vs Chicago Bulls Sunday December 26 6:00 pm

Discussion in 'December 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

The Pistons will be DETermined to push their streak to 3 wins, as they battle the Bulls, who recently got bull-ied on Christmas Day by the Knicks.
  3. Brap

Brap Starter

I'm hoping for a game where Stuckey proves he can play with Rose. I'm sick of Rose being considered a young PG basketball god and Stuckey getting next to no respect.
  4. Brap

Brap Starter

Boozer is EXACTLY the type of NBA player that kills the Pistons, making it more obvious by the day how badly we need a true top-flight PF on our team. He's just eating CV's lunch.

When CV isn't scoring a lot, he's generally a liability at that position.

We need to solve that problem - and I'm sure we will, either in the pending Tay, Rip and/or McGrady trades, or in the 2011 draft.
  5. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

The Pistons can't rebound and this problem is compounded by Kuester's strategy of switching every single pick and roll... might want to change that if we are to even compete on the glass and ultimately, in this game.
  6. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

8. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

almost every PF or C in this league shows the big weakness at that spot - defensively as well as in the offense. But to be fair, Boozer has been a monster lately against everyone
  9. Brap

Brap Starter

So far so good - Stuckey's playing even with, if not slightly better than, Rose. The key is whether Stuckey can bring his game up to keep up with Rose down the stretch of games. Can he and does he might be two separate questions. Stuckey, unlike Rose, is on a team where everyone defers to him. Rose is becoming an AI like gunner - freezing all his teammates out except for Boozer. Stuckey's on a team with guys like Tay and Rip, who take over when they shouldn't, and CV and Gordon and sometimes even Bynum - guys the ball goes to if they've been hot.

So - the comparison between these two guys isn't really fair. IMO, they're pretty similar talents.
  10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

1st half. Ineffective starters, can't rebound, score, or much else. Still, they did better to end the first half at least on defense.

But therein lies the problem. Look, our 2nd unit was fantastic last game - with this unit out there:

Stuckey, Rip, TMAC, JMAX, Monroe.

So why the heck do we find our starters all back in this 2nd quarter - with our 2nd unit accomplishment nothing much?

We never used our very successful unit from last game for this game. Not for a moment. By the time they pulled Bynum out, they also pulled JMAX, leaving us no strength inside.

Those who don't like JMAX - pay attention. When he came in, Chicago's scoring came to a crawl.

I doubt that Kuester noticed.

40-34. Horrid on offense. But the defense held.

Monroe sure looks impressive on the defensive glass.

Rip hit one shot. Gordon again is doing nothing from the outside. Chicago has two decent defenders out there at guard in Bogans and Rose.

Stuckey got inside some to give us at least something impressive to watch. Tay is the only other Piston who seems to be able to score so far.

My prediction, and I hate to predict - if we waste time in the 2nd half using Bynum to slow us down, we will lose this game. We got to go back to what worked last game.
  11. pgrnpacer

pgrnpacer First Round Draft Pick

Don't ever compare Stuckey with somone on the level that Derrick Rose is on.....just shameful.

Stuckey can drive.....and that is the ONLY thing he can do.

Rose can drive, shoot midrange, shoot treys, make ridiculous layups with elite athleticism in traffic against big men, he runs the Bulls offense decently enough and he gets a decent amount of steals.

Derrick Rose is light years ahead of Stuckey and that will never change....unless Stuckey learns how to make a jump shot or three-ball.

We have only one big man on our roster. A rookie named Greg Monroe who may or may not be a center.....so we are 3 big men short of competing on a night-in night-out basis. I am not including Big Ben because he will not be here with us past this season and potentially next season. We are not competitive.
  12. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

LOL, I saw Rip handing out towels to BenG during the 1st timeout in the 3rd quarter.
  13. Brap

Brap Starter

I'm pretty much done with Bynum as a Piston - he's the worst defensive player I've ever seen. I don't understand why - he's so athletic that he should be able to stay in front of anyone. But he can't stay in front of anyone. And on offense, he's become a really lazy player. He's signed his contract and most games just doesn't look to take it to the rim like he used to, when he was one of the games great penetrators. He's a lousy shooter, so it's not like we ever want him taking those shots to establish his scoring bona fides during the game.
  14. Brap

Brap Starter

Yeah, you're wrong.
  15. Brap

Brap Starter

Stuckey's effective shooting percentage is higher than Rose's. I like Rose - don't get me wrong, but he's a gunner on a team where he's allowed to be a gunner.
  16. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Stuckey being passive garbage out there... isn't even looking to make plays.
  17. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I'm at a loss for words. Stuckey is..... wow...just wow...I'm not sure I can watch much more of this guy. He is TERRIBLE.
  18. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

You forgot the sarcasm tags.
  19. Brap

Brap Starter

I cannot stand watching this team with Rip and Tay playing major minutes. It's unwatchable. Rip thinks he's a playmaker - and the truth is he stinks in that role - flat out stinks. Rip just threw it away down the stretch on a key position.

Tay, lotta minutes, no rebounds in a game where we've been decimated in the rebounding stat.

Rip ends up freezing Stuckey out of his game, and taking the ball out of his hands is his and Tay's specialty.

-- BTW, McGrady can really play.
  20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

2nd half. Probably by accident, since Stuckey was in foul trouble early in the 3rd - we played the right bench unit to start the 4th. And ended up tying it up to send it to OT. Wow. TMAC gets 15 in the 4th, compared to zilch in the 2nd quarter. Seems like a pretty simply decision. Dump Bynum. Play the bench that works.