vs Charlotte Bobcats Wednesday November 11 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'November 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 2, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons vs Charlotte Bobcats

Wednesday November 11

7:30 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit Plus

Nat'l TV:

Radio: 950 WWJ
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Yo, yo, yo, where's all the excitement at?

Check out this roster, I can't believe they've won a game.

BOBCATS: Player Profiles
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Don't forget about Ronald Murray. Plus, they have one of our former prize FA acquisitions, Nazr.

The Bobcats have the exact same record as we do. Something has to give.

I just noticed that there are currenly only 4 teams in the East with records worse than us. Must win game.
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Geez, we were supposed to be battling Miami and Milwaukee for one of the last playoff spots and they are 2nd and 4th in the conference.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

What if we just sort of tank this puppy out and get our big man via lottery? Seems like the easiest way to go.

Tay is hurt. We could trade Rip for some nasty expirings that won't contribute, but who will drop off the books. Play Jerebko, Daye, and Summers a bunch to train them. Make sure to call a bunch of pick and pops for Kwame and Ben Wallace. Tip off the other coach on plays where the call is for Stuckey to dribble drive. Many ways to do this without really doing it.
  6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think they already have this down.
  7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

You're joking but that is alegit question. Is it better for us to get a high draft pick or a low playoff seed and 1st rd exit?
  8. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

We'll get what we earn (Jim Leland), but lying down is not an option.
  9. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

winning is a learned part of the game IMO.... very seldom does tanking a season get you a player and you bounce back to the elite... Duncan and maybe you can say James (i don't think its work out that great actually).

the difference between low lottery picks and picks for 7th and 8th seeds arn't normally that much.

I never want to see a team that sells out a season....
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Looks like no Rip tonight per the Bobcats pregame broadcasters. Anything in the local papers indicate when Rip's actual return is???

The Cats are on a back to back, so our youth should be able to wear them down...I hope.
  11. roscoe36

12. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Utter domination of the 'Cats. Way to go Q! I need to go back and watch the game, but the boxscore looks great. And that dunk by Bynum HAS TO be the dunk of the night. Once again Tyson Chandler is posterized by a Piston. :MusicBigGrin:
  13. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Although I want to see Charlie and Ben put this kind of offensive output out when they are actually challenged defensively, I'll definitely take this as an indicator of what they are capable of. Stuckey seemed to actually play within himself this game. Definitely need to see more of that. I'm much happier with him when he doesn't try to be a scorer.

Sucks I missed the Bynum dunk. Hopefully it'll actually get some SC love.

Once November 15th hits, the rest of the month will be the real test as to where this team is at this early juncture.
  14. roscoe36

15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Great Pistons victory that was probably won in the second qtr when Coach K went with Ben, CV and the three guards and that extended a tight game to a 11 pt halftime lead. The Pistons then came out on all cylinders in the 3rd blasting the Bcats 29 to 12. I think CV scored 18 pts in that qtr and finished with a team high 30. (this might be the Pistons season high??)

The Piston lead swelled to 30 in the 4th qtr and with Garbage time starting at about the 6 minute mark, the scrubs allowed the bobcats make the final score respectable. The Pistons had 22 assists thru the end of 3 and I said in chat at the start of the 4th that I would take bets that the Pistons would not hit 30 assists and they didn't finishing with 26.

Stuckey only took 10 shots and made 6 finishing with 16 pts and 7 assists. Gordon scored over 20 for the 8th straight game (all of them) and had 8 assists.

Bynum only took 6 shots and made 5 of them including two Monster Jams...that should show up on the ESPN and NBA TV top ten plays of the night.

Daye got a a putback Dunk, but could not get it started with 4 turnovers including 3 for traveling.

SUmmers played and got his first two NBA points.

Wilcox continued his uninspired play shootin 0-3 and 2 TO's in 6 minutes.

Chucky even got into two stat categories with a TO and an assist

He and Wilcox were -8 for their last six minutes of GT.

Over all good win to get us back to .500. and temporarily the 8th spot in the conference.
  16. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

What a fun game for us! My fav was Bynum's block and monster jam on the breakaway. We got hot. They bricked shots.
  17. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Are you saying we made our shots? [​IMG]

I'm astounded that BBBen played over 30 minutes without one single FG or FT attempt. I still love the rebounding, though.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Well that was enjoyable. Everything went our way the entire night.

Stuckey hitting jump shots with consistency, including a no hesitation trey.

Ben Gordon scoring every which way. Those floaters are so effortless.

Bynum with the human highlight show. My babies were sleeping in the nursery until his monster jam in the half court set caused me to yell out.

Charlie V repeating his scoring spree and showing a spectacular repetoir of long shots, mid rangers, and even drives. What touch. I've noticed that the way that he gets his shots off in the post is by "quick shooting" them. No elevation required, just unpredictability

And of course Ben Wallace filling up the stat sheet like the old days. Boards, assists, steals, blocks, you name it (as long as you don't name points). One pass was particularly deft as he seemed to barely touch it out of a double to Villanueva.

The fledgling tenderfoots also had moments of competance with Jerebko providing his usual energy. Daye signed up for a refresher course in the rules of basketball while Summers was welcomed to the big leagues through a series of arbitrary, yet grievous whistles.

* Kwame Brown, Chris Wilcox, and Chucky Atkins were also seen by the 1,587 fans that were in attendance during the waning moments of the contest.
  19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

What, we got outrebounded on the offensive boards. Horrible effort. Or wait. Gee, we did not miss any shots. Still no excuse. Or gee, guess it is. Our top 4 scorers scored 84 points combined while only missing 13 shots total. Not many offensive boards to get. (anyone get the joke - it was a laugher so I started out trying to get a laugh.)

For just a moment, I was thinking Gordon was going to easily be the scoring hero tonight. But on comes Villanueva. 18 in the 3rd quarter to go with 12 2nd half points. Gordon at 22, Stuckey and Bynum at 16 rounded out the top scorers for us.

So was all this fire power an excuse to play a poor defensive game? Can't have that. And we did not. Just 41 points given up in the first half to make our points hold up. Then in that 3rd quarter, while CV was going nuts, our defense tightened up to stifling level. Charlotte kept in the game thru most of the first half by running some good plays featuring a ton of passes. But there bag of tricks ran out and their time ran out. We went to a three guard lineup for the end of the first half, and seemed to negate their plays, which were a lot based on perimeter play. We got an 11 point lead and shortly into the 2nd half started expanding it. And then it was an avalanche, game over.

CV does not just shoot the ball when he catches it. He does a whole lot of driving toward the basket, and shows an extremely effective floater. Of course, if you play him for the drive, he will nail the outside shot, out to 3 range with ease. Charlotte simply had noone stop him.

The play of the night was Bynum's first dunk. Yeah, the 2nd one, set up by his steal was nice too. But that first one was a surprise. Looked like Bynum was going to put a floater up himself, but it was not just the ball going up, it was Bynum with an explosive result.

Gordon and Stuckey both had fine games with assists and points. Gordon with that rainbow shot of his sure looks automatic from long range at times. And back to the floater. Gordon is pretty darn good at those. If you let him get a free lane toward the basket for a moment, that floater is going down.

Of note, Jerebko started the game and we went up 16-8, at which point he was pulled for Daye. Charlotte then caught back up, tightening up their defense on us and tightening up their play making. Not Daye's fault - just wanted to point out that our starters, when including Jerebko, were awesome tonight. JJ had his first made three for us.

Another nice thing for many is that Summers got a moment to play - while the game actually counted. He later got his first points on a jumper. But he got about 5 minutes from the end of the 1st quarter to the start of the 2nd quarter. Maybe less, maybe just 3 minutes, but anyway it was a start. Not much to say, he looked like he has not been playing.

Daye shows some skills on D. Blocking, bothering shots. Following his guy well. He played maybe 2 whole minutes at guard in garbage time before Atkins came on.

Yes Wilcox looked rusty. He has not been playing. But gee, they treated him bad tonight, not getting him extra burn with that kind of lead early in the 3rd quarter. Since we gave up both Amir and Afflalo to make room for this guy, it would be nice to see if he has anything to contribute to make up for those two not being here.

Kwame did play. A 3 point play where he threw some slop in after getting fouled was his highlight. The game was out of reach at that point if I recall.

JMAX had some defensive highlights including an impressive block. He made a jumper as soon as he got into the game.

Ben Wallace as usual led the defensive side of things. And yes, even though we scored readily, it was our defense that made the hoops count.

And just to reiterate, both Ben Gordon and CV were out there during that something like a 20-2 run (or so) that put the game away. Yes, they are buying in to playing defense. Darn good news.
  20. max

max All-Star

Charlie V was amazing. Out scored the entire Bobcats team in the 3rd Q. 30 points on 13-17 shooting for the game.

CV and Ben Gordon accounted for over half of all Pistons points at 52 combined. Not bad for a couple of bad signings.

Great game to watch. Winning games that they are supposed to win and are now back at .500