time he can - coach goes small. Probably not overused in this one - at least not definitely overused. But Chicago did notice and exploit our small unit a bit. Tay at power forward should be used as a surprise only. But hey, this is nitpicking - Bynum being forced into the rotation did us in, not the bit of small ball we played up front.

TMAC and Rip went a combined like 8-8 in the 4th at one point, or something like that. Pretty darn impressive from TMAC, just raising up over people like the TMAC of old. Yes, by the end of the OT, I suppose TMAC was way past his shelf life. Coach has got to find a way to sub in on occasion in such situations. Yes, absolutely I loved seeing TMAC play that much and not walk off the floor injured -but guess what - TMAC could have came in earlier in the 2nd half - and then got rested some - playing the same minutes but perhaps being more effective overall.

The starters got off to a solid start in the 2nd half, but then fell apart - made far worse when Stuckey got his 4th foul and Bynum came in. I say if the team is doing that bad - bring in the subs. No need to give up a 14-0 run. (This is actually allowed - no rule against it - the starters still can come in for a bit to rest the subs a bit.)

I hate that they lost, but it was still a great game in terms of showing just how awesome our bench can be if the coach allows it.

Ok, I suppose I have typed my anger out for the moment.

You all have a great night.
  17. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I thought you retired from Leecaps?

I can't take watching Stuckey anymore.
  18. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

The best thing about this game was Stuckey's post game hugs with the Bulls. He sure doesn't seem to care much about anything besides collecting a paycheck he doesn't deserve.
  19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I see a lot of misplaced hostility toward Stuckey, Stuckey continually scored inside in this game, getting to the foul line plenty enough too. We were plus 8 with Stuckey in - which means, to be exact:

In regulation, Stuckey was plus 11. Bynum was minus 11.

Plus 11, against the team in first place in your division, is hardly anything to hang your head in shame over. No Bynum, and we win this game easy enough. Bynum had no business at all playing in this one.

Coaching loss, pure and simple.

One more thing - when TMAC was hot, Stuckey was right along side him - and let TMAC - and Rip - stay hot. For the time he was in the game - Stuckey was either providing scoring, or letting the guys around him score without interfering. Pretty good game in all from Stuckey - whether he is a true point or not.
  20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Y'all are trippin!

1. As was said earlier, don't ever compare Rose and Stuckey ever again, but I'm sure you (Brap) will.

2. Bynum wasn't that bad folks and you can't pin this on him (or Stuckey). Stuckey made some winning plays out there in the 4th with his hustle.

3. CV played some really good basketball in the 2nd half.

4. Boozer has been killing EVERYBODY since he came back, there's a reason why this guy keeps attracting big contracts as a free agent.

5. Whatever our coach did or did not do, whoever he played or sat, when it was all said and done we were in a position to win this basketball game in the final minutes of regulation and OT, and that's all I ask for, after that it's all on the players, Stuckey got a good look, but he missed, he needs to get in the habit of taking some clutch shots, even if he misses, it's the only way he can possibly take the next step......however, I'm not holding my breath that there is a next step for Stuckey, but I thought he played a pretty decent ball game tonight.

If I had one Goat for this game it would be Ben Wallace, he couldn't stop Boozer (but I'm not holding that against him since most players in the league can't stop Boozer), he couldn't make a layup and he couldn't secure the defensive glass. When Ben isn't giving all out hustle and crashing boards he's useless. Lee has pointed out on several occasions that Wallace was brought in to be the 5th Big, not our starting center, this guy is the one who's killing us.