1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

vs Charlotte Bobcats Wednesday February 2 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'February 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

All jokes aside this was truly as must win game and we simply were not capable of winning, we lost to the better team. The teams in the 7th and 8th playoff spots (Phil & Char) are better than us and so is Milw, so as hopeful as I've been this season tonight closed the door on my hope for this team-this year.

There's NOBODY in the upcoming draft that makes me drool and would make me say JACK POT!!! outside of the top 3, Perry Jones is a HUGE question mark, Sullinger is going to be good solid pro-no more/no less, Irving is probably coming back, Kanter hasn't and won't play this year and Terrance Jones is a guy who I believe will struggle as a tweener forward in the NBA i.e. Ryan Gomes 2.0.

Time to move Tay and hope some team wants him bad enough to take Rip and his contract too, did ya hear that GM's across the league, in Detroit we're having a 2 for 1 sale on players, bring in your expiring contracts and walk away with TWO, that's right, TWO rotation players, act now because this deal expires on Feb24th, Joe Dumars is standing by.

Players who need to go: Rip, Max and CV and I'd give up Tay and our upcoming lottery pick to facilitate such a move.

2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

You know it's funny I always hear folks in the Pistons Org talking about, "Learning how to close out games", just what exactly is there to learn? Either you can defend or you can't, either you can take your man and get a shot (or draw a foul) for yourself or a teammate or you can't, on this team we don't have guys who can create their own shot IN THE 4th Qtr, sadly (a hot) Will Bynum might be the closest thing we have to that.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Saw the first half live and then just finish watching the tape of the second half....This game was lost at two places....midway thru the 3rd and to open the 4th.

first the turning point IMO was around the 6 min mark of the third qtr, when after building an 8 pt lead, the Pistons had a chance to build the lead to 10 and TMac stole the rock passed it to Gordon who could not get the pass to Tay in time for the quick layup. Tay dribbled around the circle and missed a short brick from the left. The Bobcats went down and scored to make it 56-50 Pistons. They take the ball down the court and Tay missed another jumper from the left. The Bobcats grabbed the board and go down and score 3 on an and 1 situation and the score is 56-53...Pistons..

Wilcox bungles the ball on the next Piston possession, it stolen from him and BANG > Jackson hits a three to tie it 56...although TMac hits a three to go ahead, its clear that we have given the Bobcats life and the momentum swings their way and they open the 4th on a 13-0 run forcing the Pistons to play catchup the rest of the game.

For those paying attention, the Pistons had a 8 pt lead over the Knicks mid way through the third qtr on Sunday and fell apart then allowing the Knicks to blow the game open in the 4th and run away with it.

Once again the Pistons opponent makes more FT than we have attempts. (yep 2tough, we miss your FTA)...and again we got killed on the boards 46-30 :gun1:ouch!

4. pgrnpacer

pgrnpacer First Round Draft Pick

For every basket that Will Bynum makes us he gives away probably 1.25 baskets to the opposition who can fire at "will" over the top of him.

I especially like the missed inbounds pass dunk that Monroe couldn't finish. Boy he and Daye are gonna have some great stories to tell on some D-League team's bench down the road. You are 6-10 and you can't get enough lift to put one in the hole when spoon-fed?.....sad.

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Pistons are missing that extra scoring from their SG in either Rip or Stuckey, they both can get to the line if needed and can hit the FT's. If Stuckey and White can't play and Rip is over his flu virus, then he needs to be out there playing.

We have the Nets and Bucks coming up next and there is no guarantee that either of them will be wins. Next is the 22 losses in a row Cavs and with our luck, we would lose to them because we are to busy looking ahead to the Friday night showdown vs the Heat.

The Wizards have not won a road game this season, but we don't get a chance play and beat them at the Palace until March 4th.... :sssh:

6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think we know the answer to that. This was more or less the same game they were winning a week or two ago, except neither Prince nor CV were able to hit jumpshots. I'm not sure Prince hit one all night, maybe his first try. He dunked a lot, but no jumpers. Same for CV - nada.

And once again the Bynum express derailed. Stuckey is my new hero.

7. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I'm getting less and less convinced by Daye for every game. I'm not even overly impressed when his jumper is hitting. I'm almost ready to jump from the "trade Tay is a priority"-camp to "resign Tay is a priority"-camp.

8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I would rather lose with somebody new than lose with Tay. I don't even think he is always trying to win. He looks like he's trying to get his own points.

9. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I'd rather try to win with a new coach.......

10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The coach is the least of this team's problems right now......

11. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

We had a chance to win this one. This is a coaching loss.

You have to get T-Mac back in the game halfway through the 4th quarter. Bynum is not the answer late in the fourth when the defense stiffens. His head seems to balloon and passing becomes his least favorite thing to do. The ball movement grinds to a halt once he tries to "takeover the game".

A combination of T-Mac's basketball smarts and height and we win this game. The rest of the line up on the floor was fine. We had to go zone to cover up his "short"comings and got torched on shots and rebounds.

Pairing Bynum and Gordon at any time during any game is a recipe for disaster.

A few random questions:

Will Rip ever play for us again??

Will he get an ovation when he does or booed??

Are we better with Rip in the rotation or Bynum??

12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The Bobcats look like a pretty good team. They're much bigger/stronger then the Pistons are. Their patience on offense was admirable.

I know I have said this before, but I absolutely love Steve Jackson!!! I really blew it by not naming my son after him. (Stinkin’ wife!)

Maybe the Pistons should only play Bynum when they're down big in the 4th? We can call him the fire alarm.

Kwame did look good and I do believe he has found some confidence recently, but some of the things he did last night like defensive rebounding, using his size to dunk and to deter post play he was doing here.

The Bobcats try to utilize his strengths which was not done here because that my friends is not Piston basketball. If you are a big man who does not go out of his way to help the guards then you will not be in DET for long.

It is one game, but it is kind of embarrassing to lose to a team that had so much going against them coming into the game. From the DetNews:

http://detnews.com/article/20110202/SPORTS0102/102020434/Stephen-Jackson-scores-39-as-Bobcats-blow-past-Pistons#ixzz1CuTF888e

OMG, they're flipping the switch!!! Get Billups out of here.............

13. pgrnpacer

pgrnpacer First Round Draft Pick

I hear you brother....I am in the same boat. If Daye can't hit his wide open shots then what else is he good at? He is not particularly quick on defense...although he IS long. I dunno.

At the end of the fourth when Bynum was tearing up the defense for basket after basket I kept asking myself.....where was this aggressiveness earlier in the game when he first came in? We might have won if he tore it up earlier just because it would be demoralizing.

I thought for sure that the reason we didn't see much TMac throughout the middle of the game was that coach was making sure he could play the last 8 mins of the game to close it out.....oh well.

14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

That's why folks really irk me when they say so and so could avg 20ppg, hogwash! Guys who avg 20ppg do so because they can fill it up EVERY GAME (or at least 70-75 of 'em), not every 3rd or 4th game like Tay or CV and this team needs a couple of 20ppg scorers in the worse way, we have 1 in Ben Gordon, but he needs a partner

I keep teetering on this. Daye can't get his own, I'm not impressed either that he can shoot the ball when it's passed to him (via good ball rotation) and knock down an open jumper, absolutely nothing special about that at all, right now he's just a skinnier Vladimir Radmanovich, if we're lucky.

And therein lies my teeter, while I'm not impressed by Daye and I am COMPLETELY convinced he is in no-way-shape-or form ready to take Tay's spot, we still lose with Tay anyway so what difference does it make. I do however believe that if JJ can return to form, JJ+Daye > Tay.

15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

With STuckey out of the lineup Q has the guard rotation all screwed up. He's not working the 3 guard rotation well at all. When the team fell behind by 9 nine points in the 1st minute of the fourth I knew Bynum would stay in, when you're down big late you have no choice but to put some sort of BS gimmick line up out on floor to try to do the impossible and Bynum is great for stuff like that. I felt Q did a poor job of managing the entire 2nd half when we were +11 in the 3rd qtr with an 8 point lead.

16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

From that same article:

Tired? After an extra day of rest? and you have a 9 man rotation? Man get the *Bleep* outta here with that *Bleepin* Bull*Bleep*

17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

One time team MVP Chaz G played almost 16 minutes last night and did not set foot on the court in the 1st or 3rd quarters. Can you say bargain?

18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That's not fair Greg. They had a lot of traveling to the game.

19. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Agree 100%. I think I saw Silas salivating when he saw Q march Bynum and Gordon on the court.

There has to be some sort of directive coming from above telling Q not to play Rip. It absolutely makes no sense to not play him in games where we really needed an SG.

BTW, don't believe in that stomach flu BS. He just couldn't stomach sitting on the bench for another whole game.

20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

True having Bengo and Bynum on the court together is a recipe for disaster, but having CV and Daye out there together is often times just as catastrophic as they have to be our dumbest players (especially on the defensive end), and last night Q had ALL 4 on the court together with Ben Wallace. So on defense we're playing 1on5 and on offense we're playing 4on5 with a shoot first PG who often times goes 1on5.