vs Charlotte Bobcats Friday November 5 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'November 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

T-Mac shows just how mediocore the rest of our perimeter players are. Hobbled and a shell of what he used to be he does things that Rip, Tay, Stuckey and Bynum just can't do. I hope he gets to the point where he can go for 20-24mpg and get that jumper back, as slow as he is, the game is even slower for him, his hoop IQ is off the charts right know.

That 1st qtr was an absolute thing of beauty to watch especially against a Larry Brown coached team who puts defense first. The good news is that this team now has some good basketball on film to watch and study. Our main play in the 1st qtr was the extended high pick and roll near the half court circle with T-Mac and Ben, and it was AWESOME, we got great shots running that play, it created GREAT floor spacing. It seems however that T-Mac is the only Piston capable of running it because we went away from it as soon as Tay took over at PG. I kept saying if Ben Wallace looked good running that play- how much better would Greg Monroe look getting the ball in space like that to drive and dish, he's a much better passer and ball handler than Ben, yet we never ran that play for him????????? I just don't understand.

Greg Monroe is making me eat my words, still can't finish inside worth a darn, and I just can't understand how a guy that tall and long gets stuffed so much inside, it's baffling, there are a ton of slow-no hop 7'ers in the league, but they don't get stuffed like he does. As slow as he is with the ball in the paint, as unathletic as he is with the ball in the paint, he's PHENOMENAL at rebounding the ball. He's shown some excellent foot work, some quick feet too.......they just don't get very high off the ground.... :pound:

Q has got to reduce Tay's minutes he ain't worth squat tired and contrary to popular belief by those in the org, he gets tired, quickly!

For the record, I'm glad Daye was yanked, that kid, for all his talent needs to get mentally tougher, he was making big time mistakes in the 3rd qtr. Now many will say, let him play through them and learn, I agree, BUT, he doesn't seem to be able to do that. Daye makes a mistake and it throws his whole game off, he doesn't seem to be able to shake it off and go on to the next play and his poor play just begins to compound. We all know that Austin's game comes and goes with his confidence.

2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The ever elusive Triple Cuatro!

3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

This was a simple case of addition by subtraction. The ball movement, their organization, teamwork and leadership were all better without the Silver Spoon out there. I would keep him on the bench (although it does make me nervous to mess with the lynchpin of the .285 ball-club they've been since inserting him in the starting lineup.).

Monroe looks like he throws the ball at the underside of the rim when he shoots. I like what I've seen out of him, but I'd like to see him get on the D boards as well.

I love Stephen Jackson as a player. He wouldn't take it to twitter if he had a beef with someone.

Charlotte doesn't have the inside scorers to hurt the Pistons.

I thought Ben played his best game so far. Q has done a good job with his and T-Mac's minutes.

Pick it up, they're back in the race!!!

4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

PISTONS: That’s One

Really Tay??? Because I swear it was in YOUR face that Captain Jack was draining those three's!
    I wish Rodney Stuckey aka "Silver Spoon" aka "Ricky Stratton" aka "Young50" aka "Jogging Rodney" aka The "Joggernaugt" (and my newest one) "Helen Keller" because he surely can't SEE the floor and apparently he can't HEAR his coach either, I wish he thought running the offense was this easy:

It surely isn't Ricky Stratton's game!

5. Ernie the Slow Adult

:pound: Helen Keller, that's awesome.

6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

A yawn from the Helen Keller of point guards (great one kg).

Although delayed until after the Mariachi Vargas concert, last night was the first game I've gotten to see. And a win, surely had something to do with me being there at least in intent.

That Blaha guy, he could find a sliver lining in the Hindenberg disaster.

7. max

max All-Star

Im glad the coach benched Stuckey. So sick of his BS over the years. Team hands him the keys to the team and he is still out there doing a cheap imitation of D-Wade. I hope he realizes that this could be his last ever chance at being a starter and gets with the program. He is not good enough to be a starting SG so he better learn the point and fast. I have gained some respect for Q because of that.

Anyway, nice to get a win. I am not too worried about letting them back in the game. Basically they recovered well and finished the game. Monroe is worth a few mins for his rebounding alone - he will get better.

8. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

co signed. also rip comes from bench - this game showd that rip can adjust to new style - not so many midrange jumpers from picks but free throws and 3pt shots.

there was serious eye to eye talk between rip and Q, I guess.

9. max

max All-Star

I think the coach finally gets the fact that he is going to get fired anyway if the losses continue to mount so he may as well do it his way and go down with a fight - even if it means stepping on Joe's pet projects. Or perhaps Joe finally realizes the futility of it all.

I would not mind if Stuck never played another game for us. Did we miss him last night? Maybe Stuck will finally start acting like PG now. We will see.

I do like Rip off the bench and he did not seem to mind doing it last night. So thats at least one good thing.

10. Ernie the Slow Adult

Charles Barkley always says that when you are the coach you better do it your way no matter who you are working for or with because you will take the blame when it doesn't work out.

Rip didn't seem to get noticed so much at the 3 last night. I don't know if that had anything to do with coming off the bench. They played as big as they're capable of playing with Monroe and CCG when they went to the 3 guard outfit. That definitely helped to me.

I agree with you on Stuckey. Maybe it is just a coincidence, but another team closed a big lead on them only this time they didn't lose the game. I think it helped not having your franchise player sucking wind for the entire 4th Q.

Way to go Coach Kuester, you are a Piston!

11. Brap

Brap Starter

You guys ragging on Stuckey as a player is just too much.

The guy can play ball. It seems to me that he's a good guy who's really frustrated - and that his coach, Larry Brown style, is killing him to make sure he comes back playing "the right way" --- whatever the hell that means.

Still, he's the best player on this team - he does so much for the club and shifts positions a lot to accomodate the guys we have.

If I were you guys, I'd be rooting hard for him to breakthrough this and come back playing really well. I still think his play at PG is super critical for this franchise's future. Treating him like he's garbage and should just be cut - meaning we get nothing from him (or for him in trade) sure doesn't seem like a helpful wish.

12. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Yeah, and then there's the reality of the situation. The Pistons had ONE good quarter of basketball, and then reverted to the same isolation ball crap that nearly coughed up a 22 point lead. They played the same way those last 3 quarters that they've played with Stuckey, but yeah sure, let that one quarter is evidence enough that Stuckey should rot on the bench for the rest of the year.

I loved how all the guards ignored Monroe in the post when he was open (especially Will Bynum). Monroe was the biggest bright spot in this game... he scored some, rebounded and came up with the key steal to seal the game.

13. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Good, let's trade him then. I would love nothing more than to see him flourish away from this dumpster fire of a team.

Let's get rid of him at ALL COSTS. Kid is OBVIOUSLY a cancer to the team.

And yeah, let's praise Kuester for "laying down the law" with a soft spoken person like Rodney (who would never air his dirty laundry to the press like Prince and others have). Does anyone really see him benching Hamilton/Prince in the same sort of scenario? I don't. I think Kuester made an example out of Stuckey because he knew he wouldn't fight back.

14. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You do realize you're praising the conflict resolution skills of someone who once ran into the stands throwing haymakers and got into a fight at a nightclub with a midget?

Regarding Stuckey, I don't think I've ever had anything bad to say about the guy, but it's kind of a relief to me that our first win came without him. The "Stuckey good?/not good?" drama is getting to be a little much for me.

15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Thanks for the specifics in all the recaps. Nice to go deep into the win.
    Did anyone notice or even care that last year LB4Lb wanted to go back to Philly !?//?? guess that was just thinking out loud.
    _________
    Maxed out Knee Minutes = MOKM
    I think we'll be using that again.
    _________
    As I remember Laimbeer, he did have hops. Back then you could take the ball off the rim bounce, and that's what he did.
    _________
    As for Stuck, he's a penetrator, maybe nothing more. But I can remember some game 7s where penetraters took the series away from us. Ginobli and Bron come to mind.

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

There was a team meeting yesterday morning. For all we know, him teammates instituted that punishment. Judging by Prince's interview, I think that he took care of business at that meeting.

17. Brap

Brap Starter

What determines anyone's success at anything in life isn't how he handles things when everything's going well - it's who he is being in the face of the breakdowns in life. We don't know yet how Stuckey will handle this. But I also know that it takes a breakdown to cause a breakthrough - (I'll bet you guys can remember a situation where someone who was going off kilter stopped doing that, took responsibility and made something great happen out of the adversity) - so I hope Stuckey takes advantage of this adverse situation.

18. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Can't find the link now, but I read that Wallace and TMac were the two doing most of the talking at the meeting in the morning...

As much as I made fun of and thought very little of Tmac over the years, I think he's been a valuable signing on and off the court so far for the season.

19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I don't think Stuckey has the consistency to start, I don't think he has the skill set to be a PG. I think he would FLOURISH as a combo guard (which he is) that comes off the bench. I really liked what we saw of the T-Mac/Gordon backcourt, adding Silver Spoon as the 3rd guard could really produce results.

20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Oh and Will Bynum, after watching the replay of the game, Bynum was HORRIBLE in the 4th qtr, he nor Stuckey, nor Prince can run the offense in the 4th. Until we get a PG or at least a T-Mac who can go hard for 28 minutes, we're screwed.